Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2010, 04:55 PM

220 posts, read 222,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNix732 View Post
It's 2010 people, and times have changed;
good god, no! take me back to the bible thumping 1800's plz

Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Uh, do you get out much...Don't ever come to the West Coast, the number of mixed Caucasian/Asian couples might give you a heart attack. And man, I've dated plenty of Jewish women, I've never known any of them to be concerned about dating or marrying a gentile.
He better not come to Long Island either, especially with the Italian Jewish thing. The area I grew up in had TONS of Italian-Jewish marriages. Hell we had several on the block I grew up on.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanPatriot83 View Post
Then what the hell are you arguing with me about? I said not all people are equal and you call me a racist and now you turn around and say no not all people are racist. You are confusing yourself.
No, you just can't comprehend my point.

I said that peoples' inequality is not characterized by race; it is simply a normal distribution that occurs across all races.

Within each race, there are average, smart, and dumb people.
Within each race, there are nice people and mean people.
Within each race, there are successful and unsuccessful people.

The point is that you need to look beneath race at the individual when making judgments and not assume that all members of race X are inferior to members of race Y.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:23 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
So what? Leave it up to ALL the citizens of a state no matter their race. The federal government oversteps its boundaries on a daily basis it does not need to be in the who we can marry and who can't marry business.
The state governments in many states have said "no" to interracial marriages. Black people didn't get to vote on that, because in many states, Blacks didn't have the right to vote. If a state is breaching human rights or civil rights, then the federal government should step in. That is how I feel about it and I make no apologies for it. You say the government should be in the business of who marries whom? The state governments have been in that business and the feds pretty much said "the government doesn't need to decide, leave it up to the couple who wants to marry".

Old 05-26-2010, 05:39 PM

217 posts, read 125,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
However, thats what you want to deny people. You want to deny someone from entering into an interracial marriage if they just happened to live in a state that banned it.

If the people in that state banned this disgusting act then yep they need to move to commiefornia or taxachusets to practice there disgusting lifestyle.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:40 PM

217 posts, read 125,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Uh, do you get out much...Don't ever come to the West Coast, the number of mixed Caucasian/Asian couples might give you a heart attack. And man, I've dated plenty of Jewish women, I've never known any of them to be concerned about dating or marrying a gentile.
Yep I get out plenty and no I do not come to left coast. I have no interest in doing so either. I see plenty of Asians here and they are all married to other Asians nice people all around they make good food to.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:44 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
If the people in that state banned this disgusting act then yep they need to move to commiefornia or taxachusets to practice there disgusting lifestyle.
What is so disgusting about interracial marriage? I don't see any disgust in it. If I happen to fall in love with a woman of a difference race or ethnicity than me, then why shouldn't I be able to marry that woman?

Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop93 View Post
I hate the fact that my family engaged in interracial marriages.

Not that I'm "racist".....I'm just left with a confusing heritage and identity.

My mother's family is Cherokee.....My father's family is English.

What am I?
Cherokee and English.

It isn't exactly Quantum Physics.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:27 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop93 View Post
I hate the fact that my family engaged in interracial marriages.

Not that I'm "racist".....I'm just left with a confusing heritage and identity.

My mother's family is Cherokee.....My father's family is English.

What am I?
I'm all for assigning the appropriate amount of responsibility to parents for an effed up kid - but if your parents played a large role in your confusion don't blame it all on the fact that they are different races. That's lame and letting them off the hook - face it, they effed you up on a personal level.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:34 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
Pointless thread,very few will admit to not liking inter-racial relationships.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies