Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 08:07 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times

Advertisements

Isn't funny how repugs whine over a normal presidential vacation but fully approve of the trillions spent killing and mutilating people in Iraq and Afghanistan....how warped....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 08:09 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Isn't funny how repugs whine over a normal presidential vacation but fully approve of the trillions spent killing and mutilating people in Iraq and Afghanistan....how warped....
The same wars that Obama and numerous other democrats approve of?
Will you take them task next?

Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Do you approve of or resent his luxurious $4K/day vacation digs in Hawaii?
Sure. Everyone has to deal with global climate "change" with however they want to. I mean if you were surrounded by by almost 2 feet of snow what would you wanna do? I'd want to go to Hawaii too! It's going to be a brisk 78-80°F there tomorrow.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:13 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why do you care where he spends Christmas? Ron Paul is a grandstander.
I am going to have to agree with Southward Bound on this one. Ron Paul is hardly a grandstander. They say he is so thin because he refuses to let special interest buy his lunch. While humorous, he has proven this over the course of a long career and more often even contrary to many in his own party. I mean the guy wears black tennis shoes and brings a sack lunch to work for petes sake.

While unlike many here, I oppose Obama on many subjects but do agree with a few, and I refuse to stoop to this silliness over his vacation. As I said in this previous post:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/12150475-post32.html

I'll wish the President a Merry Christmas and a happy vacation, and when he returns then we can resume our usual jousting, but I for one will give the guy a vacation at least.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
The same wars that Obama and numerous other democrats approve of?
Will you take them task next?
Obama did not approve of invading Iraq....so lies won't change my mind nor my post.

The FACT remains that repugs ENJOY and APPROVE of the money spent on this fiasco STARTED by the Cheney/Bush administration.

Their priorities are so screwed.....

Old 12-24-2009, 08:16 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Do you approve of or resent his luxurious $4K/day vacation digs in Hawaii?
I am an heavy anti Obama person. He does have a right to Christmas wiht his family.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:18 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Last I saw, no one was controlling me. Why is it the big bad government is controlling you I wonder? And Ron Paul...yes, it would be fun to see what exactly Ron Paul would stick to when he actually would become president, wouldn't it?
Don't you pay income tax? That is government controlling you. Don't you pay a zillion other taxes you have no control over for services that don't benefit you in the least? Just look at your phone bill. 15% of your phone bill are extra taxes! Don't you have to let yourself be searched at the airport if any staffer there feels like searching you for no reason at all? That is the government controlling/harassing you.

In Massachusetts, people have been forced to take a toxic swine flu vaccine and the Government has given the pharmeceutical companies full immunity from any side effects. That is the government controlling them.

Are you at risk of getting a ticket if you don't wear your seat belt (which if you do or not has no bearing on anyone else)? That is the government controlling you.

Now with the Patriot Act, the government can come in and ransack your house without a real warrant; kidnap you and put you in a detention center because they think you might have ties to a terrorist. Even if they are completely wrong. This happened not too long ago to an innocent teenager in North Carolina whose IP address was stolen and used to send out fake bomb threat emails. Furthermore if this happens, you aren't allowed to tell anyone it happened to you or try to defend yourself. There is no longer anything like "innocent until proven guilty" under The Patriot Act. Why don't you do yourself a favor and read it?

There are MANY MANY ways the government controls you and spies on you and the list is getting longer and longer by the minute. This year in fact Congress under this Administration wanted to pass strict "Food Safety" farm bills(which are nothing about food safety -- in fact just the opposite) that could make organic farming in your own back yard ILLEGAL. How would THAT be for the government controlling you? Would you be A-O-K with you if the government wouldn't allow you to grow your own healthy food on your own property?????

Remember the Federal Government according to the Constitution is supposed to have a small role in our lives - not control every facet of our private lives like our current Federal Government is obviously trying to do.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
You don't GET IT do you? It is no longer about Republicans and Democrats. Most of the critics of Obama are or were also critics of Bush. I know I am. Democrats are usually anti-war and Obama promised he'd bring our troops home--which I'd certainly be in favor of. The wars we are in are stupid, unwinable and too expensive and aren't worth wasting a single American life over. But what has he done instead? He is now sending an ADDITIONAL 30,000 troops over there!!!

It is more basic than that. BOTH recent Republican and Democrat leaders have been awful for this country. Those who CARE about this country and restoration of the Constitutional rights and freedoms are disgusted with both parties! Neither have improved anything about this country in any way shape or form since Reagan left office. If we were smart we would have voted for Ross Perot, an Independent, back in the 80's who was against NAFTA --which as we now see lead to the loss of jobs in this country and all the illegal immigration and the problems associated with that. I think it is safe to say, our country would be on a very different path (a much better one heading uphill not downhill like we are on now) right now if Ross Perot had been elected.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:45 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You don't GET IT do you? It is no longer about Republicans and Democrats. Most of the critics of Obama are or were also critics of Bush. I know I am. Democrats are usually anti-war and Obama promised he'd bring our troops home--which I'd certainly be in favor of. The wars we are in are stupid, unwinable and too expensive and aren't worth wasting a single American life over. But what has he done instead? He is now sending an ADDITIONAL 30,000 troops over there!!!

It is more basic than that. BOTH recent Republican and Democrat leaders have been awful for this country. Those who CARE about this country and restoration of the Constitutional rights and freedoms are disgusted with both parties! Neither have improved anything about this country in any way shape or form since Reagan left office. If we were smart we would have voted for Ross Perot, an Independent, back in the 80's who was against NAFTA --which as we now see lead to the loss of jobs in this country and all the illegal immigration and the problems associated with that. I think it is safe to say, our country would be on a very different path (a much better one heading uphill not downhill like we are on now) right now if Ross Perot had been elected.
If it wouldn't get me an infraction, I'd name names of those who still support Bush and his whacked policies, who are extreme critics of Obama.

Ross Perot would have immediately been in over his head. All he had was cutesy little sayings.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:47 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
If it wouldn't get me an infraction, I'd name names of those who still support Bush and his whacked policies, who are extreme critics of Obama.

Ross Perot would have immediately been in over his head. All he had was cutesy little sayings.
The word "change" uttered by an elite lawyer comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies