Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZKay1 View Post
Why did God give White people a natural dislike for blacks?

Instead of insulting Whites for something that isn't their fault, you should actually respect this fact and let the races live seperately.
Maybe God gave you a natural dislike for blacks, but He didnt inflict that illness on everyone.

Old 02-12-2010, 03:55 AM

258 posts, read 448,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMiiorHateMii View Post
My last post...

I did some browsing on CD and came across the thread in Great Debates about blacks and crime...
The same lot of you who are decrying this post "All white people aren't the same" "Don't lump us together" are the same ones in that thread "Blacks are this, blacks are that"

Make up your minds people...Can we be lumped together or can't we be or is it just blacks that can be lumped together? Sheesh, you white people confuse me!

LOL !! Thanks for the laugh on such a touchy subject.

To qoute Rodney King who had been beaten within an inch of his life by racist cops:

"Can't we all just get along?"

Old 02-12-2010, 04:51 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
I just stumbled upon this while researching the Unilever corporation, and thought it says a lot:

Skin lightening creams

Hindustan Unilever's Fair and Lovely is the leading skin-lightening cream for women in India. The company was forced to withdraw television advertisements for the product in 2007. Advertisements depicted depressed, dark-complexioned women, who had been ignored by employers and men, suddenly finding new boyfriends and glamorous careers after the cream had lightened their skin. In 2008 Hindustan Unilever made former Miss World Priyanka Chopra a brand ambassador for Pond's, and she then appeared in a mini-series of television commercials for another skin lightening product, White Beauty, alongside Saif Ali Khan and Neha Dhupia; these advertisements were widely criticised for perpetuating racism.

Hindustan Unilever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-12-2010, 05:29 AM

305 posts, read 805,655 times
As long as the perception that Mainstream America (White America) has of blacks things will no improve. Until the mentality changes, things will get worse within Black America and honestly it's not all Black America's fault.

Doesn't matter how many people say education or networking, it's 95% of the time another person has to give you the opportunity. It's usually people who aren't black.

Blacks don't have any products really sort out by other races, Asians have Chinese Food, Spanish has their food but blacks truly have nothing, you will never see non-blacks lining up at a restaurant for Soul Food... never.

All the bull**** must stop and the truth must come out.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:31 AM

305 posts, read 805,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
If you say whites are more racist than blacks, let me ask you a question. Why don't whites have an equal to the NAACP? Whites don't have WET (White Entertainment TV), Whites don't have a White Pride Day, Whites don't have a White History Month, Whites don't have a White College Fund, so why are you saying white people are racists? You say Whites commit violence against blacks, yet the ghettos are a most dangerous place to live. Who lives in the ghettos blacks or whites? Which race has the most inmates in our prison systems? A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant. Sorry, your argument just doesn't hold water. I've never thought I'd have any racist feelings, but since Obama was elected, and after listening to Oprah Winfry, I'm beginning to change my mind. I don't think a post like you started should be allowed...

Seriously I don't think you should be allowed to post....

Whites don't need WET or NAACP, honestly you don't even need it. Don't tell me you're one of those that believe racism towards blacks doesn't exist in America? You will gladly support your local black owned business too huh? Walk through the hood and make friends?

C'mon now.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:28 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post

Whites don't need WET or NAACP, honestly you don't even need it. Don't tell me you're one of those that believe racism towards blacks doesn't exist in America? You will gladly support your local black owned business too huh? Walk through the hood and make friends?

C'mon now.

As long as you don't tell us you're one of those that believe racism towards whites doesn't exist in America. There are plenty of blacks that hate whites. In fact we have a racist in the white house.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:36 AM

97 posts, read 116,896 times
Everybody has done or said something racist whether they meant it that way or not

Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
no not racist, just noticed that a lot of white people especially on here are.... why don't you check the blog posts for yourself and than check back with me.. I guarantee you'll understand why I created this post.... one post was Would you rather be black or gay? another post was Why are there so many black teenager thugs? and than ask me if I'm racist again. Who is really the racist?
Oh, I'm sorry, perhaps you need to check the comments section of some black oriented websites, youtube videos that have anything to do with race whatsoever to see the ignorance espoused from black people too. Or Mexicans, or Asians, or whoever!

Racism and ignorance has no bounds and no color. It comes from lack of education and lack of understanding. It's racist to think only white people can be racist. You see more of it here from white people, because the majority of posters are probably white.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:02 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.00 per hour View Post

C'mon now.

Lol, last time I went to a black owned restaurant for Soul Food in the clearly black part of town the stare-down from blacks was palpable.

While I enjoyed the food, I won't be back because it was too uncomfortable. Or maybe I'll ask a black friend to come with me!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
As long as you don't tell us you're one of those that believe racism towards whites doesn't exist in America. There are plenty of blacks that hate whites. In fact we have a racist in the white house.
There are many people in the White House, so who do you mean, obviously not Obama Biden?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies