Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:15 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Once you've seen one Muslim you've seen them all, huh? It was the Taliban who did that, so why not quarrel with them? Why antagonize the vast majority of the world's Muslims? Most of which who disagree with the Taliban?

What this thread is really boiling don to is yet another in a line of ant-Muslim threads where a bunch of know nothings yammer on about ideas that they don't understand and a religion that is beyond them. As I've said in a previous post; just because you might live a vacuous and meaningless life devoid of anything sacred doesn't mean that the rest of the world has to also. Your deficiencies are your own, stop projecting them onto Muslims.
The point is, just because you hold something sacred, it doesn't mean others have to respect it. Its a big world out there with many people with many different beliefs. No need to get all butthurt because someone drew a cartoon.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 11:20 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,576,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Yes. Do as I say, not as I do.

I wrote about that in my previous post but EXCELLENT picture. That was REAL ART regardless of if you are Buddhist or not.

They just blow it up. The best part? The moderate Muslims did not say a thing about BEAUTIFUL ART being blown up!

Old 01-02-2010, 11:37 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,651 times
Quote:
The point is, just because you hold something sacred, it doesn't mean others have to respect it. Its a big world out there with many people with many different beliefs. No need to get all butthurt because someone drew a cartoon.
Thanks for making my point.

The very fact that you could right a post relegating the sacred to a position of relative unimportance where someone should merely "get over' the insults and denigrative conduct directed towards the sacred, simply shows that you truly live a vacuous and meaningless life. It's obvious that there is nothing in your life that you hold sacred. There may be things that are important, but nothing that is sacred.

And perhaps this is the reason for all the anti-Muslim hatred seen on these boards. Jealousy.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:44 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
They just blow it up. The best part? The moderate Muslims did not say a thing about BEAUTIFUL ART being blown up!
How do you know? You don't. I mean, it's not like you visit any Muslim websites on a regular basis to familiarize yourself with Islam, right? And if you don't do that then how do you know what moderate Muslims advocate and condemn? Where do you get your knowledge about us from? Just wondering.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks for making my point.

The very fact that you could right a post relegating the sacred to a position of relative unimportance where someone should merely "get over' the insults and denigrative conduct directed towards the sacred, simply shows that you truly live a vacuous and meaningless life. It's obvious that there is nothing in your life that you hold sacred. There may be things that are important, but nothing that is sacred.

And perhaps this is the reason for all the anti-Muslim hatred seen on these boards. Jealousy.

Jealousy? Thanks for the laugh.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:05 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Jealousy? Thanks for the laugh.
Doesnt make sense, huh? Now you see how "we" feel when you all say that because we cant stand Sarah Palin, that means we must be jealous of her. Bewildered, and kind of sickened.

Trust me, it's exactly the same feeling.

Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
^^^Right on!

Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Doesnt make sense, huh? Now you see how "we" feel when you all say that because we cant stand Sarah Palin, that means we must be jealous of her. Bewildered, and kind of sickened.

Trust me, it's exactly the same feeling.
Hate to burst your bubble but I'm not a fan of Palin either. Don't see how those that don't like her would be jealous of her either. (unless you're butt ugly and despise good looking people)

Old 01-03-2010, 09:10 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Hate to burst your bubble but I'm not a fan of Palin either. Don't see how those that don't like her would be jealous of her either. (unless you're butt ugly and despise good looking people)
The point remains, numerous people on this board turn criticism of Palin into "you're just jealous of her". Most of us are not. We just don't like her.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:28 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Quote:
Just because there is nothing that you hold sacred doesn't mean that other people have to live such vacuous lives as you do. Muslims hold Muhammad as someone who is sacred, for 1.5 billion Muslims in the world he is revered and graphic depictions of him whether positive or negative are strictly forbidden and they ask that you respect that. Why is it so hard for you to respect another persons wishes? Why do you desire to heap ridicule and scorn upon something that so many people in the world hold sacred?
This Muhammad? "...the importance of Mohammed the prophet. His behavior is an example to all Muslims and cannot be criticized. Now, if Mohammed had been a man of peace, let us say like Ghandi and Mother Theresa wrapped in one, there would be no problem. But Mohammed was a warlord, a mass murderer, a pedophile, and had several marriages (11 wives)- at the same time. Islamic tradition tells us how he fought in battles, how he had his enemies murdered and even had prisoners of war executed. Mohammed himself slaughtered the Jewish tribe of Banu Qurayza. If it is good for Islam, it is good. If it is bad for Islam, it is bad." A polygamous pedophile warlord. Maybe I will respect your religion when we start seeing signs that muslims respect the sanctity of others' religions. Muslims have no problem burning bibles, denigrating effigies of Jesus, blowing up sacred Buddhist statues, but then go on murderous rampages when someone draws a CARTOON of their beloved Muhammad? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. The outcry over those cartoons dwarfed the outcry over 9/11. And last I checked, the Taliban ARE muslim.

Quote:
The suicide bombers have nothing whatsoever to do with the religion of Islam. Those are actions motivated by politics not religion. You would know this if you had any sense of historical context.
You cannot separate the religion of Islam from it's political ideology because it IS a political ideology as well. "Islam is a system that lays down detailed rules for society and the life of every person. Islam wants to dictate every aspect of life. Islam means 'submission'. Islam is not compatible with freedom and democracy, because what it strives for is sharia"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies