Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 10:53 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
Did you not read that one of the many jobs of the US military, is Humanitarian aid; I didn't say Humanitarian Aid is the primary. Even the Navy uses Aid as a way of diplomacy. As you put it, you're just a tool for Washington. One of the many tools that Washington use is diplomacy. Imagine if you will, how the US image would be damage if America sent only a little, or God forbid, no aid at all. Being the world's only Superpower, we have an image to uphold. Part of that image is the use of our military to help the least amongst us.
LOL listen squid to be who actually does not know what a sailor does for real. Did the oath include humanitarian aid? No it did not. Nor does our constitution mention it or being the worlds ambulance.
No I never said that we should not help Haiti. What I said is that we should not be expected to be the the first biggest donor everytime the world has a crisis.
Imagine if you will, oh snap no need to imagine all the billions we have already spent in aid and guess what? We are still the bad guys to at least half the world.
What image as a super power is that? What was the USSR's image? The fact is that money does not buy respect. China was and is viewed by many a country as wonderful. And yet the aid they normally render is quite small compared to what we do. Why are they viewed so highly?
Because they mind their own business. In other words they don't sweat what the world thinks like we do nor do they involve themselves in other peoples business. Thats the diplomacy we need to practice.
But hey little squid when you finally where those dress blues and learn to tie that neckerchief just right you might have gained a clue. Oh remember.
Navy dress blues we iron our creases inverted except for the cape. Stripes 4 fingers from the shoulder seem on left sleeve. Cover (thats a hat) 1 fingers width above the ear 2 fingers width above the brow.
Squid is what most of us sailors called ourselves in the 1980's and early 90's. May have changed since I bowed out. Learn the general orders of a sentry before you go to bootcamp. You will be asked to recite them and if you can't your company will pay the price. Sit ups and flutter kicks. The biggest weapon of torture at boot. Polishing your boots. Do not buy into using a lighter to melt the polish.... Lots of polish tiny swirls. Never fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 12:59 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Oh you mean by blaming someone else. I see that all the time from mature adults. "He did it!!!!" (points)
So now we have three standard wingnut lies:

1. President Obama apologies for America
2. Liberals hate religion.
3. President Obama blames Bush.

It would really be nice to have opponents who can think.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:05 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,278,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
So now we have three standard wingnut lies:

1. President Obama apologies for America
2. Liberals hate religion.
3. President Obama blames Bush.

It would really be nice to have opponents who can think.
Oh yeah. That will happen soon.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:11 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama is a kowtowing sap.
President Obama is 10 times the man you are. And that's an extreme understatement.

Quote:
Bullsh*t. It's not my problem you only watch liberal news who report no news. I am sick of providing research for his sheep. Do you own work. Not only has hussein been an appoligist, he bows down like some coomon servent to the leaders of foreign countries. hussein obama is a joke.
There are no examples on CD of Presdient Obama apologizing to foreign countries. There are only a thousand claims by idiot wingnuts that he does so.

Quote:
As soon as you are done stomping your feet let me know.
Just embarrassing.

Old 01-15-2010, 01:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
CARE :: Defending Dignity, Fighting Poverty

Doctors Without Borders Doctors Without Borders | MSF USA

Save The Children Save the Children Official Site: Creating Lasting Change for Children in Need

American Red Cross

Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
So eloquent is 0bama, especially when he talks crap on his own country while giving the Middle East a pass.

0bama - Cairo, Egypt June 4, 2009: "Now let me be clear: issues of women's equality are by no means simply an issue for Islam. In Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia, we have seen Muslim-majority countries elect a woman to lead. Meanwhile, the struggle for women's equality continues in many aspects of American life, and in countries around the world."

Yup, that's correct, in Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh and even Indonesia they are so far ahead of Americans, that they elect women leaders, while in america we are still struggling with equal rights for women.

Oh, and we sexists bigots in America try to ban little girls from wearing a scarf in public, even had to make it a law because of those evil Americans too.

0bama: "The U.S. government has gone to court to protect the right of women and girls to wear the hijab, and to punish those who would deny it."
You completely misinterpreted that quote. He's simply acknowledgig that they've made great headway and everybody, including the US, has work to do.

He never said they are ahead of us on women's rights. You're seeing what you want to see.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:12 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,702,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Wow! I just can't remember your posting a lot of links or anything to indicate any research at all.........so WHERE have you been providing research for "sheep"?
So, still, you have not one quote in which Obama is apologizing for our country?

Simply ranting over and over with your beliefs and disturbingly poor spelling (suggesting a lack of intellectual curiosity regarding these issues) does not prove your point.

You made a claim about Obama apologizing. Now do what any scholar would and back it up! Simple. For once, prove your claims.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I'm sure that indonesia will send a few goats, india will send a few left-over second hand computers, mexico will send some illegal immigrants, etc. I am about as big as an obama supporter as is possible but I question why the US always has to be the largest and first donor also. all of the other countries are mighty stingy with their $$, but seem more interested in spending it on THEIR OWN citizens.
I wonder why some americans have the false idea that they do more than other countries, some data to back those statements up would be nice. A lot of countries are giving help on a similar or superior level to the USA, Mexico is no exception.

Mexican hospital ship leaves for haiti today

Mexico's help to haiti surpasses un's expectations

Mexico will send aid to haiti in a few hours

I also believe it is a pity that while these poor people are suffering, we are here arguing on who did more, this shouldn't be a contest of who helps more, we should just help according to each nations possibilities.

Old 01-15-2010, 05:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,214,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I wonder why some americans have the false idea that they do more than other countries, some data to back those statements up would be nice. A lot of countries are giving help on a similar or superior level to the USA, Mexico is no exception.

Mexican hospital ship leaves for haiti today

Mexico's help to haiti surpasses un's expectations

Mexico will send aid to haiti in a few hours

I also believe it is a pity that while these poor people are suffering, we are here arguing on who did more, this shouldn't be a contest of who helps more, we should just help according to each nations possibilities.
I believe that the bigger pity is that those in power will use this to deflect attention from our own problems.
I believe a bigger pity is that we can martial all this aid, all this frantic energy to help haiti but can't seem to do the same for our own homeless people.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:51 PM

7 posts, read 16,701 times
Just be glad those unfortunate people are getting some help. It will take years to rebuild the country of Haiti.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies