Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 02:48 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
calm down betty.. that isn't happening here... what is happening here though is another major religion doing much of the same... religion doesnt belong in government affairs and laws of the land.. that's between individuals and their makers... I lived next door to what seemed like the entire muslim community when I lived in seattle.. I lived down the street from the islamic center.. everyone I encountered was friendly and nice.. the whole sheet covering everyone up thing was weird.. but not my business.. they didn't treat me any different.. I didn't treat them any different.. I don't think they have it out for hijacking our laws.. but if that is what you fear.. perhaps the real issue at large needs to be addressed.. religion period.. We indeed are a nation that adheres to common law principles... so if anything of religious origin starts being incorporated into our laws on the basis of religious views.. it opens the door for Muslims to do the same.. hence.. separation of church and state.
if the muslims scare you.. protect yourself by telling your christian neighbors to shut up and keep their nonsense at church too.. then we will have nothing to fear
You need more education. You apparently have no understanding of what is going on in Europe or in our country. While Muslims are a very small minority, they tend to be "nice" and go along. When their numbers reach 10% or greater, you will start to feel their intentions.

Go ahead and call me paranoid, but I'm not the gay guy, you are, and you have much more to fear from Muslims than Christians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 02:54 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverkid View Post
Try following the conversation. I brought up past criminal law on homosexuality because people made claims that weren't true. Someone said "America has had a majority Christian population for 200 plus years and we have not codified homosexuality as a capital offense yet". I was correcting misinformation.

I enjoy the debate on this forum because I often learn things, and I would hope that the other people involved in this conversation would enjoy learning something too.

Also, denverkid refers to my being a child (native) of Denver and is meant to be a reflection of my love for my home town. It has nothing to do with my age. Stop attacking me (this isn't the first time you've done it) by either calling me a kid or referring to my intellect as that of a kid. It's pretty disgusting.
Your whole point is to make some moral equivalency between Christian law and Islamic law. Do you deny that? And those of us who disagree with you are trying to show you that you are wrong. All you have to do is LOOK. Open your eyes, watch what is happening in Europe, read some authors who live there and who have written books on the subject, pay attention, be alert. It's not that difficult to see that Christianity poses no threat to this country while Islam poses a great threat. Islam is ONLY a threat because of people like you, who downplay historic and contemporary evidence of the insidious and malevolent nature of Islam.

Europe is full of Denverkids and BoiseGuys. And they aren't too happy right now.

Read While Europe Slept by Bruce Bawer, or Eurabia by Bat Ye'or.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:19 PM

971 posts, read 1,294,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Your whole point is to make some moral equivalency between Christian law and Islamic law. Do you deny that?
Yes I deny that. I have many, many good friends who are Christians and none of them believe in anything remotely close to instituting Sharia Law in the US. Thankfully, Christianity has evolved well beyond this concept of Law and Governance - especially here in the US. I find Sharia law completely devoid of morality. I'm not really sure what you mean by "Christian Law", but while flawed in areas, I find US law (based on both Constitutional and Judeo-Christian values) to be well grounded and morally good.

I just simply don't like misinformation. When someone says there is "NO christian" in the US who believes in instituting old-testament biblical law here in the US, I'm going to address that as not true by providing an example (Mosaic law a la Rousas John Rushdoony and Christian Reconstructionism). When someone claims that homosexuality has never been a capital crime in the US, I'm going to point out that that's just plainly false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Europe is full of Denverkids and BoiseGuys. And they aren't too happy right now.
What is this suppose to mean? What other views are you going to attribute to me now?

Last edited by denverkid; 01-29-2010 at 03:36 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 03:30 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,826,620 times
Homosexuality is one of Satan's most important creations, and the one I am sure - he is most proud of.

Old 01-29-2010, 03:32 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times
Whatever this goofball thinks, there are 48 Muslim-majority countries in the world and of those, half a dozen or so at the most, prescribe death for homosexuality. One of the few that does is our good 'friend' Saudi Arabia.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:27 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
I wonder if the gay liberals offended by the muslims realize that they are the same ones who laud the ACLU when they sue to protect the rights of the same Muslims who want to kill them simply because they are gay?

Muslims in the countries mentioned have zero tolerance for liberal ideology. Last time I checked there was not a single area in north america under sharia law.

I also not that the same liberals who take offense to the Islamic position on homosexuality are the same people who state "the US has no business meddling in Iraq or any other sovereign nation.". If that is their position not sure why they would try and legislate sanctions against a nation that has opposing viewpoints. If you don't want to get hanged for being gay, don't move to Iran.

I support equal rights for homos here, and have no problem granting them civil unions. Ironic that they demand respect here but take offense to a religion for their viewpoint.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:33 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
I wonder if the gay liberals offended by the muslims realize that they are the same ones who laud the ACLU when they sue to protect the rights of the same Muslims who want to kill them simply because they are gay?
The ACLU has never defended the notion that gays should be killed. I have no problem with the ACLU defending Muslims in this country if what they're defending is associated with civil liberties and free speech.

Quote:
I support equal rights for homos here, and have no problem granting them civil unions. Ironic that they demand respect here but take offense to a religion for their viewpoint.
It's not about a "viewpoint". It's about criminalizing homosexuality and making it subject to a death penalty. There's a big difference.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Whatever this goofball thinks, there are 48 Muslim-majority countries in the world and of those, half a dozen or so at the most, prescribe death for homosexuality. One of the few that does is our good 'friend' Saudi Arabia.
Countries where Homosexuality is punishable by death:

Yemen
United Arab Emirates
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Pakistan
Afghanistan
Sudan
Nigeria
Mauritania

Countries where Homosexuality is punishable by Life Imprisonment:

India (in the process of being legalized)
Uganda
Guyana
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Maldives
Nepal
Singapore

Old 01-29-2010, 04:46 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The ACLU has never defended the notion that gays should be killed. I have no problem with the ACLU defending Muslims in this country if what they're defending is associated with civil liberties and free speech.

If a = b and b = c then a = c. Think about that.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
As a gay liberal (and member of the ACLU) I am extremely offended by anyone (Muslims included) who wants to kill gays. I'm also offended by anyone who want to deny me equal civil rights and access to the law.

I do, however, fully support anyone's right to believe that it's okay to kill gays or deny us civil rights. I even support their right to petition the public and our government to adopt that view as policy. I'll gladly supply money in order to defend a hateful anti-gay bigot whose constitutional rights are being trampled even if it means another voice out there fighting against everything I believe in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies