Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,689,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finn, Fox through the mouth of Shepherd Smith is reporting that Robert Gibbs told a different story this morning at the press conference. Gibbs says that Obama now has enough info to make a decision and that he will release his decision next week. Maybe he will have time to read what BBC says he is going to do. You think.

If you are wondering, Fox did play a sound bite of Gibbs saying that.
Why don't you wait for the official announcement next week. That will give you a few more days of denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 01:23 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,588,634 times
Quote:
Finn, in reading that article I saw nothing but an attempt to continue the blame Bush for it all, even the 4 months of dithering. The BBC talks very authoritatively considering that he is waiting until next week to make his announcement.

Oh well now we know from the UK just what our man is going to do.

You Bushies are so sensitive about Dubya's FUBAR in the middle east.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
The word Bush doesn't appear once in the article. Are you sure you read it? I saw nothing blaming anyone, much less Bush.
They love the "Bush victim" game so much that they play it even when poor Bush is not even mentioned.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:27 PM

Yep, sure looks like eight years of dithering is finally coming to an end.

Obama: US Will 'Finish the Job' in Afghanistan | Asia | English

U.S. President Barack Obama says he plans to "finish the job" in Afghanistan and will soon announce his highly anticipated decision on U.S. troop levels.

The announcement is expected next week.

During a White House news conference with India's prime minister, Mr. Obama said it is in U.S. strategic interests to make sure al-Qaida and its allies cannot operate effectively in the region and Afghanistan's stability is important to that process.

Despite U.S. opinion polls indicating declining public support for the war, Mr. Obama said people will be supportive once they hear his clear rationale for the U.S. mission.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,534,436 times
Hey roy, stop dithering and respond to our posts!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:31 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,673,795 times
I wish people would understand that the same people who slam Obama will continue to slam him no matter what he does. It's not about Afghanistan, it's not about health care, and it's not about the economy. It's about that black man in the white house. Obama could send a half million men and they would still find fault. Obama could pull all troops out tomorrow, and they would still find blame. Nothing short of hanging him from the nearest tree will ever satisfy this group of haters. I personally am convinced of that fact and find it disgusting.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why don't you wait for the official announcement next week. That will give you a few more days of denial.
Are you saying that Robert Gibbs is a liar? Well, finally we agree about at least one thing. My report was what Gibbs said at a press conference but you won't talk about that. I am sure that BBC was right but officially Gibbs is much closer than they are.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:35 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,534,436 times
Quote:
Are you saying that Robert Gibbs is a liar? Well, finally we agree about at least one thing. My report was what Gibbs said at a press conference but you won't talk about that. I am sure that BBC was right but officially Gibbs is much closer than they are.
You: Finn, in reading that article I saw nothing but an attempt to continue the blame Bush for it all...

Nothing about Gibbs in that article.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:36 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,301,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The article does not mention Bush at all, so I guess you insist on playing the "Bush the victim" game.
You are so right about your article, but I guess you missed the words of Obama this morning blaming the war that he took as his own during the campaign on Bush. I am sorry that this happened but you missed the point so badly worrying about me defending Bush.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
No, actually you are the only person here who has mentined Gibbs. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies