Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 07:50 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,587,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think its vile to continually defend a person who has wished death by hanging on a president, no matter how young or misguided. Now that is definitely vile. She only apologized for it because I happened to post her words, her very own words, in contrast to her railing on another poster.

I know she would never have admitted she had said something similar. She should have, BEFORE she railed on somebody else. That's all, really quite simple. You and the other enablers and sympathizers are the ones keeping this going.

There was no heated debate in that thread, or at least nothing that LV was involved in.
You seriously need to get over it. You think you are right but you are not. Not even close.

I did not apologize because you found it. I apologized because I know it is wrong. I don't need to prove anything to you.

So, it is vile. Agreed. I am sorry for anything liberals and I said about Bush. Now, can you say you are upset that that people on the right and that poster wishes lung cancer on Obama or no?

Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
You seriously need to get over it. You think you are right but you are not. Not even close.

I did not apologize because you found it. I apologized because I know it is wrong. I don't need to prove anything to you.

So, it is vile. Agreed. I am sorry for anything liberals and I said about Bush. Now, can you say you are upset that that people on the right and that poster wishes lung cancer on Obama or no?
Would you have apologized if I didn't bring it up? Vile? Not at all. I hope you have learned your lesson...judge not, lest you be judged, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones...stuff like that.

I am not upset about it, I'm not hand wringing as you are. Do I agree with it.... ..... ......no. Do I think people should say crap like that...no.

Last edited by sanrene; 11-24-2009 at 08:04 PM..

Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM

403 posts, read 535,668 times
wow...someone really needs to get off their high horse
LV sweety, just stop feeding it.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,587,675 times
Quote:
Would you have apologized if I didn't bring it up? Vile? Not at all. I hope you have learned your lesson...judge not, lest you be judged, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones...stuff like that.

I am not upset about, I'm not hand wringing as you are. Do I agree with it.... ..... ......no. Do I think people should say crap like that...no.
And my life does not revolve around CD data. With my friends in life and such, we always talk politics. They know I would not wish death upon Bush. I said it a year ago. I do not see what your strange obsession with me not bringing it up has to do with it.

No offense but learn a lesson from this and how you reacted? I could say what I feel I learned from your behaviour but I would get a temporary ban. Also, you also can learn a lesson.

I did learn from other people on here though. Thanks, guys.

Let us get together and hope/wish/pray for President Obama and his families well being.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:02 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,447,495 times
I am truly astonished by what I am seeing on this thread from Christians. Here is a person that WANTS to try and find faith and they are being slammed. We all have made dumb comments and have made bad choices but to actually discourage a person is amazing to me.

Maybe she did just admit because she was caught but maybe she really is sorry also. No matter the reason she has a genuine interest in finding faith and that should never be mocked or discouraged.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,011,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I am truly astonished by what I am seeing on this thread from Christians. Here is a person that WANTS to try and find faith and they are being slammed. We all have made dumb comments and have made bad choices but to actually discourage a person is amazing to me.

Maybe she did just admit because she was caught but maybe she really is sorry also. No matter the reason she has a genuine interest in finding faith and that should never be mocked or discouraged.
As long as her defenders of the indefensible continue to ask me questions, I guess I will respond.

Why is the OP's outrageous outrage of a comment by a poster wishing death on the president perfectly acceptable and justified, but when her past comments wishing death by hanging of a president is brought up, we should just let that alone? Cause she's young, misguided, searching for God?

One other point;

Did she EVER apologize in the past year for wishing death on a president by hanging? Or did she have to be "reminded" of her previous comment before she apologized?

There is a word for that...can't think of it right now.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 PM
KoT

103 posts, read 186,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post

Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post

Surely you're aware that there's a difference between kids growing up with a dead parent, and kids growing up with an out-of-work parent.

I do understand the difference, and it would be nice if the current administration didn't take that borrowed trillion dollars that could help parents care for their children to use for their own political purposes. Last I heard BO was alive and parents all over the country are struggling to provide for their children.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:12 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,433,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Seriously? You're serious....are you actually being serious? That's hilarious! So having a parent die is nothing compared to having an out-of-work parent. Not only that, but you're pinning the blame of this catastrophic event of a jobless parent on the current president. Again, hilarious! I actually feel sorry for you...I wonder what all those people out there who have lost parents would say about your little epiphany about losing a parent. Somehow I think you wouldn't be standing.

Here's the content of my post. It's full of all sorts of facts just in case you would like to comment on any of that.

What his two daughters would experience in his absence would be a small slice of the humble pie children in the hardest hit areas of the economy are now enduring because the nearly trillion dollars in borrowed "stimulus" money was diverted to Democrat allies and corporations that know how to return a favor. See all over places like Michigan, Arizona, Nevada and Rhode Island parents are unable to provide for their children in the way they would like. This is due in no part to their own doing. They didn't sign GLBA or repeal Glass-Steigall. They didn't look the other way while the GSEs turned out trillions in toxic assets under the protection of Democrats in Congress to include BO. Today those parents are scaling back Christmas and canceling vacations. Other are losing their homes. I know a young lady with two girls maybe a few years younger than BO's. She lives with her mother and daughters in a flea-bag weekly motel since they lost their house two years ago. She is unable to find a better job than the cashier position she presently has because there simply aren't jobs here. If you look through the account of these spent funds on Recovery.gov you'll see little if any of that money being spent to help people like her. So you'll please excuse me now while I spit the vomit out of my mouth that's been there since I read your comments about the poor Obama girls.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:17 PM

43 posts, read 138,774 times
Quote:
Gosh, these sentiments would have been so appreciated during bush's time, when people were threatening his life, calling him a murderer, a nazi, a killer on a daily basis. I think much worse things were "wished" upon Bush.

You reap what you sow...and the Left sowed a lot of hate for 8 years.

Where is the post, so I can read it for myself instead of believing your interpretation?

Did you say so at the time? Show me.
A resounding AMEN! If it rained outside, it was Bush's fault.
Somehow..!

Let's rename this thread "God Bless President Barack Obama.... oh! and millions of massacred innocent babies!" Just a little footnote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies