Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 12:21 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,113,205 times

Advertisements

If you say whites are more racist than blacks, let me ask you a question. Why don't whites have an equal to the NAACP? Whites don't have WET (White Entertainment TV), Whites don't have a White Pride Day, Whites don't have a White History Month, Whites don't have a White College Fund, so why are you saying white people are racists? You say Whites commit violence against blacks, yet the ghettos are a most dangerous place to live. Who lives in the ghettos blacks or whites? Which race has the most inmates in our prison systems? A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant. Sorry, your argument just doesn't hold water. I've never thought I'd have any racist feelings, but since Obama was elected, and after listening to Oprah Winfry, I'm beginning to change my mind. I don't think a post like you started should be allowed...

Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 AM

805 posts, read 1,511,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
no not racist, just noticed that a lot of white people especially on here are.... why don't you check the blog posts for yourself and than check back with me.. I guarantee you'll understand why I created this post.... one post was Would you rather be black or gay? another post was Why are there so many black teenager thugs? and than ask me if I'm racist again. Who is really the racist?
How do you know these posters are white? Did you ask them? Did they tell you? Don't make assumptions about the racial background of so-called "racist" posts. They could be Hispanic, Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern....mixed raced....lord knows what.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,326,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
I read a number of posts on this website and noticed one thing, that a lot of the people on here are very close minded and have stereotypical views. You may say I am being stereotypical with this post, but every subject on here is about black people being thugs, sinners (due to race may I add), and comparison to being gay which is totally asinine! But I do believe that White people have an insatiable appetite to be in control of, steal from and disrespect other cultures. So answer this Whites, Blacks, Asian's , Hispanics, Middle Eastern, Multi-Racial people, are white people racist due to genetics?
A lot of the people here are very racist but it is mostly their political ideology, their lack of education, and their relative lack of experience traveling & experiencing different parts of the world which makes them so closed minded. That most of these people are conservatives on the far right should not be surprising.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:31 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
So you admit that you are racist while at the same time accusing others of being racist?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I wonder what the op thinks of hussein obama sitting in a "hate whitie" racist church for over 20 years. Hard to believe a racist can be our president.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:35 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,589,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
If you say whites are more racist than blacks, let me ask you a question. Why don't whites have an equal to the NAACP? Whites don't have WET (White Entertainment TV), Whites don't have a White Pride Day, Whites don't have a White History Month, Whites don't have a White College Fund, so why are you saying white people are racists? You say Whites commit violence against blacks, yet the ghettos are a most dangerous place to live. Who lives in the ghettos blacks or whites? Which race has the most inmates in our prison systems? A white woman could not be in the Miss Black American pageant, but any color can be in the Miss America pageant. Sorry, your argument just doesn't hold water. I've never thought I'd have any racist feelings, but since Obama was elected, and after listening to Oprah Winfry, I'm beginning to change my mind. I don't think a post like you started should be allowed...
This is just as off base as the OP.

For one, we shouldn't have "ghettos" in this day and age. But such as it is, I bet if I went over to the Houston forum and told people where I live (oh wait, I already have) you'll probably have people say I live in a ghetto. And truth be known I'm a minority of sorts where I live.

"White Entertainment Television" would be almost every other English language network other than BET and maybe MTV in its current form, along with a handful of other more obscure cable networks I suppose.

If white girls could be in the Miss Black America pageant, it would be simply the Miss America pageant. In any case, there's nothing wrong with variety when it comes to beautiful women.

White History Month is every month other than February, I suppose. It is true that public school history classes are rather Eurocentric in their approach, and it always has been.

Maybe if we were over this "drug war" crap I'd put more stock in the racial makeup of the prison population.

I suppose having a half-black president won't make us a "post-racial" society after all. That's one element of "hope" and "change" that Obama really doesn't have any control over, and never will. It's up to the people whether they want to accept that not everyone in the world looks like them, and that those that don't look like them are their equals.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:41 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,098,848 times
Quote:

I do believe when people hear the word gangster most think of blacks. Well lo and behold right from CNN we get this. A black commentator calling for gangster violence from hussein obama. I am waiting for the black community to call this guy on the carpet.

Roland Martin
"Obama's critics keep blasting him for Chicago-style politics. So, fine. Channel your inner Al Capone and go gangsta against your foes. Let 'em know that if they aren't with you, they are against you, and will pay the price."

Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,327,115 times
Quote:
*note- i am answering this person's post*
do you know why these organizations were created... the naacp for instance was created in 1909.. are you aware of the nature of society during this era.. let me show you an example:

now, is it really that difficult to figure out why an organization that promotes educational/political/social equality for black people would be created during this time? is it really that hard?
BET is a different example.. nbc/cbs/fox = all white owned. ironically bet is now owned by some white man but when it was created, it was for promoting black music and programming. or did you happen to see a lot of black people on "Friends"....?
so you think the creation of the naacp was "racist"? LOL!
the rest of your post is pretty absurd so i wont reply to it.
do a little research and use some common sense.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,589,474 times

WE'RE SUPERIOR---well, except for our punctuation.

Sorry, I hate unnecessary apostrophe's.....dangit, there I went and did it myself.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 AM

258 posts, read 448,796 times
Quote:

May I chime in? White people do not need an equivalent to the NAAACP>
You were never denied jobs, housing, education or the right to vote.

Miss Black America was originated because there was little to no chance of a Black woman winning when the pageant was in it's early days.

As for ghettos there are all kinds of people living there. Ever been to the poor areas of the Appalachian mountains?
Black people also live in upper-middle class neighborhoods. There are thousands of doctors, professors, attorneys etc who are black and live high-on-the-hog. Of course the media never shows that side.

The most inmates are black because of an injust legal system.
A jury is more likely to convict a black man... an many have been found to be innocent after DNA testing.

Please enlighten yourself.

Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,113,205 times
Default Why are whites so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post
May I chime in? White people do not need an equivalent to the NAAACP>
You were never denied jobs, housing, education or the right to vote.

Miss Black America was originated because there was little to no chance of a Black woman winning when the pageant was in it's early days.

As for ghettos there are all kinds of people living there. Ever been to the poor areas of the Appalachian mountains?
Black people also live in upper-middle class neighborhoods. There are thousands of doctors, professors, attorneys etc who are black and live high-on-the-hog. Of course the media never shows that side.

The most inmates are black because of an injust legal system.
A jury is more likely to convict a black man... an many have been found to be innocent after DNA testing.

Please enlighten yourself.
Sounds like maybe I hit a nerve. I hate seeing signs like the picture of the one posted which reads 'White's Only', and I have never been able to understand why all the hatred. When I was in the military stationed in Korea I live in a barracks that had four white men and sixteen black men. Most of these black men turned out to become very good friends. Where I live I have two very dear friends who are black, I also know several families of Mexican's who are almost like family. In fact one of the young men in his twenties calls me Pappa. Like I said in my first post, I've never been racist and I don't want to be now. But fair is fair, you will never make me believe whites are more racist than blacks. There are times when the courts may not have been fair, but OJ wasn't found guilty, so you can't say courts are biased all the time. They arn't where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies