Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Tiny piece of land? It is a very precious piece of land, a piece of filet with a long Mediterranean coastline, access to the Red Sea, water resources. By Middle Eastern standards it is a very fortunate piece of land, just like Lebanon.

Arabs in Israel have equal rights only on paper, in real life they are doing much worse (poverty, life expectancy, mortality etc.). A couple of alibi posts given to them don't change much about that as long as Arabs don't have anything to say. The demographics are changing quite a bit in favor of Arabs and some Israelis are already warning that the Jewish dominance might be in danger. Of course the Arabs won't leave Israel as within Israel at least they are not subject to invasions and other atrocities without it getting media attention.

I am not saying that surrounding countries like Iran or Saudi-Arabia are any better in this respect. They are also racist Apartheid countries.

Anyway, Israel was designed as a Jewish state from the very beginning. And it is no secret that the so-called exodus of Arabs was a rather forced one. It really is an Apartheid state in my opinion.

Jews have lived there for a long time, sure, but so have others. Nor have they - in their own understanding - always lived there, they took the land from others, which even their Old Testament states. Basically the whole idea behind being Jewish is a kind of racism, thinking they are different from and superior to the people around them based on a book of fairy tales. In reality of course there is nothing special about Jews, they have evolved from the same local pagan population, just like their neighbors.

What would the US do if the UN decided to give, say, Northern California to American Indians and declaring it an independent American-Indian state? Would Washington accept that?

Did not the UN do that in Indonesia recently? And the British, the mandate holder, turned the matter over to the UN. and given there has never been an independent palestinian nation ever in history, your comparison is false. Try again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM

768 posts, read 943,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Yes you can. Vanunu?

Noam Chomsky?

Has Israel killed millions of Palestinians? If so, why is their population growing exponentially? Why do their arab brothers keep them in refugee camps?

Why didn't their arab brothers give them independence between 1948-1967?

What did Jordan kill more Palestinians in 1970 than Israel has in 40 years??

Care to explain?
I could explain, but I don't care to, because it's irrelevant. You're attempting to dodge the crux of the moral issue by saying "other people do bad things, too!" which is, of course, a non-argument.

Israel holds Palestinians as modern day prisoners with an internationally-determined illegal occupation, and the West doesn't say a word.

Sad stuff that otherwise reasonable people try to use sloppy moral relativism to justify the unjustifiable.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilVA View Post

And who are the Invaders in this map??
Oh, also libbies love ignoring the fact that Egypt and jordan occupied Gaza and the WB from 1948-1967 and didn't give the palestinians independence.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
I could explain, but I don't care to, because it's irrelevant. You're attempting to dodge the crux of the moral issue by saying "other people do bad things, too!" which is, of course, a non-argument.

Israel holds Palestinians as modern day prisoners with an internationally-determined illegal occupation, and the West doesn't say a word.

Sad stuff that otherwise reasonable people try to use sloppy moral relativism to justify the unjustifiable.
So why are you singling out Israel?

The west doesn't say a word? LOL

OMG, who let you get onto the computer?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
The egyptian government is scared of Israel, same as other arabic governments

This is not even related to that, Al-Qaeda is a different group that have been weakened big time and they have no relations with Palestine.

They may not be friends, but they will always obey Israel's orders.
I keep wondering if Egypt might remember the ass kicking they took at the hands of the Israelis in 1967. That war was my favorite of all time in that the Israelis took their old World War II Pershing tanks and stomped the best that Russia had to offer which they were gladly sharing with the Egyptians. It was so amazing that each Arab country wanted to take Israel on one country at a time. As it turned out that was very smart because if they all came at them at once the Israelis would have had to fight back even harder than they did.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Don't try to talk reason to a leftie. They're incapable. The can only emote. HIs arguments are based out of hatred for Jews and Israel.

Notice they don't lose much sleep over Chinese occupation and ivasion of Tibet? It's because the CHinese aren't Jews.
Quote:

Please read the above. I expect you to try harder now that you've been put on notice: when adults argue, one cannot simply point to another atrocity as though it excuses the former.

Next you'll say "terrorists are mostly Muslim" or "Israel has hotter women" or some other true yet irrelevant statement as though it somehow vindicates your position.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Please read the above. I expect you to try harder now that you've been put on notice: when adults argue, one cannot simply point to another atrocity as though it excuses the former.

Next you'll say "terrorists are mostly Muslim" or "Israel has hotter women" or some other true yet irrelevant statement as though it somehow vindicates your position.

You're still on the wrong moral side.

I'm curious, what do you think about Hamas treatment of homosexuals? If they don't kill them, they get them to go on suicide missions. Do you approve?

Why do you turn a blind eye to all of your values if it comes to just being anti israel.

Israel = equal rights, for women and gays...secular

muslim nations = kill homosexuals. run be religious fanatics

simply because you don't like Jews?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:20 PM

Quote:
So why are you singling out Israel?

The west doesn't say a word? LOL

OMG, who let you get onto the computer?
You keep making the same argumentative error, so I'm going to assume you're confused and not simply intellectually bankrupt. Again: when people discuss morality and politics, one cannot successfully change the terms and point to similar bad deeds and present such a point as though it is a logical argument.

Now, correcting your mistake going forward, how do you justify the illegal (according to international law) occupation of a foreign land on moral grounds, using the political and moral pretense of past war justification (see: Gulf War One, et al) from a United States perspective?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
You keep making the same argumentative error, so I'm going to assume you're confused and not simply intellectually bankrupt. Again: when people discuss morality and politics, one cannot successfully change the terms and point to similar bad deeds and present such a point as though it is a logical argument.

Now, correcting your mistake going forward, how do you justify the illegal (according to international law) occupation of a foreign land on moral grounds, using the political and moral pretense of past war justification (see: Gulf War One, et al) from a United States perspective?
Care to explain how the west ignores it? Someone made that claim.
I see western governments condemn Israel on a daily basis. They have boycotts in countries like the UK where they won't even let Israeli professors teach there.. All based out of hatred. Yet I challenge the claim that the west is silent about it? LOL

Libbie logic!

Old 02-18-2010, 01:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
There wasn't Hamas in this vid, there an innocent kid and a cameraman

YouTube - An Israeli Tank kills an Innocent Kid in Palestine
Do I see the word innocent in your post? I guess you don't know how good those Palestinian chukkers really are. Is there a chance that one could be a champion and chuck a grenade among a bunch of rocks? Naw, that couldn't happen because the Israelis are the only bad guys there. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies