Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 07:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,111 times

Advertisements

I find this thread to be incredibly interesting. I've read it over and over again for the past few months, and now I've finally registered to voice my own opinion.

I am a teenage girl, I just completed my sophomore year and I will be turning 16 at the end of August.

From what I have seen there were no posts from my viewpoint on this thread, so, I'm going to fix that.

Anyway, here are my feelings:

It comes down to biology. Like it has been stated many times before, a male has to be aroused to have sex. He is obviously consenting. However- there are certain cases where a female teacher could use this to her advantage. I'm pretty sure that no matter what the circumstance is, a teenage boy will become aroused if a female teacher were to show sexual interest.

But, in most cases, the male would have to do the flirting and seducing to the point of having a female teacher want to sleep with him. That's just my opinion.

Now, with a female student and male teacher-
A male teacher is fully capable of forcing himself on a female student. It just comes to that.

However- as a student, I have seen girls act IMMENSELY slutty around a certain teacher of ours whom all the girls worship.

He is the girls' soccer coach, and he is, truthfully, very good looking. But he knows this, and his ego got big. Personally, I don't find him attractive anymore at all.

But the girls, at the end of the year, they would take pictures with him and treat it like their biggest treasure.

One of my friends that was on the soccer team would "drop her pencil" while wearing short skirts and a low cut top whenever she talked to him. It was so embarrassing.

But he soaks it all up. He hasn't actually done anything with anyone, I would know- whoever he would've done something with would be bragging about it seconds after.

Now, I feel like I can't take part in this conversation without admitting something- this year, I fell for a teacher, and I fell HARD. However, I am mature and understand limits. I'm more of a Hermione when it comes to my feelings, for those of you who are knowledgeable when it comes to Harry Potter, haha. For those that don't- I am silent with my feelings. I am hoping to talk with him after I graduate. If nothing happens, I'll leave it alone. I'm mature like that. That kind of thing is harmless.

The problem comes when girls and boys try to get into their teachers' pants. When a girl or boy is still under 18, and/or still in class with the teacher- it's wrong.

An interesting thing would be to find out how many teacher/student relationships actually turned into (successful) marriages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011, 09:57 AM

1,206 posts, read 2,928,041 times
I think its a double standard. Pedophile women are a fantasy while pedophile men is revolting.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:27 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
You know, women not being villified as much as men is a debate that's been going on for milleniums. Blamed, yes, villified, no.

How many James Bond movies have you come out of saying that Villian was hot! Not too many people have a lipstick smeared Blofeld poster on their wall. But a lot of guys liked Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct! How about Rebecca De Mornay in “The Hand Rocks The Cradle"? Ah that reminds me she also played M'lady De Winter. Two truly evil viperious women and all guys are thinking is I wonder how she is in bed? Women aren't ever perceived as a potential threat that men are. It's Old Testiment folks, a guy goes around bashing in heads all day long with a jawbone and who gets him? A woman, that's who!

Old 01-25-2011, 10:37 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,280,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
I think its a double standard. Pedophile women are a fantasy while pedophile men is revolting.
I remember a few cases in the USA where a teacher in her 30s had sex with her 11 year old boy student. She got pregnant and it made the news. She and the boy hugging even appeared in different magazine covers. Or that other teacher who didn’t look that bad, many considered her gorgeous, and also would sent naked pics to his boy students and then have sex with them. While in the USA I remember hearing comments such as “Oh, they are boys so call them lucky…come on, any boy would be happy to have that experience…let her be, she has feelings…if they love each other, why not respect their privacy?...” Not sure if people were enraged with her the same way they would if it was a male teacher who was doing that. Imagine if it was a male teacher sending nude pics to his girl students and had sex with them. Quite a different reaction from society, huh?

Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 AM

Women in general get a by in bad behavior. Especially hot women. In my circles men get shot down for the slightest disrespectful behavior. In a group forum we have a tight time limit for sharing. Men go over, they get interupted and told times up. I see women constantly go over and unless they triple the time limit men and women will simply, uncomfortably endure it. Nobody especially guys want to be percieved as "the bad guy" and this behavior translates to all sorts of social fuax pas. A man gets drunk and mouthy at a party, he's liable to get beat up by guys while the crowd cheers. A woman? Everybody tries to just endure it. Oh sure they'll bad mouth her, but the guy is in the hospitol! It's a double standard, like it or not!

Old 01-25-2011, 11:17 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Anybody remember this song by Bobby Goldsboro?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYHEBa6Xx48

Teenage boys having sex with older women, even teachers, just isn't the same as the other way around.

I think most boys will always look back on the deed as a good experience......that is just the way it is......so I just don't look at teenage boys as being "victims" when they have sex with a teacher.

Teenage boys are horny dogs.......not victims, IMO.......so it doesn't bother me at all if the female teachers aren't punished as severely as the men.

Old 01-25-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Teenage boys having sex with older women, even teachers, just isn't the same as the other way around.

I think most boys will always look back on the deed as a good experience......that is just the way it is......so I just don't look at teenage boys as being "victims" when they have sex with a teacher.

Teenage boys are horny dogs.......not victims, IMO.......so it doesn't bother me at all if the female teachers aren't punished as severely as the men.
So I guess women and society in general approves, say, a 40 year old woman sleeping with her 11 year old boyfriend just because she is a woman. But yeah, the law seems a bit softer with women, at least in the USA. Give her a slap on the wrist and let her go kind of thing.

What if it was a girl and an older guy who were in love, he took good care of her, etc. and had sex. You find that revolting?

Old 01-25-2011, 11:40 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
So I guess women and society in general approves, say, a 40 year old woman sleeping with her 11 year old boyfriend just because she is a woman. But yeah, the law seems a bit softer with women, at least in the USA. Give her a slap on the wrist and let her go kind of thing.

What if it was a girl and an older guy who were in love, he took good care of her, etc. and had sex. You find that revolting?
I don't consider an 11 year old a teenager.

Old 01-25-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I don't consider an 11 year old a teenager.
13 then

Old 01-25-2011, 02:02 PM

Say 14 and you're legal in 3 states!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies