Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Of course, you, joey, being so gullible, think that that is all Christians are doning.

Some people from our church in PA are there. They have always been there. They have helped do repairs and upgrades at one of the hospitals. The are there now.

Christians, joey, do more than distribute Bibles. But Bibles can be uplifting when people are suffering.

But, I guess you, joey, don't need any kind of spiritual encouragement. Your life is perfect. You have no problems. You have no need of God. He is simply a myth. Right?

Good for you. Tell it to the "judge" (when you get there).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:50 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Did you ever think for even one freakin second that the Bibles might help them to find comfort in THEIR religion? You make me sick.
He makes me sick too. The guy is an absolute idiot.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:51 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,032,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Reminds me of this Onion article:

Poverty-Stricken Africans Receive Desperately Needed Bibles | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

How can anyone think that bibles are a priority for people who are dying from a lack of water and food, let alone medication?
now that i know where you guys get your news this thread isnt suprising at all

Old 01-19-2010, 05:51 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,346 times
Default more hate and partial disclosures, it's what I've come to expect

Quote:
Someone needs to tell the Christian taliban that haitians need food and not solar powered bibles
The left will continue the hate anyways but let's see, what do we actually have here.

Analysis: We gots, Faith Comes By Hearing, who's donating 600 solar powered bibles. Oh the audacity. Digging just a little bit (two google searches and maybe a whole minute later), I found that Faith Comes By Hearing is only one facet of a larger aid organization, Convoy of Hope. Convoy of Hope delivers food, water and other supplies (like FCBH's solar powered bibles) to the third world and other disaster hit areas, like Haiti.

Conclusion: It seems that lefties found bibles in a private aid cargo of food, water and other supplies bound for delivery in Haiti, and these bibles have their collective panties in a knot.

"We already have 600 Proclaimers on their way through our ministry partner, Convoy of Hope," said Jon Wilke, Faith Comes By Hearing's spokesperson.

Audio Bibles Minister Hope in Haiti | Faith Comes By Hearing

Convoy of Hope, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, feeds the hungry and provides pure drinking water to people in need across the United States and around the world. To date, the organization has provided real help to 28 million people in 112 countries and 45 states.

Who We Are :: Convoy of Hope

Old 01-19-2010, 05:55 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,304,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
now that i know where you guys get your news this thread isnt suprising at all
Gosh! You didn't know that The Onion was satirical?

You probably get your "news" from Fox

You have no water, no food, no medication, no bible.

Which would you prefer to get first?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:00 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,952,271 times
Quote:
If you were in WTC no amount of money, or a bible would be helpful to you. However, if you did somehow survive the collapse and were trapped under rubble it would take man power and machinery to save you, which cost money. A bible might provide you comfort while you died, but it won't save your life unless God magically teleports you to safety or levitates the rubble. While possible its very improbably that this would happen. After you were saved you would probably want food, water, and medical treatment. Not saying you wouldn't want a bible too, but I would want it to compliment the food/water/medicine, and not as a substitute.
I rarely agree with you, but this is a very sensible post IMO. Reps to you joejitsu.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:29 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Would you at least be honest enough to admit that it is Christians who are providing millions in relief and thousands in volunteers to help the people of Haiti? And guess what, it didn't just start with nor will it end with the earthquake. Christian churches from all over the world have been running orphanages, clinics, hospitals, schools, etc. for Haiti for decades. If you weren't so blinded by your prejudices and bigotry against Christians you might know that.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:43 PM

1,476 posts, read 1,776,865 times
This thread isn't anti-christian, and I am sorry if I gave anyone that impression. The point of this thread was to call out some christian idiot christian fundamentalist AKA Christian Taliban on wasting space on books instead of something useful. The christian taliban are the extremist christians who reject science in favor of the bible, give bibles to people who need aid, and basically act like the muslim taliban but instead of Allah they worship Jesus. I realize that many christians are not like this. To the christians out there that aren't idiots/Christian Taliban good job. To the Christian Taliban members on CD, you know who you are, people cannot bibles. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,787,059 times
Quote:
If you were in WTC no amount of money, or a bible would be helpful to you. However, if you did somehow survive the collapse and were trapped under rubble it would take man power and machinery to save you, which cost money. A bible might provide you comfort while you died, but it won't save your life unless God magically teleports you to safety or levitates the rubble. While possible its very improbably that this would happen. After you were saved you would probably want food, water, and medical treatment. Not saying you wouldn't want a bible too, but I would want it to compliment the food/water/medicine, and not as a substitute.
Mychal Judge - Google Search
This man did what he could. He could not solve all things. He sacrificed his own life and safety to do what he could, holding the hand of the doomed, administering last rites. There is a reason why humanitarian aid workers have some sort of structured pressure relief valve in the form of military chaplain or hospital chapel. They need it to keep working, because being exposed relentlessly to horrors will choke the life out of any human being subjected to it too long. Atheists unable to understand could look at it as therapeutic, the mitigation of PTSD.

Some of these people will only have hours or days to live because they're beyond medical help to heal. That's the nature of triage. They, ALSO, cannot wait. A gallon of water will not save them, but comfort is most useful to those cases, and walking wounded who might otherwise obstruct relief workers.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:01 PM

31 posts, read 26,597 times
Quote:
People in Haiti lack food, water, and medicine, but not bibles. I don't think bibles are in sort supply anywhere because christian charities make sure of that. Anyway, those bibles might come in useful when people in Haiti die due to lack of food/water/medicine, because they were sent solar power bibles and not anything that actually could help them. They can read each other last rites and pray for some food or water.
They are getting plenty of our money....your President is sending them plenty of aid on our tax dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies