Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 01:53 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all from a hate filled liberal that's about to sit down with family for a Thanksgiving dinner.
Hahaha. Great post!

Have a hateful Thanksgiving Dinner with your hateful liberal self.

Old 11-26-2009, 01:58 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,104,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all from a hate filled liberal that's about to sit down with family for a Thanksgiving dinner.
Don't give Libs any ideas, they might start bashing thanksgiving because it might be offensive to something

Old 11-26-2009, 02:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Don't give Libs any ideas, they might start bashing thanksgiving because it might be offensive to something
Or conservatives would just run away from facts.

Your OP was debunked and was an epic fail.

Now THAT made my Thanksgiving. I was not offended. Hope you weren't.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:02 PM

392 posts, read 1,095,937 times
I have always been one to absolutely refuse to play this fine line of who is liberal and who is conservative and will never confine myself to being one or the other. I view each political topic and strategy unique onto itself.

But for those who do label themselves "liberal" or "conservative" and seemingly abide by these ideologies and confines set forth, both sides are packed with plenty of intolerance, but hate? Hate is a powerful word and should be sparingly used, in my opinion. Intolerance is more of what I see and I see it from both sides. The OP is luke warm in some of his examples. There is some truth to these labels he provided. But hate is overbearing. I would say intolerant is a more fitting description.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:03 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,956,590 times
I answered your questions. A lot of democrats are believers in statism. That could be what you have experienced.

Quote:
Why do so called "tolerant" liberals hate so many different people?

They hate people who work: Never heard of that ever.
They hate people who are religious: A lot of democrats are religious.
They hate minorites (except criminal minorities): Never heard of that ever.
They hate people from the South and Midwest: Maybe because of the southern stereotype.
They hate traditional families: Nope.
They hate white people: No way.
They hate everyone with an inkling of a differing opinion on any issue
They hate babies (pro abortion): Some people probably do hate babies.

So what are the reasons for such hatred by this group that identifies itself as caring about others and love and peace?

Old 11-26-2009, 02:04 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,363,370 times
Quote:
Why do so called "tolerant" liberals hate so many different people?

They hate people who work
They hate people who are religious
They hate minorites (except criminal minorities)
They hate people from the South and Midwest
They hate traditional families
They hate white people
They hate everyone with an inkling of a differing opinion on any issue
They hate babies (pro abortion)

So what are the reasons for such hatred by this group that identifies itself as caring about others and love and peace?

Why do conservatives hate:
Muslims,
Proper grammar and education,
the concept of "everyone has the right to health care",
interracial couples,
any sort of international diplomacy which hints that the USA isn't #1 (USA! USA! USA! and beating of chests and saying it will be OUR way or THE HIGHWAY bullsh*t)
the French,
Hispanics,
a balanced budget,
small government (and DON't give me the BS that they don't like Big Brother ... every republican president since FDR has increased the military budget to the point of unsustainability and needlessly)
?

And seeing that most liberals are white, it stands to reason they don't hate white people. Are you racist or just stupid?

Old 11-26-2009, 02:09 PM

1,353 posts, read 2,431,133 times
Quote:
You went off topic by deflecting everything onto conservatives. Deflection is a tactic used by liberals. Try and get back on topic and answer the question originally posed
How can you ask anyone to answer the original question when the original question is so ridiculous?

Let's see...
I work. All my friends and family work.

I grew up in a religious family (although, they know faith is personal and they never judge those who are not religious, or those who have beliefs that differ from their own).

I have many friends who are minorities. Not one of them has ever done anything criminal.

I have family in the south and the mid-west. I don't even dislike any of them, much less hate them.

I'm from a traditional family. My parents have been married for almost 40 years. I have a wonderful relationship with my parents and with my brother and sister. I think my brother's and sister's traditional families are pretty great, too.

I'm white.

I respect, and expect, that not everyone will agree with my opinion on any given subject. That is not a problem for me and I have had many informative, non-confrontational discussions with people of differing opinions.

I am pro-choice. Calling me pro-abortion or anti-child is baseless.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Or conservatives would just run away from facts.

Your OP was debunked and was an epic fail.

Now THAT made my Thanksgiving. I was not offended. Hope you weren't.

You did not debunk anything. You didn't prove anything to the contrary. Epic fail by you. This thread made me smile as I proved that Liberals are indeed hateful and angry

Old 11-26-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskercurve View Post

Why do conservatives hate:
Muslims,
Proper grammar and education,
the concept of "everyone has the right to health care",
interracial couples,
any sort of international diplomacy which hints that the USA isn't #1 (USA! USA! USA! and beating of chests and saying it will be OUR way or THE HIGHWAY bullsh*t)
the French,
Hispanics,
a balanced budget,
small government (and DON't give me the BS that they don't like Big Brother ... every republican president since FDR has increased the military budget to the point of unsustainability and needlessly)
?

And seeing that most liberals are white, it stands to reason they don't hate white people. Are you racist or just stupid?
Another person that does not know what "on topic" is

Old 11-26-2009, 02:11 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,753,233 times
Quote:
Liberals show their hatred on all these issues

They hate good moral blacks who work hard by calling them hateful names like "uncle toms" while supprting criminals like tookie williams
Tookie Williams? I don't even know who that is, so how am I or others that I know supporting him. How do you come to the conclusion that liberals call hard working blacks uncle toms? I'm black and liberal, and I want to see everyone succeed in whatever profession they are in, so what are you talking about. You seem to be again making up stuff. Show us some proof of your claim.

Quote:
They have this unfounded hatred of the South and Midwest despite the fact that Southern cities are less racist and more integrated then other areas
Again, show us proof. Most liberals in the south live in cities like Atlanta, Charlotte, and Raleigh. Many more of making the move to the South, as we are seeing a political shift in a lot of the elections. If they hate it, why are they moving there?

Quote:
They hate Christians judged by the amount of bashing that they receive
Again your opinion, not a fact. Let me give you facts, since you neocons seem to have a trouble handling facts and reality. The reality is, that there has been movement by the Christian Right to push against the gay community. Many of them have gotten constitutional bans passed to prevent same-sex couples from receiving any benefits for their spouses and for what reason...because of what the bible says? It seems like they are pushing their agenda on to people, not the other way around, and in my opinion gay couples have every right to be upset. I don't think most in the gay community hate Christians (as many are Christians themselves), but many people tired and frustrated with their agenda.

Quote:
Abortions go hand in hand with hating children. How could anything be worse than murder for convenience
I don't necessarily agree with it either, but at the same time I respect the law and respect the right of the woman, because it's her body and ultimately a decision she will have to live with. What happened to "Judge not lest ye be judged". Let that decision be between her and God, it's not your place to step in.

Quote:
They show their hatred for others of differing opinions be calling them everything from "nazis" to "fascists" and "racists"
Oh really, so what were all the signs of Obama at the tea party protests? The man hasn't even been in office long enough to make a huge impact, and he is already being called every name in the book, by right wingers.

Quote:
You are free to post about conservatives hating gays (although most including me don't have a problem with them) on the conservative hate thread on CD. It is off topic on this thread though
I don't have hate for conservatives, but I do like calling people to task on things, especially when they make up stuff without any proof or evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies