Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:38 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times

Advertisements

That is a fair question. If WorldCitizen will cease his Nancy Pelosi imitation, perhaps he or she will answer it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 10:48 AM

37 posts, read 127,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Can this legislation become a bigger farce than it already is?
NO, and believe me I am so fearful this will get rammed through instead of taking our time and doing what will be the right course of action to reign in rising health care costs.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It doesn't stop those who want to see reform stopped at all costs from simply making crap up about the bill. Once its passed and in action you will see that this made up bs from those who want reform to die is just that made up bs.
I'd bet you never actually read the full Senate bill to discover that most of the complaints are quite legitimate, have you? It is so much easier to just "smash" the opposition without reading the bill and baselessly accuse them of being false in their reasons for opposition.

If this is about "heathcare" they why are certain groups being exempted while others are being paid off? Why are 70+ new government agencies being created out of this?

Why must THIS bill be passed before making a move to cut the fraud taking place in Medicare today?

Why use the IRS as the enforcement arm?

Why force people who currently have private HSA's out of their plans?

No, this is not about healthcare, it is about the governement nationalizing the health insurance industry in the long-term.

It has never been consitutional for the government to force US citizens to purchase a commodity. Never.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:00 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
It doesn't stop those who want to see reform stopped at all costs from simply making crap up about the bill. Once its passed and in action you will see that this made up bs from those who want reform to die is just that made up bs.
The Associated Press: Experts say US doctors overtesting, overtreating

Experts now saying we are overdoing it with preventative medical care.
Coincidence this is now coming out on the verge of government subsidized health insurance ? Could it alter coverage and treatment ?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Being transparent or not has nothing to do with the righties, screaming, lying and trying to scare the ever living hell out of people.
I'm jumping in late (as usual) so forgive me if someone has already written this.

If it were transparent, and everyone could see what was in it, perhaps there wouldn't be any screaming?
Caveat emptor

Old 03-12-2010, 11:09 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
I'm jumping in late (as usual) so forgive me if someone has already written this.

If it were transparent, and everyone could see what was in it, perhaps there wouldn't be any screaming?
Caveat emptor
Or, perhaps the screaming would be much, much louder...the pitchforks would be marching.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:12 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The Associated Press: Experts say US doctors overtesting, overtreating

Experts now saying we are overdoing it with preventative medical care.
Coincidence this is now coming out on the verge of government subsidized health insurance ? Could it alter coverage and treatment ?
More likely an attempt to get torte reform addressed. Which, they won't.

People might be affective by pushing their state AG's to address torte reform. Some states have seen success in keeping OB-GYNs in their states by addressing the issue of torte reform at the state level.

Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
These are the idiots we want to charge of healthcare? They cant even get on the same page as their president. They have to have close door meetings to discuss a public view of healthcare while they have members of congress in the middle of corruption and ethics charges. They dont read stimilus bills what is going to make them read healthcare bills once they start running it.
Healthcare is broken but Government has already being dealing with healthcare legislation since they created medicare why do you think the industry is this way.
Pharma shouldn't be lobbying washington, doctors, lawyers, businesses because washington is full of people trying to "protect you from yourself"
It would be nice to have liberty for once I'm tired of Big government and businesses telling us what our options are and the prices.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:24 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,466,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post

Caveat emptor
Well, some of the reasons people are screaming is heroes they have told flat out lies, and they just stick with that. Casing point Palin's whole death panel garbage, and pulling the plug on Granny. What that actually was, is to allow you and your family to be able to discuss all of your options with a doctor when a loved one is seriously ill, and allow that consultation(s) to be billed to the insurance company. It was actually modeled after language some insurance companies that allow this sort of thing have. Its pretty clear cut and transparent, you get to discuss with a doctor all of your options when a loved one was seriously ill, yet didn't stop Palin from screaming death panel, which is something that stuck.

You have many examples like that throughout the bill, where the language is pretty clear cut, but you have those such as Palin, some GOP leaders, or those like Hannity, Limbaugh, Beck, etc flat out lying about what is in there.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
More likely an attempt to get torte reform addressed. Which, they won't.

People might be affective by pushing their state AG's to address torte reform. Some states have seen success in keeping OB-GYNs in their states by addressing the issue of torte reform at the state level.
I don't think torte reform is even in the bill. Although I could be wrong since there's been so many changes and so much misinformation and no REAL bill to read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies