Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 01:09 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,223,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
So did they perform the operation without her consent? That is the only valid question IMO.
Hospital, doctors, CANNOT produce any consent form signed by this woman authorizing them to perform that operaton on her. At this point, it appears there is a question of fact regarding that very issue.

She says she did not give consent. They say they cannot find a signed consent form.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 01:10 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,251,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Hospital, doctors, CANNOT produce any consent form signed by this woman authorizing them to perform that operaton on her. At this point, it appears there is a question of fact regarding that very issue.

She says she did not give consent. They say they cannot find a signed consent form.
people lie.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,922,780 times
Quote:
Ahhh, liberalvoice, spoken like a true hardline Republican.

Stop and think for a minute. How much of YOUR money do you suppose has gone to support that woman? She gets public assistance for TWO children. That's it. TWO children. And she has seven others.

How much of our federal budget goes to welfare and social programs in this country? Btw, MOST of your hardwork tax dollars go to support those rich guys on wall street and the military industrial complex.......
If her mother has some of the minor children wouldn't she be getting some support as well? I doubt this mother is paying her mother child support. So while the tax paypayers (something it sounds like she has never been) are only paying her for two kids, they are most likely paying her mother for the others.

Not sure how I feel about it since it isn't the kids fault and they shouldn't suffer because their mother isn't living a life she can afford on her own. Also, if she has non-hodgkins lymphoma, should she even be reproducing? I don't know enough about it but isn't her body going through enough?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:19 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,361,168 times
well, this case sounds pretty cut and dry to me. Unfortunately this welfare queen is going to get rich. I can't believe the ineptitude of the hospital. Just stupid!

look on the bright side....she won't be on welfare anymore

Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM

14,574 posts, read 23,130,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, and we should find that out so we can give those doctors a big gold star.
Keep that in mind when the doctors give you an unauthorized lobotomy.

Quote:

Then she'll get a ****load of money, and rightfully so.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
people lie.
Yes, they do in fact lie. That's why this "dispute" is now in court. If it goes to a jury, they will determine if the woman is lying about giving consent based on the evidence discovered by the lawyers in this case.

Do not fear for the doctors and the hospital. They will have far beyond excellent representation, and they will make mincemeat out of that woman and her lawyer if this is just a "fraud."

Old 01-07-2010, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Keep that in mind when the doctors give you an unauthorized lobotomy.

Then she'll get a ****load of money, and rightfully so.
"unauthorized lobotomy".........LOL

None of us want a lobotomy.......authorized or unauthorized.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
well, this case sounds pretty cut and dry to me. Unfortunately this welfare queen is going to get rich. I can't believe the ineptitude of the hospital. Just stupid!

look on the bright side....she won't be on welfare anymore
However, is it possible that our health insurance premiums or cost of care will go up because of these types of mistakes by doctors and hospitals?

Possibly welfare would be cheaper.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,344,935 times
Quote:
However, is it possible that our health insurance premiums or cost of care will go up because of these types of mistakes by doctors and hospitals?

Possibly welfare would be cheaper.
Who said it was a mistake on the part of the doctor/hospital? For all we know she wanted the tubal ligation and is now exploiting the fact that the hospital can't find her consent form. Speculation is grand.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
If her mother has some of the minor children wouldn't she be getting some support as well? I doubt this mother is paying her mother child support. So while the tax paypayers (something it sounds like she has never been) are only paying her for two kids, they are most likely paying her mother for the others.

Not sure how I feel about it since it isn't the kids fault and they shouldn't suffer because their mother isn't living a life she can afford on her own. Also, if she has non-hodgkins lymphoma, should she even be reproducing? I don't know enough about it but isn't her body going through enough?
Well, this woman has a life I would certainly not want to be living! And thank the gods that I'm not living.

As for her mother getting public assistance for her three kids, we just simply don't know the answer to that question. Who knows? Maybe her mother has money and that's why she took the kids? Maybe her mother doesn't like her, but cares about her grandchildren.

However, I would think, with the publicity this case is getting, that the BostonHerald would have looked into the queston of whether or not the mother who is supporting three of this woman's children was on public assistance, too, and would have added that to the story as well. More sensational, you know. They were not slanting their story in a favorable light for her. If someone is on public assistance, is that public record?

You know, I can't imagine that this woman will live a LONG life....she's 35, has 9 children, and non-Hodgkins lymphoma ALREADY!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies