Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 02:04 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times

Advertisements

Some are also public school teachers in Maine who harass students whose parents serve in the military
Maine Teachers Update: Help Us Make a Difference! - Winds of Change.NET
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 02:08 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,982,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
That decision is a political decision by Congress (or presidential police action) and not one made by individual preference.That individual right is expressed in the voting booth. If you are opposed to a war, vote the guys out of office who supported the war, but don't turn tail and run when your country asks you to serve. Only a liberal would do that.
Exactly

Old 04-15-2010, 02:16 AM

And one became a Chicago lawyer
BLACKFIVE: Anti-Military Lawyer Damages Marine's Car on Eve of Deployment

Old 04-15-2010, 02:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Wow. It is amazing that a parasite like you has been able to grow in a free country; you are an embarrassement to anyone who has served and sacrficed for thier nation. I would be quite curious to see the twisted home environment in which such a mind was created. Corruption is cultivated, and is not spontaneous. It is very sad that one actually holds these views, and I sincerely hope you one day feel the boot of a tyrant in whatever country to which you pledge your loyalty. "Citizens" who think like you do not deserve citizenship and deserve the oppression that you invite.

The beauty of a free country is it isn't tunnel-visioned hypocrites deciding who 'deserves' citizenship.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
That individual right is expressed in the voting booth. If you are opposed to a war, vote the guys out of office who supported the war, but don't turn tail and run when your country asks you to serve. Only a liberal would do that.
Nixon was a liberal?

Old 04-15-2010, 02:58 AM

Quote:
I look to MEN like Jefferson, Washington, and Lincoln as my inspiration. You look to little girls like Thoreau for inspiration. You can press all the wild flowers you want, but free thinking men who want to live free will still defend thier nation, while cowards who prefer to live under the boot of a tyrant will turn tail and run with "Walden Pond" tucked under their arms.

Gee, you mean free thinking men who refuse to do the bidding of a country and a government they believe is wronging them?

Just in case you haven't noticed, Washington and Jefferson were .............................. R*E*V*O*L*U*T*I*O*N*A*R*I*E*S

Last edited by burdell; 04-15-2010 at 03:15 AM..

Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 AM

Some are at UNC Chapel Hill
BLACKFIVE: University of North Carolina ROTC Armory Vandalized
Nora, a UNC alum and mother of an ROTC cadet at UNC sends these photos, from this morning, of the vandalized UNC ROTC Armory. Click on thumbnails for larger versions

Old 04-17-2010, 07:36 PM

16 posts, read 15,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The beauty of a free country is it isn't tunnel-visioned hypocrites deciding who 'deserves' citizenship.

You mean free to a point, our country can and does decide who will go to war, and when they decide you MUST go, there is no other choice and you MUST obey orders, or you will face discipline by MPs. That is a fact, and they can shoot a person for trying to dessert in a time of war.

This post is not an argument, but for educational purposes for those who are arguing over who is "stupid" for going or not, and also for those who are arguing that soldiers have a "choice" to disobey orders, or refuse to go to war if drafted.

Make sure to support the troops and donate to your local veterans of war groups, and veterans counseling programs, if you are lucky enough to stay away from war, do your part.

The ONLY war protest, is to protest WAR ITSELF and nothing else, because EVERYONE in war is a victim and needs support by others.

Last edited by ekshme; 04-17-2010 at 07:47 PM..

Old 08-30-2012, 09:02 AM

130 posts, read 166,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I was an anti-war protester in the Korean War and Vietnam War and in Grenada and in Desert Storm and in Iraq/Afg and I still am. And I do not support the troops. The people who went did not have to go, they could have refused to go, but that would have required courage, to stand up and refuse, and face the consequences of doing so, and expose themselves to the direct point-blank fire of the real enemy, the military/industrial complex. The brave refused, the cowardly killed who they were told to kill, burning children alive with napalm if so ordered.

The necessary courage to stand up and say No, however, is an extreme measure of bravery, and I do not hold it against anyone for being unable to muster the courage to do so. In that sense, I support the troops, including my brother in law who is now totally disabled and living in poverty, after spending a few years fighting the Vietnamese and a few decades fighting the VA trying to squeeze the most fundamental of the promised benefits out of the batsards.

What is it about human beings, that docile farm boys from Iowa and Schleswig-Holstein can be so readily taught, in just a few weeks of brainwashing, to burn innocent children alive? I think it is because they are brought up, from early childhood, to place obedience to authority above human decency.
I applaud you for sticking to your principles and not hiding in the shadows like countless other Vietnam Protestors seem to have done. There is no shame in what you and the other protestors did. In fact, your actions were a valuable means of raising awareness of our out of control World Police presence. The bottom line is the only Military campaign that was justified in the past 100 years was half our involvement in WWII(to retaliate again the Japanese for Pearl Harbor).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies