Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:08 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
I don't think it's necessarily a hate, so much as a questioning of pride. For example, the southern states generally perform poorly in academics, economy (Texas is doing well, we know, and you can have it.), social justice, and progress in the equal rights/treatment of the LGBT issue of our day. Additionally, southern states insist on making "creationism" a science, which looks really dumb in our states.

Most of these things are okay (certainly not preferred and reflected in property values), but the denial of science and equal treatment/rights of gay people make my circle squirm. That's shameful to us.
All lies. There is no difference between ignorant people in AL or MS and ignorant people in PA or CT.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Birmingham is beautiful and has a lot of stunning golf courses.
Most people don't play golf.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
All lies. There is no difference between ignorant people in AL or MS and ignorant people in PA or CT.

If you notice on this forum, every time the south is mentioned the ignorant flock to the thread to expose their stupidity. I find it amazing that a few have to criticize others to make themselves feel better. There is something lacking in their character .

Old 03-09-2013, 06:56 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Well, for the most part, the dominant white southern culture doesn't believe in government, so unfortunately what you point out is never, ever going to change. They do believe in god though.
White Southerners LOVE big government a hell of a lot more than they let on. I'm not fooled one bit by their rhetoric and those votes for Republican candidates.

White Arizonan Republicans where I live are the same way. They talk a good game, but they squeal like pigs at the thought of any federal or state money not coming into the trough.

As for their belief in God...Meh! Meaningless unless you conduct your life in such a way that it positively manifests itself, and on that count, they're no different than people who live in Massachusetts or Illinois.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
White Southerners LOVE big government a hell of a lot more than they let on. I'm not fooled one bit by their rhetoric and those votes for Republican candidates.

White Arizonan Republicans where I live are the same way. They talk a good game, but they squeal like pigs at the thought of any federal or state money not coming into the trough.
Really?

Well, personally I know one traditional white southerner, and whenever I discussed politics with the man, he talks big on social issues and government spending and intrusion, so besides the social issues and military, he prefers a small government . Never heard him complain about not getting enough money, except for disaster assistance after hurricanes...

Old 03-09-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Really?

Well, personally I know one traditional white southerner, and whenever I discussed politics with the man, he talks big on social issues and government spending and intrusion, so besides the social issues and military, he prefers a small government . Never heard him complain about not getting enough money, except for disaster assistance after hurricanes...

To me, he sounds pretty much like most Americans. They want government when its convenient, and have little use for it otherwise. 90% of Americans feel that way.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:20 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
To me, he sounds pretty much like most Americans. They want government when its convenient, and have little use for it otherwise. 90% of Americans feel that way.
That is my favorite eye roll moment. I love it when the same people who are against all government spending, but the moment something bad happens to them they are crying about where their government is and why it isn't doing more to help them.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:25 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,957,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Two words: Hee Haw.

Brilliant! How long did it take you to come up with this educated response?

Old 03-09-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is my favorite eye roll moment. I love it when the same people who are against all government spending, but the moment something bad happens to them they are crying about where their government is and why it isn't doing more to help them.
Pretty much ALL Americans are addicted to and are very reliant on big fat government in some form or fashion.

But many like to draw some phony sense of pride in the false notion that they aren't. I just laugh at 'em and keep it movin'. Lol..I know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies