Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 12:02 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Ditto that. It's a freaking CARTOON and they get their panties all up in a wad over it to put it mildly. More and more I'm beginning to think that this so-called religion of peace is just not compatible with the rest of the world AT ALL. It's bad enough the things they do to each other in the name of Islam in their own countries, but now they export their extremism worldwide.

Don't get me wrong, if I was a bumper sticker kind of person, I would get that COEXIST bumper sticker and display it proudly. I have serious issues with the Muslim religion however. Not only the fact that it was founded by a pedophile who married a 6 year old and had sex with her when she was 9. Oh, and he was also a polygamous freak. How many wives did he have total? Some prophet.

I feel badly for the artist that drew the cartoons. He must live in fear daily because of the whacko muslim idiots hell bent on killing him over a cartoon. Muslims are a$$ backward.
I KNOW! I agree. He was a sick polygamist pedophile. Which other religion prophets have done that? Seriously. Ewwww. Disgusting. And Muslims justify him marrying more than 3 or 4 women by saying he loved them equally. Get real man. Get real.

That artist should NOT live in fear in HIS OWN COUNTRY! DENMARK! I can see if this happened in the Middle East but not Denmark. How come the Muslims get all upset when someone simply names their Teddy Bear Muhammed or draws a cartoon but have no problem blowing up a BEAUTIFUL artistic Buddha?

http://www.spiegel.de/img/0,1020,1012565,00.jpg

They blew this up just like how they blow everyone else up. **** that. Muslims stay quiet when other Muslims do this crap but then all wanna fight when we draw a simple cartoon?

Get the **** out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 06:53 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Agh.

So it is not ok to make a picture of Muhammed but it is ok to rip up Bibles/pictures of Christ and blow up figurines of the Buddha like in the Middle East?

Get real. And besides, what the artist drew wasn't a lie after all. We all know the differences between Jesus Christ and Muhammed. Jesus Christ loved and taught to never hate your enemies. Jesus Christ did not marry and was pure sexually. Meanwhile Muhammed was a sick pedophile who loved war and wanted to kill the infidels and loved little girls like Aisha. SICK!

Learn to laugh it off Muslims. People make fun of Christ, the Buddha, Krishna and more EVERYDAY. Your precious Muhammed is not anymore special and off limits. In our countries, we believe in Freedom of Speech! Don't like it, bye! You think drawing pictures of Muhammed with a bomb like cartoon is horrible yet you want us to think you are the religion of pece? Well don't FURTHER PROVE us right by trying to kill more people, "religion of peace".
Yes yes yes! Tried to rep you.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:48 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Well, for the sake of argument, lets assume they can't keep guns in their homes. Your follow-up question - "Do happy people need guns?" - is an irony in itself. Happy people and crime are unrelated. If the Dutch aren't allowed to keep guns, then this is simply more evidence of a flawed policy. I'm a very happy person, but I also own guns. And i'd shoot anyone attempting to break into my house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Of course, now that his safe-room has been revealed it increases the likelyhood of the next attempt being successful. Still too close of a call, IMO. The Dutch police need some firearms training. If the "system worked" so well how did this jihaddist Somali get inside the house???
Residents of Denmark are not Dutch, they are Danes. The attacker did not get into the house, he was shot as he was trying to break into it, lifelongMOgal.

(From the link)

A Somali man with ties to al-Qaeda was shot as he broke into the home of Kurt Westergaard, the Danish cartoonist who depicted Islam’s prophet Mohammed, in a “terror-related” act, the Danish Security and Intelligence Service said.

Old 01-02-2010, 10:53 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,012,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Unarmed happy people are sitting ducks.

Unarmed unhappy people are more dangerous.

Armed unhappy people are probably even more dangerous.
LMAO!!!!

I love this example of "reasoning"
rep to you ergo, since C-D would rather I spread it around more before I can give you any!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:02 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
LMAO!!!!

I love this example of "reasoning"
rep to you ergo, since C-D would rather I spread it around more before I can give you any!
Thanks, I haven't forgotten D*ck Cheney upon receiving disagreeable advice from his attorney friend.

I can't recall whether or not the lawyer was armed, though.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:10 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Residents of Denmark are not Dutch, they are Danes. The attacker did not get into the house, he was shot as he was trying to break into it, lifelongMOgal.

(From the link)

A Somali man with ties to al-Qaeda was shot as he broke into the home of Kurt Westergaard, the Danish cartoonist who depicted Islam’s prophet Mohammed, in a “terror-related†act, the Danish Security and Intelligence Service said.
Uh-oh, the internet police have arrived.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Uh-oh, the internet police have arrived.
Say what you will, I think if one is going to discuss this issue, they ought to know what they're talking about.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:57 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Say what you will, I think if one is going to discuss this issue, they ought to know what they're talking about.
Agreed, but I'm not sure how saying Danish instead of Dutch really detracts from the debate or discussion. Or quibbling over the fact that he was shot while in the process of breaking into the man's home vs. having already entered. I guess I choose to overlook the inconsequential and focus on the bigger picture.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:02 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,503 times
Default Somali charged in attack on Danish cartoonist

In honor of Mr. Kurt Westergaard I repost his and another's pictures.

Somali charged in attack on Danish cartoonist - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100102/ap_on_re_eu/eu_denmark_cartoonist - broken link)

Old 01-02-2010, 02:48 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,503 times
The "true Muslim" was not AQ linked. Check my post and link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies