Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 10:36 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,119,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
I'd like to see exactly how the actions of these white students (and plenty others on college campuses across the country) were in the slightest way provoked by swarms of anti-white hostility on the part of black students. Last I checked, there weren't many black fraternities going around throwing parties mocking the lower elements of white culture, or spreading crackers about, etc.

Again, on the one hand we're told to "get over it", while if we refuse to laugh along with these asinine "pranks" which keep reminding us of the "it" in the first place we're being crybabies, whiners, stuck in the past, etc.

Another interesting thing to note is that you don't see these pranks and parties targeted to Jews or Native Americans. I mean, what, no Holocaust bash? Or perhaps a Massacre at Wounded Knee-themed get together? I mean surely in the interest of diversity would we not want to leave these groups out, right?
Why was this directed at me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 12:01 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,241,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Everything you need to know about how I view it, you can read in post #41. No need to keep asking the same questions. I already told you why it's sad If you don't mind having more opponents, then that's great for you.
The only sad thing about this case is that these two young goons would have so much disdain for their fellow Americans and shipmates that they would go to such great lengths to make light of such a tragic episode of American history, especially one with such a personal connection to many of the black midshipmen and officers with whom and under whom they served.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Why was this directed at me?
How soon do we forget?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/13190952-post20.html

Old 03-08-2010, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
lighten up people,take a joke.A couple of teens painted certain words on a house and car owned by a black couple outside of Chattanooga last month.They decided not to pursue hate crime laws.And they should not have.It is vandals
Take a joke? You've got to be kidding me.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:19 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
I gave it the good old college try but couldn't REP you !

Old 03-08-2010, 12:29 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,302,693 times
Unlike the UCSD incident, this act was genuinely racist and malicious. This type of thing happens a lot in the South. It's a popular hazing rituals among universities in the South. They will place cotton balls all over a lawn and chain frat brothers with fake handcuffs and have them pick it up. The cotton ball on the lawn act is popular in the South. The University of Missouri is in Columbia not St. Louis. It is very much a Southern school and it's a member of the Big 12. Missouri is like Oklahoma. It's not a member of the deep South but it's still a part of the South.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,213,286 times
If being a jackass is now a felony, I suspect a lot of you will someday be sharing a bunk with these mooks.

Old 03-08-2010, 05:48 AM

646 posts, read 801,882 times
Quote:
No I am not kidding,blacks sure can dish it out but they can't take it.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 AM

694 posts, read 1,233,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
No I am not kidding,blacks sure can dish it out but they can't take it.
Painting "certain" words on the car and house of a black couple in Chattanooga is your idea of a joke, mary phagan?

If blacks would dish out slavery and lynchings to white folks sometimes in history, would you blame the whites for being a bit touchy about any signs that history might repeat itself, hon?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:40 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
KRCG: University of Missouri police have arrested two white naval midshipmen for spreading cotton balls in front of the campus’ black culture center.

Senior Zachary Tucker, 21, and freshmen Sean Fitzgerald, 19, were arrested Tuesday about 7:30 p.m., after authorities received an anonymous tip.

Breitbart.tv » Two Students Arrested for Cotton Ball ‘Hate Crime’
Or flip it around, would whites want to see some black teenagers arrested and charged with a felony for tossing around some crackers or Wonder bread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies