Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 04:07 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,967,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
First of all, who said liberals are tolerant?
Is it a requirement for my political beliefs?
Nope, didn't think so.
Though you must admit it is a general advertisement of the position? We all know realistically that as a movement this is untrue simply by the fact that tolerant means acceptance and I can think of no opposing ideal which "accepts" the others. It makes no sense to.

I think what is the issue is that so many fallacious arguments operate from "some" of the left to which use "tolerance" as a key word to denounce the other side.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:25 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,769,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
I'm very pleased that you respect those who served with the military. I also believe you missed my point; If you had served you would understand that the things you believe about the military are untrue. The rest of what you read into my post was just that- what you read into it. The "countless people who have and are serving" that you know must be a select group; with Army folks I find the ratio is around 25 to 1 in favor of being in the Army. Can't think of even one who came into the Army because he had no other options.

Dano
try looking at statistics about socioeconomic makeup of the military. The majority of the military today does not even support what we are doing. The suicide rates are the highest ever. I suppose they like being there too?

Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 PM

433 posts, read 460,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
try looking at statistics about socioeconomic makeup of the military. The majority of the military today does not even support what we are doing. The suicide rates are the highest ever. I suppose they like being there too?
Again, this is what I was referring to when I said "If you had served you would understand that the things you believe about the military are untrue." IMO You seem to be forming opinions based on bogus information. The military has always been an excellent opportunity for those without the means (or desire) to go to college- do you believe it's better for them to work flipping hamburgers with no future?
I don't know where your opinion about "majority of the military today does not even support what we are doing" comes from; Most are dedicated and proud to serve. Do you have a cite that supports this opinion?
Suicide rates are in fact high- so is the same age/education/social group demographic in the civilian population; Why do you think military service makes it different? Again a cite supporting your opinion would be appreciated.
I am certain that almost none "like being there" but most are proud to do their jobs there. Any that "like being there" should be sent home for mental eval!

Dano

Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
You are indeed a free rider. A free rider that not only whimsically chastizes the brave young men and women that volunteer to do your part but appears to negate the valuue of that service. That value that alllows you to serve your country by accepting student loans and grants, medical and social services and other entitlements, I strongly suspect, you willingly accept as do other like thinking people of the entitlement crowd.

You don't have to pick up a gun there are indeed many ways to serve your country in the military. The fact is it would be a tremendous benifit, more of a benifit to you than to your country if all young men and women in the country were conscripted to serve. They would then learn that life is more than just about them and their narcissistice needs, wants, and desires.

I think that today many young people do not get beyond the concept of those shallow marshmallow narcissitic credes, doctrines and mores learned from bad parenting, superficial schools and secular indoctrinated lives. These people need to be reprogrammed. the best way to do that and preserve this nation is that they be conscripted and reprogrammed. It would be good for them and good for the country. They are otherwise destined and doomed to be lost soules and a bal and chain on this country.

Who are these elite people you speak of that are not sending their kids off to war and belong to this nebulous military industrial complex you speak about? This is simply one large and oderous brain fart perpetrated by the superficial pseudointellectual crowd used to advocate the free ride concept and dismiss responsibility. Another myth regarding a centralized think tank that steers the directin of the greatest country in the world. The military industrial complex is just that, a complex freely evolving mandate of the surviva of a free economy and a free people.
We have one the USSR has one, England, France, just about everyone has one, except those that die in masses at the hands of barbarians that were not afforded protection to the "free riders" by the bravest and best within their societies. They only thought the ride was free and now they are either dead or slaves.

First off I never chastised anyone. Secondly you make some very broad assumptions.

Thirdly your concept of everyone not being in the military being a free rider is just ridiculous. Funny how people like you will scream at the idea of "socialized" programs but then argue in defense of forcing every citizen to serve in the military. It is quite ironic.

So everyone not involved in the military has bad parents, is god less, and got a superficial education and needs to be reprogrammed. Well that kind of proves my point. We are not little robots who simply must do as told. I know that is how the military treats people, as little peons who must be submissive and give up all personal thoughts, identity and morals and do as told when told.

Also my supposed brain fart you spoke of in your attempt to combine many "big" word to make yourself seem intelligent is farm from a myth. Have you actually ever looked up anything about the Military industrial complex? I assume not because you just believe what you are told to believe.

Did you know in 2008 there were over 300 billion dollars in defense contracts issued?
Over 1.6 billion this week?

The reality is that there is so much money spent on defense contracts and so many jobs created by manufacturing war machines that we need to stay at war. Our gov't is so closely tied to the people who make billions off of war it is not funny.

The "elites" I speak of are the congressmen, senators etc etc. Very very few of them have their children sign up for the very wars they support. How many ceo's of defense contractors do you think have kids in the war?

If you actually believe all the propoganda put out by the right wing and everyone else in support of wars than you sir are blind. If you believe all the military interventions we are involved with are moralistic you are sadly mistaken. Why then I ask you have we not stop genocides such as the one in darfur?

Old 11-29-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tad73 View Post
Thank you for the opportunity to debunk more left wing mythology.
First of all,peace?Every war in U.S. history after the civil war up to the gulf wars are 100% democrat owned.
Prosperity?How?By using that gun or sword on net tax producers to buy votes from net tax consumers?
You want to talk about acceptance?It took a Republican president to desegregate the military and Republican judges forced integration in the south while card carrying Democrats spat on 6 year old little girls who were just trying to go to school.Or how racist is it that liberals don't think black folks can make it on their own without the white liberals telling them what to do.
And if the media is so "right wing" then why did the left dominate Washington from the time radio was invented right up untill the year before windows 95 was released...hmmmm.The idle rich and giant corporations have always supported the Democrat party as a means to avoid the risk of competition from small business who historically have been represented by the Republican party.
So there you have it.Any questions?This is too easy!

Yes...actually have any sources of your fallacies?

The left dominated washington?? really? but even if that did what does that have to do with the media? Just incase you didn't know windows 95 is a operating system and has nothing to do with the media. It simply operates your computer. Check out ownership of media outlets it all public records my friend.

Oh yeah by the way it was Truman who desegregated the military and he was a democrat

Oh yeah that court. you know the one that ruled on alexander Vs holmes county. Yeah that was a court that had a 5-4 balance in favor of justices appointed by democratic presidents

Please stop embarrassing yourself with childish false statements.

Old 11-29-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Bush did not say that as you quoted, anyone that misstates is a liar. Left wingers love to twist facts to suit their political aims, positions. It is the truest lack of character to lie to gain something even if it is a pretentious position that is the coveted gain.

ummm this is the quote he did say

[SIZE=2] Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'" [/SIZE]

Old 11-29-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
Again, this is what I was referring to when I said "If you had served you would understand that the things you believe about the military are untrue." IMO You seem to be forming opinions based on bogus information. The military has always been an excellent opportunity for those without the means (or desire) to go to college- do you believe it's better for them to work flipping hamburgers with no future?
I don't know where your opinion about "majority of the military today does not even support what we are doing" comes from; Most are dedicated and proud to serve. Do you have a cite that supports this opinion?
Suicide rates are in fact high- so is the same age/education/social group demographic in the civilian population; Why do you think military service makes it different? Again a cite supporting your opinion would be appreciated.
I am certain that almost none "like being there" but most are proud to do their jobs there. Any that "like being there" should be sent home for mental eval!

Dano

Yes I know you repeat yourself and show nothing to back it up.

Here is a link to support my "idea" of low support for the war

War Times (http://www.war-times.org/issues/15art1.html - broken link)

Also the current suicide rate in the military is a little over 20 in 100,000 while the national average is 11 per 100,000 according to the CDC..... so there goes that argument.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:09 AM

1,133 posts, read 713,828 times
Quote:
First off I never chastised anyone. Secondly you make some very broad assumptions.

Thirdly your concept of everyone not being in the military being a free rider is just ridiculous. Funny how people like you will scream at the idea of "socialized" programs but then argue in defense of forcing every citizen to serve in the military. It is quite ironic.

So everyone not involved in the military has bad parents, is god less, and got a superficial education and needs to be reprogrammed. Well that kind of proves my point. We are not little robots who simply must do as told. I know that is how the military treats people, as little peons who must be submissive and give up all personal thoughts, identity and morals and do as told when told.

Also my supposed brain fart you spoke of in your attempt to combine many "big" word to make yourself seem intelligent is farm from a myth. Have you actually ever looked up anything about the Military industrial complex? I assume not because you just believe what you are told to believe.

Did you know in 2008 there were over 300 billion dollars in defense contracts issued?
Over 1.6 billion this week?

The reality is that there is so much money spent on defense contracts and so many jobs created by manufacturing war machines that we need to stay at war. Our gov't is so closely tied to the people who make billions off of war it is not funny.

The "elites" I speak of are the congressmen, senators etc etc. Very very few of them have their children sign up for the very wars they support. How many ceo's of defense contractors do you think have kids in the war?

If you actually believe all the propoganda put out by the right wing and everyone else in support of wars than you sir are blind. If you believe all the military interventions we are involved with are moralistic you are sadly mistaken. Why then I ask you have we not stop genocides such as the one in darfur?
Good finish to my point: "The one in Darfur"...=dead or slaves.
As a sort of Libertarian, in that i believe in most that Libertarians believein, I believe the only money that government should be collecting and spending is for defense and protection, i.e. the military and the police. All else is optional. In the perfect world, I would not hav eto fix your roads and you would not have to fix mine. I would not have to educate your kids and you would not have to educate mine, etc. ad infinitum. It is not a perfect world and never will be. If I were looking for a utpia though, my concept of perfect world would be mor perfect than yours.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:12 AM

1,133 posts, read 713,828 times
Quote:
ummm this is the quote he did say

[SIZE=2] Nabil Shaath says: "President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'" [/SIZE]
This is another lie and I would ask you to default to my original quote. Give me the direct quote when and where it was stated as you or ole geezer stated. Liar...liar...pants on fire! Thought that would be better understood

Old 11-30-2009, 08:15 AM

38,065 posts, read 22,219,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Liberals show their hatred on all these issues

They hate good moral blacks who work hard by calling them hateful names like "uncle toms" while supprting criminals like tookie williams

They have this unfounded hatred of the South and Midwest despite the fact that Southern cities are less racist and more integrated then other areas
Isn't that the truth.

I lived in the south east and out south west for many years, and I never saw such dark and bitter racism as I did coming from the people in the North Eastern US. Those folks think that as racist as they are, the south must be even worse, but in fact the opposite is true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies