Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 05:25 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,212,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
<snip>It would be easy to put this to bed but rather than release his VBC he has lawyers blocking every move to get any information.
His lawyers aren't blocking anything, by Hawaiian law birth records can only be released
to people with “a direct and tangible” interest in them, that doesn't include curious birthers.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:27 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,102,670 times
Quote:
It would be easy to put this to bed but rather than release his VBC he has lawyers blocking every move to get any information.
No longer an option. Lakin doesn't get a do over.

His crimes are already past tense.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:30 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,196,552 times
Quote:
It would be a lot easier to respond if you used the quoting function. It's not that hard.
Sorry, I was only thinking of myself and should have considered how you feel.

Quote:
There is none. I just said that. "Rationale" demands actual reasoning. Lakin has done anything but think this through reasonably.
In your opinion unless you can point out who gave you the authority to be a know all.

Quote:
I already just gave you at least three solid possibilities. Do you really need more?
Yes but which applied to that post. Three is a bit ambiguous.

Quote:
Excuse me? You are the one who made such a point over "ignorant" and "stupid" meaning two different things, and I merely agreed with you and made my case for his being "stupid." For your accusation that I'm "arguing over semantics" to be any more ironic, you would probably have to actually rust.
Yes, I made my point but am not willing to argue semantics, to do so is stupid. At my age I am sure there is lots of rust.
Quote:
I said exactly nothing about my intelligence or my decorations. I merely pointed out that your assessment of Lakins education and decorations were (more irony here) derived from ignorance regarding both. (You may consider it semantics, but I did not just call you stupid. See how that works?)
Sometimes reading between the lines is enough to get the thought process of the author. By the way...I never mentioned his education or decorations before you, only his years of service. Maybe some self deprecation and reading comprehension lessons would help but, you would have to be willing to improve yourself for it to actually help. You see stepping on others to raise yourself up puts you on poor footing.

Quote:
As to my ego or intellectual superiority over Lakin, I will only point out the following distinction between us. And yes it is a prediction that I look forward to talking about with you again once the prediction is fulfilled.

In another 12 months, Lakin will be in Leavenworth Prison, and I will not.
I hope you are wrong but if not, it will not change my opinion of him or you.

Quote:
I'm not all that worried about impressing you. My Congressman had enough confidence in my judgment to nominate me for West Point. The President of the United States had enough confidence in my judgment to commission me as an officer in the US Army. The Army had enough confidence in my judgment to make me a Jumpmaster and give me command of an Airborne Artillery Battery. I was considered to have enough judgment to sit on several courts martial where my actual job was to judge fellow servicemen.

Was it your job to decide if they were stupid or ignorant, or was it your job to decide if they were guilty or innocent?

So... I'm not going to take your rejection personally.
Congratulations sir, if only they could have taught you some humility...

Quote:
Throwing yourself on a grenade to save one's fellows is certainly heroic.

Shooting yourself in the head while sitting in the barracks is stupid.
What if shooting himself in the head while sitting in the barracks was in his mind, the same thing, only a different battle field?

I am not saying he is making IMHO a wise choice but, it is his choice and I understand why he is doing it and I respect his decision. To me...he is a hero as I see this as a selfless act. I also do not read where he has touted his service in any way...

Last edited by TRUEGRITT; 05-13-2010 at 06:51 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
No longer an option. Lakin doesn't get a do over.

His crimes are already past tense.
But he has not been tried yet. Are the military courts kangaroo courts or does there need to be a court martial before being found guilty or innocent. If I were his lawyer, I would recuse you as a jury member, your mind is made up and that is not how it is supposed to be...

I will stick by there being no court martial. The first hearing, after already being delayed once, is on the 11th of next month unless it gets delayed again, and again....

Old 05-13-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
His lawyers aren't blocking anything, by Hawaiian law birth records can only be released
to people with “a direct and tangible” interest in them, that doesn't include curious birthers.
If his lawyers are not blocking anything then why does he need them?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:05 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,330,625 times
Quote:
Anyone being sued needs a lawyer. That isn't an admission or indication of guilt what so ever just because someone uses a lawyer to defend themselves against frivolous lawsuits.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 05-13-2010 at 08:27 PM..

Old 05-13-2010, 09:39 PM

229 posts, read 241,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Bush's school records were not released. They were hacked and leaked. Before that, I can't remember a single presidential candidate ever being asked to prove they went to such and such college or university beyond having those colleges or universities publicly acknowledge those candidates as past graduates---which all have done in Obama's case. It's simply unrealistic and unfair not to accept the written and posted confirmations from the administrators of Occidental, Columbia and Harvard Law on Obama's history there as a student. Wanting papers he wrote as a student, grades and financial records as proof that he attended those colleges and universities is intrusive at best and insulting at worse and totally irrelevant to whether or not he's eligibility to serve as president under the constitutional requirements.
Bush's transcripts were first published by the New Yorker Magazine in 1999.

The fact they hacked his records when they could have got them from the NYorker Magazine. They had to hack Kerry's because he never released them.

So don't let the fact that Bush's records were hacked "after" they were released to the New Yorker Magazine confuse you.

Nobody argued about brains in 1999 ... with Gore it was ... a tie.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM

229 posts, read 241,679 times
Quote:
The money must be properly laundered before it can be passed on to the "helpers".

Lawyer fee's are great way to spend money "blindly".

Don't turn against the hand or they might find you in a park with a slug in your skull.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:56 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,212,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Anyone being sued needs a lawyer. That isn't an admission or indication of guilt what so ever just because someone uses a lawyer to defend themselves against frivolous lawsuits.
And roy's....I mean TRUEGRITT's tax dollars are paying for Obama's defense since
January 20, 2009, the DOJ is defending him, what a waste of taxpayer dollars
the birthers caused eh!

Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
It would be a lot easier to respond if you used the quoting function. It's not that hard.

There is none. I just said that. "Rationale" demands actual reasoning. Lakin has done anything but think this through reasonably.

I already just gave you at least three solid possibilities. Do you really need more?

Excuse me? You are the one who made such a point over "ignorant" and "stupid" meaning two different things, and I merely agreed with you and made my case for his being "stupid." For your accusation that I'm "arguing over semantics" to be any more ironic, you would probably have to actually rust.

I said exactly nothing about my intelligence or my decorations. I merely pointed out that your assessment of Lakins education and decorations were (more irony here) derived from ignorance regarding both. (You may consider it semantics, but I did not just call you stupid. See how that works?)

As to my ego or intellectual superiority over Lakin, I will only point out the following distinction between us. And yes it is a prediction that I look forward to talking about with you again once the prediction is fulfilled.

In another 12 months, Lakin will be in Leavenworth Prison, and I will not.

I'm not all that worried about impressing you. My Congressman had enough confidence in my judgment to nominate me for West Point. The President of the United States had enough confidence in my judgment to commission me as an officer in the US Army. The Army had enough confidence in my judgment to make me a Jumpmaster and give me command of an Airborne Artillery Battery. I was considered to have enough judgment to sit on several courts martial where my actual job was to judge fellow servicemen.

So... I'm not going to take your rejection personally.

Throwing yourself on a grenade to save one's fellows is certainly heroic.

Shooting yourself in the head while sitting in the barracks is stupid.

Battalion command? brigade? Division? Corps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies