Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,772,368 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
More importantly, where is he going to get $100M?
Maybe he will order a few less airplanes the military doesn't need, want or requested that the Republicans like to stick in the budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
More importantly, where is he going to get $100M?
Where did Bush get the 350 million he sent to Thailand?

Were you whining then?

Old 01-14-2010, 05:44 PM

1,990 posts, read 7,635,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01
Are you one of the soldiers being sent in? Have you ever been? I have.
If you have never done the job I suggest you put on a uniform and give it a whirl.
You go into these areas and you are at great risk. Disease is the greatest.
Then you have those who feel that your efforts are not enough maybe a mob forms. But you are given impossible rules of engagement. Its no tea party and its rare that we hear the word thank you. What we will hear are complaints that we should do more still.
I ask again why must it always be the USA that is first in and last out?
Soldiers take pride in helping those who can't help themselves. But is running to every natural disaster around the globe the job of our Military?
So are we now the worlds Ambulance?
Question: Why enlist to begin with?

The last time I've checked, the US, has an all-volunteer force. It is up to the induvidual whether or not, if they want to serve in the armed service. I'm in the process of joining the Navy. It is a thankless job; that's life. But, I'm contempt with that. One of the many jobs with the military is humanitarian aid. Because God knows, that could of been San Francisco, LA, Seattle, Anchorage, etc. Yes, the US is the world's ambulance; we're the only Superpower left on earth. With great power, comes great responsibility. I think I heard that in a comic somewhere...

Old 01-14-2010, 06:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,711,259 times
I won't bother reading this thread, but just want to point out: Obama has NEVER apologized to other countries. Pointing out shortcomings - both ours and those of other countries - is mature.

Notice how Bush strutted around like an adolescent while our nation crumbled around him. What you're seeing from Obama is how adults deal with situations.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,341,250 times
Some of that 100 million taxpayer money better go towards building a few birth control clinics. Haiti and its exploding population is overflowing into all of the nations surrounding it. Give it time, and all the Carribean will be the same filth that Haiti is.

Old 01-14-2010, 06:31 PM

1,700 posts, read 3,425,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I won't bother reading this thread, but just want to point out: Obama has NEVER apologized to other countries. Pointing out shortcomings - both ours and those of other countries - is mature.

Notice how Bush strutted around like an adolescent while our nation crumbled around him. What you're seeing from Obama is how adults deal with situations.
Oh you mean by blaming someone else. I see that all the time from mature adults. "He did it!!!!" (points)

Old 01-14-2010, 06:57 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Interesting... where's the rest of world coming to the rescue that Obama apologized to.

Obama says US stands with Haiti, pledges $100M aid - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100114/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_us_haiti_earthquake - broken link)
""The United States is providing a lot of the glue that is keeping people communicating and working together as we try to assert authority, reinstate the government and begin to do what governments have to do to rebuild,""

Sounds like we will be nation building in Haiti, so the next piece of crap Haitian dictator can squander the nations resources and steal all $$ billion $$ in aid we give them.

Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

So eloquent is 0bama, especially when he talks crap on his own country while giving the Middle East a pass.

0bama - Cairo, Egypt June 4, 2009: "Now let me be clear: issues of women's equality are by no means simply an issue for Islam. In Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indonesia, we have seen Muslim-majority countries elect a woman to lead. Meanwhile, the struggle for women's equality continues in many aspects of American life, and in countries around the world."

Yup, that's correct, in Turkey, Pakistan, Bangladesh and even Indonesia they are so far ahead of Americans, that they elect women leaders, while in america we are still struggling with equal rights for women.

Oh, and we sexists bigots in America try to ban little girls from wearing a scarf in public, even had to make it a law because of those evil Americans too.

0bama: "The U.S. government has gone to court to protect the right of women and girls to wear the hijab, and to punish those who would deny it."

Old 01-14-2010, 08:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Some 40 nations are on the way including us, Canada, Jamaica, Cuba, Mexico, Brazil, Dominican Republic, Barbados, England, France, Austrailia, Aruba, Grenada, St Lucia, Australia and many more. Thanks to the LEADERSHIP of President Obama they are ALL on the way there!

Major quake rocks Haiti, many nations ready with assistance_English_Xinhua
Yep because none of them would have thought to do it themselves.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:09 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Interesting... where's the rest of world coming to the rescue that Obama apologized to.

Obama says US stands with Haiti, pledges $100M aid - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100114/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_us_haiti_earthquake - broken link)

hussein obama is a kowtowing sap. He pledges 100M of OUR money while China and India that have our jobs and got much of the stimilus money pledged 1 million each.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies