Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 09:12 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times

Advertisements

Is this for real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 09:42 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,230,523 times
Yes, it is for real and is becoming reality. Don't worry about that civil war, it's taking place today in the US Army. Indoctrination will be completed in Afghanistan. And the returning soldiers will be America's welcome to Jihad.

Quote:
...the Defense Department has brought Louay Safi to Fort Hood as an instructor, and that he has been lecturing on Islam to our troops in Fort Hood who are about to deploy to Afghanistan. Safi is a top official of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA).
. . . . . .
ISNA was identified by the Justice Department at the Holy Land Foundation terrorism financing conspiracy trial as an unindicted co-conspirator. The defendants at that trial were convicted of funding Hamas to the tune of millions of dollars. This should have come as no surprise. ISNA is the Muslim Brotherhood's umbrella entity for Islamist organizations in the United States. It was established in 1981 to enable Muslims in North America "to adopt Islam as a complete way of life" — i.e., to further the Brotherhood's strategy of establishing enclaves in the West that are governed by sharia.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:00 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,092,439 times
I find it very sad the sort of ethnocentristic form in which it's clear that (atleast) two posters were brought up. Typical homogenized American families lack some of the important cultural heritage that Obama doesn't, and that's unfortunate that you both were unable to experience something similar - and yet, your relatives of just a few generations ago did. I wish you were able to have been taught that cultural differences can be very beautiful, and they don't have to tear nations apart.

I won't even respond to the notion that Obama is a Muslim, and the reason is, unlike differences in McCarthyism, I find that it doesn't matter much. The reason I don't believe it matters one way or another is the same reason that I don't care which politician is a Christian and which isn't - there are many bad Christians, there are many bad Muslims, and there are many terrific, terrific Christians, and many unbelievably amazing Muslims.

I've spent much time in the Middle East and much time with Arab students here in the United States - they taught me their language, for which I speak mostly fluently (P.S. In the video introduction, Obama said "Peace on You," which doesn't take a genuine, fluent-in-Arabic Muslim to know, it's quite universal. Would you have cared if he had said Shalom?). Arabs have also been some of nicest, most generous people I've ever met. For the most part, both Muslims and Christians are honest, good people.

So again, I care very little whether or not Obama was a Muslim. I think sending 30,000 more American troops to bomb and maim the Muslims of Afghanistan isn't quite representative of a President who allows his previously-held beliefs to get in the way with his politics (unfortunately, for I don't support his decision), if in fact I even entertain the idea that he could be Muslim.

My rant will end now because I know my words will fall sharply to the ground. There are some people who have no interest in being non-partisan or studious. And for you, a YouTube video clip-without-context sort of evidence will suffice.

I feel for the both of you.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Who cares what he is?

Honestly?

Last I checked, being a Christian was NOT a requirement for becoming president. Sorry.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 PM

737 posts, read 1,176,703 times
I remember watching a lot of these speeches in '08

I like how they cut and paste the video clips!

I really like the part where Obama talks about the first muslim-American elected to Congress mentioning that the koran was used when he was sworn in, at roughly 3:17-3:27... and it cuts off mid-sentence! Why would they cut it off mid-sentence? Is it because the second part of the sentence he talks about how the koran had belonged to Thomas Jefferson? hmm...

What about the video of Obama touring a Mosque at roughly 6:47 onward. So what? What do you want him to do spit on the floor? I expect any President, Senator, Representative to be respectful when on foreign soil visiting a religious building.

Obama has stated he is a Christian and even had that pastor who got in the news.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:23 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Who cares what he is?

Honestly?

Last I checked, being a Christian was NOT a requirement for becoming president. Sorry.
And you're right in some respects.

But you have to admit, if it were any other president (especially a Republican) talking about Bible teachings, Christian customs, etc. he would be called a loony Bible-thumper, among other negative things, and given crap about it to no end. Then the ACLU would probably sue for any of it being brought up at all while on taxpayer time.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Is this for real?
For God's sake.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:57 PM

11,759 posts, read 14,650,345 times
This is ridiculous. You can't possibly believe that this in any way provides evidence for the long-discredited claim that Obama is a Muslim.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:00 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
Even if he is, which he's not, who cares?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:21 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
And you're right in some respects.

But you have to admit, if it were any other president (especially a Republican) talking about Bible teachings, Christian customs, etc. he would be called a loony Bible-thumper, among other negative things, and given crap about it to no end. Then the ACLU would probably sue for any of it being brought up at all while on taxpayer time.
Very true, any other President, would be dammed, i could care less about his religion, it is his POLITIC'S i am not fond of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies