Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM

78,718 posts, read 60,905,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
The NAACP will only stand up for minorities and that is what makes this organization racist! Can you name me a few incidents where the NAACP stood up for the white population! If you can name a few incidents then maybe I will be open to the fact that just maybe its not a racist organization.

However, I have tried to find the NAACP sticking up for the white population and it does not happen and this is clearly what racism is! Helping one group of people and refusing to help another group because of the color of their skin! I know a lot of poor white people that could use a group like this but could you imagine the outrage from the black community if the white population created an organization like this? This double standard is what makes it racist!!!!!
It was founded in 1910 to advocate for blacks in a racist society. Most of it's founders were white and there are white's on it's board of directors if anyone would care to look.

While racism in the US has seriously diminished, it is still around and blacks are generally on the short end of the stick in that regard. So, it's a private organization that collects money supporting causes important to it.

I personally don't get offended when the National Organization of Women gives out womens scholarships or the Knights of Columbus only let in Catholic Men or that the American Cancer Society doesn't give money to heart disease research either.

The importance and societal role of the NAACP has been in decline for the past 20+ years as is currently not all that relevant. I think that calling them racist when they were meant to serve as a counter to racism is ignorant to history and what is still the current environment.

Just stroll through some of the posts in the threads around here, there are still plenty of racists.

Personally I think the NAACP is a bunch or retards that have locked thier lips onto the hind end of the democratic party. As a result, they have little clout in politics since they won't actually cross party lines.

My opinions on race generally mirror that of Bill Cosby and he says some of the same things you do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM

130 posts, read 265,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It was founded in 1910 to advocate for blacks in a racist society. Most of it's founders were white and there are white's on it's board of directors if anyone would care to look.

While racism in the US has seriously diminished, it is still around and blacks are generally on the short end of the stick in that regard. So, it's a private organization that collects money supporting causes important to it.

I personally don't get offended when the National Organization of Women gives out womens scholarships or the Knights of Columbus only let in Catholic Men or that the American Cancer Society doesn't give money to heart disease research either.

The importance and societal role of the NAACP has been in decline for the past 20+ years as is currently not all that relevant. I think that calling them racist when they were meant to serve as a counter to racism is ignorant to history and what is still the current environment.

Just stroll through some of the posts in the threads around here, there are still plenty of racists.

Personally I think the NAACP is a bunch or retards that have locked thier lips onto the hind end of the democratic party. As a result, they have little clout in politics since they won't actually cross party lines.

My opinions on race generally mirror that of Bill Cosby and he says some of the same things you do.
I can agree with what you wrote.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:00 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,123,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Then we can assume that you are a major supporter of the NAACP just like Cosby!

argumentum ignorantiam

Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 PM

711 posts, read 1,514,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I hate to respond to the same post twice, but after giving it some thought I realize that all you are really doing in the above post is calling me a "race traitor."

I don't wish to upset you further, your type seems to be tightly wound in my experience, but I'm planning on having as many half-white, half-Mexican babies as I can.

Sorry if that pisses you off. Well not really.
Why would I care who you have sex with. I gave you the truth and the truth cannot be changed. From what I can see you made your bed now lay in it. I also cannot help that you feel like a race traitor. If thats how you covertly feel and define yourself well than thats your problem, please don,t place your inadequecies at my feet.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:29 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,147,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
Well, let me ask you this: In your opinion how is the problem fixed and how long can this group of people be attached to the slave legacy? At some point we have to say we have done just about everything we could do for them. I mean do we give them 50 more years or 300 years?
The things that (I think) are wrong with CERTAIN aspects of African-American culture (victimhood, glorifying crime, the general tackiness of materialistic "bling" attitudes, etc.) are their problems to solve. It is not for Whitey to tell them how to do it. They have to do it themselves for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is a concern of yours: so that they don't have a reason to blame anyone else if it fails. Any attempt from outside to do so would be viewed, not unreasonably, as patronizing.

Putting a gag on people like Al Sharpton wouldn't hurt. IMHO we need a lot more Toni Morrison and a lot less Al Sharpton.

Quote:
I guess I just see it different because I have plenty of African Americans living in my suburban Tampa neighborhood and they made nice lives for themselves and they attributed it to taking responsibility and being dedicated!
I grew up in Temple Terrace, at a time where the only black family there was a guy named Ohaegbulum on 113th street, and he was from Nigeria. Son became a pharmacist, if I recall. Growing up with him was one of the things that helped me understand that all the negative stereotypes about black people that I learned in childhood had NOTHING to do with the fact that people were black per se. My friend was nothing like the negative stereotypes of black people, he was, in fact, just the opposite. He helped me understand that it is not about race at all, it is about the environment people grow up in.

Quote:
I understand what you saying regarding grouping all blacks under the same bad umbrella however, the black community as a whole as some major issues that only they can fix!
See we do agree on something!

Quote:
And I think that may be where we differ. Anyway I would like to know what you think about how you get the average inner city black kid to start respecting himself, his neighborhood, valuing education, getting rid of the thug mentality.
Four things: education, education, education and the opportunity to use that education to make a living. Oh, and education. Schools serving traditionally black communities are traditionally underfunded and underserved by talented teachers. We need to create incentives for good teachers to teach in bad neighborhoods. Hazard pay FTW.

Quote:
Sure whites can be prone to crime however, its just not at the same rate as is in the black community! And I really think that blacks holding on to the slave legacy is causing more resentment from other races, but hey its only my opinion!
I think it causes less resentment than it does seem to justify some people's racism. I'm not talking about you, but some others in this thread seem all to eager to find some way to rationalize their fear and hatred.

Quote:
And shame on anyone for calling people like Bill Cosby an Uncle Tom..... He wants the thug mentality to end and good for him!
Stupid people come in all colors, unfortunately.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:32 PM

240 posts, read 538,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
You need to clear out the racist earwax, and you might do something about your tunnel vision, it is impairing your reading skills.
The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) was founded in 1940 under the leadership of Thurgood Marshall. Although LDF's primary purpose was to provide legal assistance to poor African Americans, its work over the has brought greater justice to all Americans.

he Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. (CBCF) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan public policy, research and educational institute that aims to help improve the socioeconomic circumstances of African Americans and other underserved communities.
As for the previously unmentioned League of United Latin American Citizens
The Mission of the League of United Latin American Citizens is to advance the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, housing, health and civil rights of the Hispanic population of the United States.
Is your argument that their aren't special needs of the Latin community that deserve addressing?

The logic of your argument would lead to arguing that the American Cancer Society is discriminatory against diabetics, or that the American Lung Association is discriminatory against suffers of kidney disease.

As I asked, and has yet to go unanswered, where to these organizations promote segregation, the inherent superiority of the groups that they represent, or the call for the discrimination and subjugation of those that they have not targeted as being beneficiaries of their efforts?

The question has gone unanswered because you know that they don't, but to make such a recognition would demolish the very premise that you and your ilk are attempting to foist on these forums.

Eyeroll indeed!
Interpret as you wish, and go troll somewhere else. You can't argue with published facts............ Replace the word "White" in any of the aforementioned organizations' mission statements and the group would immediately be hailed as "Racist" by the same groups that espouse racism in their own "mission" statements.......I can tell you hate being proven wrong.

Old 02-18-2010, 02:33 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,147,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillrunner View Post
Why would I care who you have sex with.
Oh but you do. Your racism is obvious enough from your post.

Quote:
I gave you the truth and the truth cannot be changed. From what I can see you made your bed now lay in it.
FYI, it's king size and she looks just like a younger version of Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Quote:
I also cannot help that you feel like a race traitor.
I don't. You do. I do not feel loyalty to a "race." But you do, it is evident in your previous post. The only real loyalty I recognize is to family, the Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of the State of Florida, all of which I swore to uphold and defend. Increasingly in recent years, I find myself defending them against people like you...

Quote:
If thats how you covertly feel and define yourself well than thats your problem, please don,t place your inadequecies at my feet.
Hilarious. Really.

Old 02-18-2010, 03:55 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,407,775 times
You know, the black experience in America is historically one of slavery. Now when they had their black is beautiful movement, and their own language movement, etc, some time back, this was a return to the primitive concept of blood; the pre-modern. The blond blue eyed devils, as one onced called them, the Nordic race, in the modern era was able to pull this off successfully (until an americanize nordic general defeated them) by the resonance of blood with one of the modern era's power of control or management techniques, the deployment of sexuality (with its ideal of sex-sex is a creation of the mind as it has meaning for humans, the act is just the physical but everything else is mental). Remember how a natural african "look" was encouraged, distinct (black) forms of sexuality, music, dress, etc? This was an attempt by blacks to manage or control, a power, if you will, their selves-not democratically, but by an oppressive power that played on their accidental characteristic of race-very nazi like. Of course the country did not take it too seriously, the nazis had to be taken seriously, but the black race in america, as a small group amongst so great a white mass would never be able to mount a movement as agressive as the aryan mythos. The aryan mythos was constructed on historical greatness, with the natural right given to it to rule (that is why all white is beautiful, white power movements, a promotion of white, etc are rejected strongly by the blacks and there is such a label of the white as always racists), the white does not resist the black movements too much because nothing can come of them in any great way. The black mythos, in this country, can only be built on slavery, that is its metaphysics, and as such, it can only use guilt and governmental power to achieve its end, which is not a greatness like the nazis constructed but by being slaves. The part of the black culture here that stays in poverty and governmental support are only living out their mythos that fails because they will never get the whole country to live out their dreams of themselves. The cure is to jump into the culture they live in and to succeed with this culture's mythos-to become american in the myth that reins here.

Old 02-18-2010, 04:33 PM

102 posts, read 138,980 times
There's a simple solution to any problems blacks face here: leave the country and return to Africa. That way, nothing can be blamed on the evil, racist white man. Now when blacks return to Africa, this means they will be getting NO assistance whatsoever from the white man, since he is the cause of all of their problems. Think how great this would be for the blacks. No more white man getting in the way or holding him back. He would be free to build his own schools, churches, businesses, etc.

Old 02-18-2010, 05:22 PM

530 posts, read 781,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kad86 View Post
There's a simple solution to any problems blacks face here: leave the country and return to Africa. That way, nothing can be blamed on the evil, racist white man. Now when blacks return to Africa, this means they will be getting NO assistance whatsoever from the white man, since he is the cause of all of their problems. Think how great this would be for the blacks. No more white man getting in the way or holding him back. He would be free to build his own schools, churches, businesses, etc.
And you need to hop on over to stormfront which is probably where you came from anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies