Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It would be cheaper for us (the taxpayers footing the bill) if his family came to the White House rather then us paying for umpteen secret service people, Michelle Obama's 30 assistants and Airforce 1 transporting everyone to Hawaii.

The President should realize we are facing hard times and NOT take advantage of our tax dollars for recreational purposes. If he was paying for this trip with personal funds entirely, then of course, he can go where he pleases.

President Obama, if ANY elected official should, should adopt the responsible fiscal posture that Congressman Ron Paul has always had which is to not spend a penny of the taxpayers' money unless it is absolutely necessary.
What a joke! You think those people could descend on DC w/o the cost of the security?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:59 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
And do you think WE would be better off financially if he stayed home for Christmas? It's a serious question and you really should think about it before saying "yes".
Why doesn't he WANT to stay at the White House for Christmas? If it was your first year as President wouldn't you want to stay in one of the most gorgeous residences in the country?

I think we would all be better off finanically if he, and other government elites would STOP their traveling the globe and start doing business like most of the private sector does via Webinars and the telephone and internet. At least it would show a little respect to us taxpayers( who after all the President is supposed to be serving -- NOT the other way around). And YES I think we would all be a lot better off if the fancy travel ended along with all the new and totally unnecessary government programs designed with one purpose in mind-- to control the American people and to separate them from their money. Isn't this the president that is expecting us to foot the bill for global warming? If so, you'd think he might not further hurt the environoment with caravaans of SUV's and jet fuel exhaust that is emitted every time he goes on one of his trips. If he really practiced what he preached he'd be walking or taking public transportation.

Every president beginning with the current one, should follow Congressman Ron Paul's example of complete fiscal responsibility. He never even uses his entire budget. President Obama should be at least as conscientious about his spending our tax dollars as that, if not MORE so, considering the worsening deficit, worsening unemployment, worsening housing market-- like we haven't seen since the GREAT DEPRESION!

Last edited by emilybh; 12-23-2009 at 09:07 PM..

Old 12-23-2009, 09:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Why doesn't he WANT to stay at the White House for Christmas? If it was your first year as President wouldn't you want to stay in one of the mosst gorgeous residences in the country?

I think we would all be better off finanically if he, and other government elites would STOP their traveling the globe and start doing business like most of the private sector does via Webinars and the telephone and internet. At least it would show a little respect to us taxpayers( who after all the President is supposed to be serving -- NOT the other way around). And YES I think we would all be a lot better off if the fancy travel ended along with all the new and totally unnecessary government programs designed with one purpose in mind-- to control the American people and to separate them from their money. Every president beginning with the current one, should follow Congressman Ron Paul's example of complete fiscal responsibility. He never even uses his entire budget. President Obama should be at least as conscientious about his spending our tax dollars as that.
Why do you care where he spends Christmas? Ron Paul is a grandstander.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:03 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times
Quote:
Why doesn't he WANT to stay at the White House for Christmas? If it was your first year as President wouldn't you want to stay in one of the mosst gorgeous residences in the country?

I think we would all be better off finanically if he, and other government elites would STOP their traveling the globe and start doing business like most of the private sector does via Webinars and the telephone and internet. At least it would show a little respect to us taxpayers( who after all the President is supposed to be serving -- NOT the other way around). And YES I think we would all be a lot better off if the fancy travel ended along with all the new and totally unnecessary government programs designed with one purpose in mind-- to control the American people and to separate them from their money. Every president beginning with the current one, should follow Congressman Ron Paul's example of complete fiscal responsibility. He never even uses his entire budget. President Obama should be at least as conscientious about his spending our tax dollars as that.
Last I saw, no one was controlling me. Why is it the big bad government is controlling you I wonder? And Ron Paul...yes, it would be fun to see what exactly Ron Paul would stick to when he actually would become president, wouldn't it?

Old 12-23-2009, 10:48 PM

221 posts, read 228,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
You sure about that?

Afghanistan escalation
No attempt to overturn "don't ask don't tell"
No attempt to overturn defense of marriage act
No real support for a public option (I never campaigned on that)
No closing of Gitmo
Fought release of torture photos
TARP

Seems pretty Republican to me.
I know!

Old 12-23-2009, 11:04 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
As long as he is paying for this out of his own pocket and not the taxpayer's I couldn't care less. The further he is away from D.C. the better. I suspect the Secret Service on his detail will enjoy the warm weather as well.

Let him keep jetting about and spending money. Each unneccessary trip serves as another example of his elitist hypocrisy when it comes to his arguments about "climate change" and wasteful spending.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:49 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Why do you care where he spends Christmas? Ron Paul is a grandstander.
He is a fiscally responsible grandstander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Last I saw, no one was controlling me. Why is it the big bad government is controlling you I wonder? And Ron Paul...yes, it would be fun to see what exactly Ron Paul would stick to when he actually would become president, wouldn't it?
Yes, it would be fun to see Ron Paul as President. The office needs a smart man.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Do you approve of or resent his luxurious $4K/day vacation digs in Hawaii?

I approve!

Enjoy a peaceful, restful vacation with your family, Mr President.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Did YOU?
I'm not whining now or then, however you are.
Sorry you have a black, democratic for president.
Get over it.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:50 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Ron Paul has a 30 year PROVEN TRACK RECORD of not just talking the talk. HE ACTUALLY WALKS THE WALK. So I would expect he would stick to just about everything just as he has year after year as a Congressman.

President Obama on the other hand is the first President we've ever had who so BLATENTLY does just the opposite of what he promises. For starters, he took an oath to uphold the Constitution.

He promised transparency and the ability of Americans to be able to review for one week every bill being considered for passage by Congress. What has he done instead? His administration has forced through Congress a COMPLETELY UNCONSTITUTIONAL health care bill that forces us to buy health insurance. And not only was it not made available to Americans to read and scruitinize, the only way it would pass was for futher provisions of the Constitutions to be broken such as the law of uniformity--that all federal taxes are the same for all states yet Nevada worked out a deal so 49 states will have to pay for Medicare for Nevada residents and Nevada doesn't have to pay a DIME. This unconstitutional deal was the only way the Nevada Senator would vote in favor of the bill.

Don't tell me you "supporters" of the President are OK with not following the Constitution. If Obama can make you buy healthcare. What else can he force you to buy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies