Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 02:50 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times

Advertisements

Duplicate thread: Al-Qaeda-Linked Man Shot by Police in Home of Danish Cartoonist

Don't xians get all bent out of shape when they don't like what's said about them?
They whine about movies, books, etc.
What's the difference?
Some even kill doctors for doing something that they don't like.

So really, what's the difference between the taliban and xians?
Not much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2010, 02:56 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Duplicate thread: Al-Qaeda-Linked Man Shot by Police in Home of Danish Cartoonist

Don't xians get all bent out of shape when they don't like what's said about them?
What's the difference?

Not much.
Yeah, I did jump the gun a bit but the original OP listed Bloomberg, I listed AP. AP says NO AQ connection. I'll listen to AP. I think others' are too apt to using an "AQ connection" to everything a Muslim says or does.

Old 01-02-2010, 03:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Agreed, but I'm not sure how saying Danish instead of Dutch really detracts from the debate or discussion. Or quibbling over the fact that he was shot while in the process of breaking into the man's home vs. having already entered. I guess I choose to overlook the inconsequential and focus on the bigger picture.
Bully for you. A poster asked "If the system worked so well how did this jihaddist Somali get inside the house???" The fact is, he did not get inside the house, and that is not inconsequential. He was shot attempting to get into the house. A home invasion is far more serious than an attempted home invasion.

Old 01-02-2010, 05:45 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,682,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Agh.

So it is not ok to make a picture of Muhammed but it is ok to rip up Bibles/pictures of Christ and blow up figurines of the Buddha like in the Middle East?

Get real. And besides, what the artist drew wasn't a lie after all. We all know the differences between Jesus Christ and Muhammed. Jesus Christ loved and taught to never hate your enemies. Jesus Christ did not marry and was pure sexually. Meanwhile Muhammed was a sick pedophile who loved war and wanted to kill the infidels and loved little girls like Aisha. SICK!

Learn to laugh it off Muslims. People make fun of Christ, the Buddha, Krishna and more EVERYDAY. Your precious Muhammed is not anymore special and off limits. In our countries, we believe in Freedom of Speech! Don't like it, bye! You think drawing pictures of Muhammed with a bomb like cartoon is horrible yet you want us to think you are the religion of pece? Well don't FURTHER PROVE us right by trying to kill more people, "religion of peace".
I think it goes to show there is something seriously wrong going on with that religion when they riot and kill 50 locals over a Danish cartoon. Bizarre and stupid.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:39 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,164,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
How dare you disagree with obama. they are a peaceful people. obama even said America was a muslim country.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

What's the difference?

Not much.
And here she comes to save the day! Never afraid to make an excuse for ANYONE.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:45 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Bully for you. A poster asked "If the system worked so well how did this jihaddist Somali get inside the house???" The fact is, he did not get inside the house, and that is not inconsequential. He was shot attempting to get into the house. A home invasion is far more serious than an attempted home invasion.
Yes, I wrote that. I had read it in another story than the one linked. Since then I have read that the entry attempt was not successful. It was still too close of a call, IMO. I stand by my statement about the police who shot the failed invader intent upon murder as needing more firearms training.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:49 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Close call indeed.

Religion of peace.......bull feathers.
Sounds like the tour guide for my trip to the Pyramids, she says "Cairo is the most beautiful city in all Islam" and I look out the bus windows at the absolute slums. It looked like a disaster area, half the buildings were crumbling, with thirty story high rises, which looked as if they had not been repaired since the Yom Kippur War in '73. The people were wearing filthy white robes and living in terrible slums. I guess if you repeat it long enough to yourself, you can convince your self of any thing.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:54 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Sounds like the tour guide for my trip to the Pyramids, she says "Cairo is the most beautiful city in all Islam" and I look out the bus windows at the absolute slums. It looked like a disaster area, half the buildings were crumbling, with thirty story high rises, which looked as if they had not been repaired since the Yom Kippur War in '73. The people were wearing filthy white robes and living in terrible slums. I guess if you repeat it long enough to yourself, you can convince your self of any thing.
Good thing the US provides them $2B in aid. Makes you wonder where that money is going.

Old 01-02-2010, 09:01 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Not to mention all the pickpockets, beggers and thieves that surround the pyramids. Our tour guide took us to the tomb of Anwar Sadat. She told us he won the war against Israel. The entire bus was filled with US Navy sailors,...including officers who graduated from the Naval Academy. Those who studied military history were snickering at her remark. One even said, "that'd be the first military victory in which the victor hands over land to the defeated."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies