Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 02:38 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Because people forget, easily!!!!!! Haven't you noticed?

As far as the overall conflict it is and will remain relevant.
There seems to be an effort to brush the past eight years under the rug, as if it never happened .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 03:06 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,955,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
"After eight years, some of those years in which we did not have, I think, either the resources or the strategy to get the job done, it is my intention to finish the job."

I see no blame in that statement. Do you? It seems like either you're grasping at straws or you have a guilty conscience.
I see your fine reading comprehension skills are on display yet again.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
My prediction:

Obama sends in the troops, sees what the situation looks like in 6-10 months, and then declares victory and announces bringing the boys home before next year's election.

He wanted to grab all the credit in Iraq and since he could not he is trying to figure out a way to get credit for any positive happens. And of course if something negative happens the nutcase and his sheep will do the normal blame Bush crap.

I will give him full credit if he finally makes a decision to get the job done even though he has put us back many months.

We need to finish the job and get out.

And I also agree, he will use our troops lives to gain momentum for the 2010 elections. It just the way he plays the game.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:24 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
There seems to be an effort to brush the past eight years under the rug, as if it never happened .

You cannot brush it under the rug, remember your VP Biden voted for the way, your SoS voted for the war. Should I go on?

Maybe the treasonous dem whack job Jack Murtha can help you with your issues since he believes we are cold blooded killers.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:33 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We need to finish the job and get out.
And just win, in the gentleman's learned and obviously unbiased opinion, would we know when the job is done?

MMMMMMM?

Quote:
You cannot brush it under the rug, remember your VP Biden voted for the way, your SoS voted for the war. Should I go on?
You really want to get me started on the National Intelligence estimate of Oct 2002 that was completed in 1/10 the time a normal estimate is done? Do you really want me to get into the heavily appended CIA report that was given to every member of congress before the vote? I have a copy still. Most members of congress are not privy to the classified version(s) of those things. But you knew that.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:52 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
BBC News - Obama to 'finish job' in Afghanistan

US President Barack Obama has said it is his intention to "finish the job" in Afghanistan after eight years of conflict there.
Mr Obama said he would announce a long-awaited decision over sending more troops to Afghanistan "shortly".

Some US media reports have suggested that the US president is intending to send 34,000 more troops.
After three months of "didgeri ditheridoo, what's an 0bama to do" I'm not impressed with his promise to trickle in troops and "eventually" reach about 30,000 more. This is scaling back the war, so he can find a good time and place to lose it, so he can exit.

Quote:
0bama: "After eight years, some of those years in which we did not have, I think, either the resources or the strategy to get the job done, it is my intention to finish the job."
Oh yeah, I've heard him use that stern, no nonsense, business like tone before, when he stated he would ban all earmarks, keep lobbyists out of his administration, close GITMO, spend $787 billion to jump start the economy, create four million new jobs and on and on and on, I have no faith in 0bama's ability to "finish the job" or accomplish much of anything except to find the last few world leaders his has not yet bowed submissively before.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:54 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
And just win, in the gentleman's learned and obviously unbiased opinion, would we know when the job is done?

MMMMMMM?

You really want to get me started on the National Intelligence estimate of Oct 2002 that was completed in 1/10 the time a normal estimate is done? Do you really want me to get into the heavily appended CIA report that was given to every member of congress before the vote? I have a copy still. Most members of congress are not privy to the classified version(s) of those things. But you knew that.
Lets see now. Are you saying that the members of the Intelligence committees in both houses of Congress weren't kept abreast of what was going on? Surely the other members could have learned something from them if it was necessary. I don't think trying to do what you want to do here is really very honest. They either didn't try to find out or they stuck up the wrong balloon to determine the direction the wind was blowing before they voted. I think it was the later thing, but then I am not trying to dig the Dems out of their attempts to back off on that thing.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,668,310 times
Quote:

Maybe the treasonous dem whack job Jack Murtha can help you with your issues since he believes we are cold blooded killers.
I would have voted for Afghanistan war too, but of course we are not talking about whether or not it was the right thing to go in in the first place. We are talking about the eight years of political dithering with Afghanistan. Bush was not interested in what was happening in Afghanistan, and the results speak for themselves.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
After three months of "didgeri ditheridoo, what's an 0bama to do" I'm not impressed with his promise to trickle in troops and "eventually" reach about 30,000 more. This is scaling back the war, so he can find a good time and place to lose it, so he can exit.

Oh yeah, I've heard him use that stern, no nonsense, business like tone before, when he stated he would ban all earmarks, keep lobbyists out of his administration, close GITMO, spend $787 billion to jump start the economy, create four million new jobs and on and on and on, I have no faith in 0bama's ability to "finish the job" or accomplish much of anything except to find the last few world leaders his has not yet bowed submissively before.
Ban all earmarks, keep the lobbyists out, close Gitmo. He found after the election that this just wasn't as easy as he had thought. I think he promised whatever would get him elected without thinking about how hard all those things would be to accomplish. Of course, he never meant to abolish earmarks for his people and he knew that the lobbyists had to be around for their money.

The Indians would describe Obama with these words. HEAP BIG SMOKE, NO FIRE.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,172,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Finn, in reading that article I saw nothing but an attempt to continue the blame Bush for it all, even the 4 months of dithering. The BBC talks very authoritatively considering that he is waiting until next week to make his announcement.

Oh well now we know from the UK just what our man is going to do.
Exactly, 0bama was asked what his decision would be and he went immediately into man-child mode and blamed Bush.

"After eight years, some of those years in which we did not have, I think, either the resources or the strategy to get the job done, it is my intention to finish the job."

We are saved, 0bama, the ditherer-in-chief, and serial bower, is going to "finish the job". Well, looking at his lofty record as a war-fighter, and his double spaced, half page resume of finishing jobs, I fail to be impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies