Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 03:08 AM

33 posts, read 82,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Why?? Because many of these "men" are married, why should they get a free pass here? This is not a victimless crime when married men are involved since wife and kids are usually involved. Consenting is a faulty argument here. Fortunately, it won't be legalized any time soon, so the loser men out there can always be scared of arrest for this. YAY!!!

(waiting for the usual hate responses about me being against sex etc.)
How ignorant is this? This is just pure man hate, and to be honest men need to stand up to creeps like you. Ya know what? Infidelity is a common problem regardless of whether it is paid for or not and you have absolutely no right to force guys who are snubbed by you shallow women from getting a sexual release. You women also tend to use sex to get guys to have relationships with you and men lie to get some. Well perhaps the honest should win for once.

This is a pure injustice in American society, and for those who think the sex trade will include more slavery WITH regulation are completely void of logic. Why? Because, with regulation prostitutes would have background checks and ID cards, Johns would only go to these women for safely from STDs. The unliscenced sex workers would only be able to deal with the diseased, but to be honest they would become fewer and fewer over time as prostitutes no longer were one of the largest scale contributors per capita to STD spread world wide.

Don't you wonder why the US has the highest rising rates of HIV infection of any industrialized nation? Keeping prostitution illegal is literally going to kill millions of people who just made a mistake in life, they followed their natural instincts when women's games were played just a bit too much.

We can even go so far as to regulate prostitutes with STDs and put them in categories so Johns with STDs can mix with them and not the clean ones.

The street walker class would be pretty much eliminated by default. No, illegal prostitution is a horrid horrid injustice indeed and it must change soon.

Oh one more thing, why is prostitution always compared to drugs? Since when is the natural urge for sex even close to the same thing as using a mind altering substance that will kill you and destroy all of your relationships? Prostitution is just paid for sex, simple, and if you aren't pushing your religion down people's throats you might see it. People want sex naturally, it is human, it is like eating but going without won't kill you it will just drive you crazy and make you incredibly unhappy. To pay for it if you can't get it elsewhere is perfectly logical and I think people who service other's needs are wonderful people, they help people in need. Screw society if it is too pompous to look past it's smessed up idea of moral standards which are mostly dictated from religious scriptures that could have well been altered by scribes who answered to politicians in history seeking to control people through shame. Or perhaps this is still conforming to socialogical laws put in place out of ignorance by archaic people who discovered the consequences of long term polygamous activity. The sexually transmitted disease would be completely confusing to a bronze age citizen for example, and would quickly be called the wrath of an angry God, thus making sex a sin. Especially prostitution.

But did you guys think of that? I guess not, and it is sad that more people don't.

/rant (sorry it is late, I haven't had a lot of sleep because I have been working a lot but I wanted to tear into this topic)

Last edited by endprohibitions; 12-12-2009 at 03:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 03:12 AM

190 posts, read 210,450 times
Prostitution is legal in 2 states in the U.S. and is not considered a federal crime at all.

Nevada (not all counties)
Rhode Island (with provisions)

Both have legalized prostitution. Any efforts on this front are addressed at the state level.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:14 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The only restriction I would like to see kept would be a law against solicitation on the streets. Arranging meetings with clients over the phone or over the internet and meeting in a private home or hotel room should be legal.
+1...streetwalkers should remain illegal.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
Why?? Because many of these "men" are married, why should they get a free pass here? This is not a victimless crime when married men are involved since wife and kids are usually involved. Consenting is a faulty argument here. Fortunately, it won't be legalized any time soon, so the loser men out there can always be scared of arrest for this. YAY!!!

(waiting for the usual hate responses about me being against sex etc.)

I spent a few years as a single middle aged male. I think you'd be disturbed by the number of married women that I was involved with (I didn't know at the time).

It isn't just a guy thing.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:23 AM

366 posts, read 297,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am for it as well. You cannot tell me what to do with my body.
+1.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Will the prostitutes have medicare coverage by their employers ?
Whether or not the public would like to hear it if prostitutes were given free health care can regulated from such there would be a decrease in tax payer spending from clinics.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:29 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,888,747 times
I've never used a hooker and don't ever intend to. But 150 years or so ago in places like Kansas City, Tombstone, etc, they had brothel inspectors as an official job in town. They made sure the women were treated well, healthy and that no one was cheated by them or on their drinks. Bring it back.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:13 AM

107 posts, read 402,738 times
Legalize it, regulate it and tax the bujeebus out of it.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:03 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
TheCaliforniaBear;Wake up. Prostitution is everywhere in America.......
And nowhere is it practiced more than in the White House and US Capitol building.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:33 AM

100 posts, read 331,697 times
Allow everything! Keep the government out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies