Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As long as her defenders of the indefensible continue to ask me questions, I guess I will respond.

Why is the OP's outrageous outrage of a comment by a poster wishing death on the president perfectly acceptable and justified, but when her past comments wishing death by hanging of a president is brought up, we should just let that alone? Cause she's young, misguided, searching for God?

One other point;

Did she EVER apologize in the past year for wishing death on a president by hanging? Or did she have to be "reminded" of her previous comment before she apologized?

There is a word for that...can't think of it right now.
Who said it was perfectly acceptable when I said it? No one did. Even I am saying it is wrong.

And yes, I have apologized. As I said, I have a real life aside from CD. I did not know a post one year old mattered so much to you. But it is ok. I guess I did not expect anything else. Most people would take my explanation and understand.

The difference is that many people here REALIZE the ONE time I told them. You just want to push it further to humiliate me and shame me. You are the only one who is really pushing this issue out of context. You have no intention of trying to understand or getting something out of this. Why can't you just understand that people make mistakes? Much ado about nothing.

I don't even know why I trying with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I do understand the difference, and it would be nice if the current administration didn't take that borrowed trillion dollars that could help parents care for their children to use for their own political purposes. Last I heard BO was alive and parents all over the country are struggling to provide for their children.
Yes, but the same was true under the Bush Presidency. They also spent trillions for the Iraq war. He was a live and well and parents were struggling to provide for kids too.

It is not the matter of blaming the president or ex president. It is horrible when anyones parents die.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DietitianVicky View Post
A resounding AMEN! If it rained outside, it was Bush's fault.
Somehow..!

Let's rename this thread "God Bless President Barack Obama.... oh! and millions of massacred innocent babies!" Just a little footnote.
First of all, what does innocent babies have to do with it?

Second of all, go create your thread with that title.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:23 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Here's the content of my post. It's full of all sorts of facts just in case you would like to comment on any of that.

What his two daughters would experience in his absence would be a small slice of the humble pie children in the hardest hit areas of the economy are now enduring because the nearly trillion dollars in borrowed "stimulus" money was diverted to Democrat allies and corporations that know how to return a favor. See all over places like Michigan, Arizona, Nevada and Rhode Island parents are unable to provide for their children in the way they would like. This is due in no part to their own doing. They didn't sign GLBA or repeal Glass-Steigall. They didn't look the other way while the GSEs turned out trillions in toxic assets under the protection of Democrats in Congress to include BO. Today those parents are scaling back Christmas and canceling vacations. Other are losing their homes. I know a young lady with two girls maybe a few years younger than BO's. She lives with her mother and daughters in a flea-bag weekly motel since they lost their house two years ago. She is unable to find a better job than the cashier position she presently has because there simply aren't jobs here. If you look through the account of these spent funds on Recovery.gov you'll see little if any of that money being spent to help people like her. So you'll please excuse me now while I spit the vomit out of my mouth that's been there since I read your comments about the poor Obama girls.
Yeah, I read that. And you're saying exactly what I said you were saying...blaming Obama for unemployed parents, which in your mind is worse than a dead parent. Good grief.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:26 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Who said it was perfectly acceptable when I said it? No one did. Even I am saying it is wrong.

And yes, I have apologized. As I said, I have a real life aside from CD. I did not know a post one year old mattered so much to you. But it is ok. I guess I did not expect anything else. Most people would take my explanation and understand.

The difference is that many people here REALIZE the ONE time I told them. You just want to push it further to humiliate me and shame me. You are the only one who is really pushing this issue out of context. You have no intention of trying to understand or getting something out of this. Why can't you just understand that people make mistakes? Much ado about nothing.

Yes, but the same was true under the Bush Presidency. They also spent trillions for the Iraq war. He was a live and well and parents were struggling to provide for kids too.

It is not the matter of blaming the president or ex president. It is horrible when anyones parents die.
You really are missing my point. When you started your OP and criticized the poster who made that comment and then claimed YOU would never wish death on bush/mccain/palin, it was disingenuous and hypocritical at best, considering you had made the same comment.

I'm not really trying to shame you, but your defenders leave me no choice but to explain WHY I'm making these comments, the continual rehash, in other words.

I'm taking nothing out of context, I do understand and everybody makes mistakes of course.

I commend you for at least admitting your mistake, admitting that no one should wish such a thing on a president, or anyone else.

I am serious about the "lesson" in this for you.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:37 PM

403 posts, read 535,074 times
Quote:
You really are missing my point. When you started your OP and criticized the poster who made that comment and then claimed YOU would never wish death on bush/mccain/palin, it was disingenuous and hypocritical at best, considering you had made the same comment.

I'm not really trying to shame you, but your defenders leave me no choice but to explain WHY I'm making these comments, the continual rehash, in other words.

I'm taking nothing out of context, I do understand and everybody makes mistakes of course.

I commend you for at least admitting your mistake, admitting that no one should wish such a thing on a president, or anyone else.

I am serious about the "lesson" in this for you.
look huny...you are not her teacher, you are not her mother & i dont think she wants your advice either so just let it go. you're just repeating yourself over & over again trying to boost up your own ego by rubbin it in her face that she said something bad about someone.

you're not perfect & i'm pretty sure you clean your house with windex too.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:18 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Quote:
I think its vile to continually defend a person who has wished death by hanging on a president, no matter how young or misguided. Now that is definitely vile. She only apologized for it because I happened to post her words, her very own words, in contrast to her railing on another poster.

I know she would never have admitted she had said something similar. She should have, BEFORE she railed on somebody else. That's all, really quite simple. You and the other enablers and sympathizers are the ones keeping this going.

There was no heated debate in that thread, or at least nothing that LV was involved in.
One thing has been made crystal clear in this thread. Age is not the same as wisdom. The OP has the wisdom to admit mistakes and therefore she has the capacity for growth and gaining of wisdom. You never admit you are wrong, even when it has been proven to you that you are wrong, and you are so full of bitterness and rage that you not only need to vent on the President...you now must vent on a young woman whose maturity makes you look small indeed.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:

I think you have your illions words confused. Billions just isn't the same thing as trillions. Since this year began billions is not longer a big number as it once was. Hell they have a bill recently passed in the Senate that they talk about spending only $849 billion and the number jugglers have already said that by the end of the ten years it covers it will spend over $2 trillion. They just can't take enough money from Medicare to cover that.

I keep wondering if people think that any money is going to be taken from Medicare. All they will do is withhold $60 billion per year but that doesn't make any money. They intend to spend every penny of that on socialized medicine.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:25 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
First of all, what does innocent babies have to do with it?

Second of all, go create your thread with that title.
Nice try to turn a little side note into a big deal. Of course, when one talks badly about the left and abortion the change is made, right?

Old 11-24-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think you have your illions words confused. Billions just isn't the same thing as trillions. Since this year began billions is not longer a big number as it once was. Hell they have a bill recently passed in the Senate that they talk about spending only $849 billion and the number jugglers have already said that by the end of the ten years it covers it will spend over $2 trillion. They just can't take enough money from Medicare to cover that.

I keep wondering if people think that any money is going to be taken from Medicare. All they will do is withhold $60 billion per year but that doesn't make any money. They intend to spend every penny of that on socialized medicine.
Not since this year began. This is an indirect way of trying to blame on Obamas administration. It has been for a while. Sorry, I don't understand why people want to blame in entirely on Obama. Let me guess. Everything was entirely perfect in the USA until 1/20/2009 right?

Write your Senators. Write your Congressmen or women. We need to start expressing ourselves.

And no, I do not have my trillions and billions mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
One thing has been made crystal clear in this thread. Age is not the same as wisdom. The OP has the wisdom to admit mistakes and therefore she has the capacity for growth and gaining of wisdom. You never admit you are wrong, even when it has been proven to you that you are wrong, and you are so full of bitterness and rage that you not only need to vent on the President...you now must vent on a young woman whose maturity makes you look small indeed.
And I must say that I thank you. I read your posts about being from a military family. So it must be right to say "I salute you."

A lot has happened over the course of the last year and I am thankful I learned more from it.

Old 11-24-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Nice try to turn a little side note into a big deal. Of course, when one talks badly about the left and abortion the change is made, right?
Huh?

If anything, that poster to whom I was responding too was making it a big deal.

He wants to talk about abortion, there are 374789374893748932748937 other threads about that. He can take it there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies