Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2009, 11:29 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,353,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Most black women would probably prefer to be with black men if they can find one. If they can't, they might settle for a white guy but the white guy would have to be sort of a hip cool cat and be well endowed in certain things. They don't want just any average dorkey white guy.
er, are you a black woman? b/c I am and have no real preference. and since I'm a bit of a geek myself, I wouldn't mind another geek/nerd/dork. it's so hard finding a black dude that loves Lord of the Rings, fantasy role playing games, and comics as much as I do! not to say they don't exist, but the majority of guys at the average comic con are white and dorky. and of course, I'm not so superficial that I gravitate towards a specific race or guy just b/c of looks and penis size (not to say those things don't come to mind, just saying they're not the most important things I'm looking for)

there are a few insecure black women who may lament the fact that some black dude passed them over for a white girl, but it could be b/c they have some undesirable traits that may make them appealing to all guys or simply the black guy had more in common w/ that white girl. and even if a black guy prefers white girls, who cares? it doesn't bother me one bit to see a white girl with a black guy; in fact, one of my SILs is white and no one in my family has any issue w/ her

Old 12-12-2009, 11:45 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,115,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
er, are you a black woman? b/c I am and have no real preference. and since I'm a bit of a geek myself, I wouldn't mind another geek/nerd/dork. it's so hard finding a black dude that loves Lord of the Rings, fantasy role playing games, and comics as much as I do! not to say they don't exist, but the majority of guys at the average comic con are white and dorky. and of course, I'm not so superficial that I gravitate towards a specific race or guy just b/c of looks and penis size (not to say those things don't come to mind, just saying they're not the most important things I'm looking for)

there are a few insecure black women who may lament the fact that some black dude passed them over for a white girl, but it could be b/c they have some undesirable traits that may make them appealing to all guys or simply the black guy had more in common w/ that white girl. and even if a black guy prefers white girls, who cares? it doesn't bother me one bit to see a white girl with a black guy; in fact, one of my SILs is white and no one in my family has any issue w/ her
LOL. You need to meet my grandson. He designs graphics for computer games, etc. He also loves RPGs and LOTR. He is 24, sweet as can be. Oh, and he is black (or bi-racial if you want to be technical.)

Old 12-13-2009, 12:01 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,640,879 times
I don't oppose it for anyone else or really care about anyone else's decisions.

I personally would never consider it and would not really be pleased if my daughter chose that path.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:00 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,061,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I don't oppose it for anyone else or really care about anyone else's decisions.

I personally would never consider it and would not really be pleased if my daughter chose that path.
Glad I don't live on the East Coast.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:53 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Most of us on the East Coast don't have the same views he does. I'm on Long Island, have several friends in interracial relationships, others who are bi-racial and no one bats an eye.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Actually, most of the Northeast would likely disagree with my views. Just another reason why I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:53 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,061,726 times
Quote:
Actually, most of the Northeast would likely disagree with my views. Just another reason why I can't wait to get the hell out of here.
The majority of the west coast would disagree too.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:18 AM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Quote:
Want to find a place more racist don't you?

Old 12-13-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Want to find a place more racist don't you?

Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.

Having a dating preference and caring about your own heritage does not make one a "racist".

What a predictable cry from Long Island.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:59 AM

Quote:
The majority of the west coast would disagree too.
I have no desire to ever live in California, Washington, or Oregon. The scenery is great, but the politics are loopy (particularly in northern California and the Portland metro)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies