Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 04:46 PM

97 posts, read 110,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound

That's my thought exactly! Rather disrespectful of him to do that in THEIR facility.
As I've said, Georgetown's not complaining.
Quote:
It's a cop out.
You're right. What was I thinking. Obama obviously just wants to kill babies. I guess anyone who votes against the health care bill for reasons such as the backroom deals, public option, or abortion language is just using cop-out. Otherwise they would focus whole bill, not certain provisions in it.

Quote:
Obama is not a theological scholar, so who is he to say that words have changed meaning over time when Biblical scholars have studied so thoroughly that they even know the original language, and the customs, and attest to the accuracy of the translation. The Dead Sea Scrolls have confirmed the accuracy of scripture over time.
Many Biblical scholars do believe in a literal interpretation and in the accuracy of the translations, but at the same time, just as many don't. They're all Biblical scholars, but they can't all be right.

Quote:
Heck, Obama is a Constitutional expert, and he can't even uphold the Constitution. He says it needs to change with the times. He thinks some sections should say what he would like them to say. Evidently, that's his attitude toward scripture as well - it needs to change with the times and read the way he thinks it should read.
I think the founding fathers allowed for amendments because they knew times would change too. They wanted a living constitution. But you can't really speak on this unless you too are a Constitutional Scholar. At least that's the case if we use your logic that no one can interpret the Bible unless they're a Biblical scholar. If you are a Constitutional scholar I am interested in hearing what you have to say. I really am. I'm actually an open-minded person. But I would also listen to what Obama, another Constitutional Scholar, has to say. Whose to say one of you got the Constitution more "right" than the other?
Quote:
And he has no conviction of his own of what is right and wrong in this instance? He will go with popular pc opinion? What kind of leader doesn't stand on his own convictions?
As I've said I'm sure it wasn't his idea. And honestly, if I were in that position, my "convictions" would be not having to deal with everyone's crap because I appear to be endorsing a certain faith, whether that actually is the case or not.

Quote:
I hear what you are saying, and I've heard a lot of people say that. But let's remember that we cannot assume that our interpretation is the right one just because it makes us feel comfortable. Too often, that is exactly what people do. There is even a warning in scripture that it is not up to personal (i.e. private) interpretation.
Thank you, I respect your interpretation too, and I only ask the same of you that you ask of me. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:51 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,203,264 times
Reports are that Obama will not attend any Christmas services.

White(house) Christmas without Christ

A writer for TIME magazine reports that the president and his family are not attending Christmas services. Gee, what a surprise! Barack Hussein Obama has consistently shown his lack of understanding of the Holy Bible, his disdain for the spiritual meaning of Christmas (no Nativity crèche in the White House), and his propensity to bow to Muslim leaders.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:22 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

A writer for TIME magazine reports that the president and his family are not attending Christmas services. Gee, what a surprise! Barack Hussein Obama has consistently shown his lack of understanding of the Holy Bible, his disdain for the spiritual meaning of Christmas (no Nativity crèche in the White House), and his propensity to bow to Muslim leaders.
I'm actually sad to hear that. He has so frequently stressed the importance of family cohesion, of both parents being present and involved with the children, of family unity and the teaching of values. What can be more important to family cohesion, togetherness and reinforcement of good values than spiritual strength and vitality that can only come from a true personal faith.

It's alwas possible that they invited a favorite pastor, a close friend perhaps, to conduct a private Christmas service for them.

Not attending at all doesn't set a good example for the people who look up to him.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:50 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

GASP! I'M SO SHOCKED!!

If this guy is a Christian, there is certainly not enough evidence to convict him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies