Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 09:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So you just roll over and take the abuse. Good little citizen.
That's exactly what they want. Fear sells. Fear with a "solution" at hand sells even better.

Never have I ever heard so much about the health care industry as I have in the past year. It's become a hot issue because we've let it..the media induced frenzy is being pushed by the administration.

Bogus modelling numbers and guestimates are consensus driven to become "fact".

I don't say there's not a problem with runaway insurance but to hear it on the MSM..everyone is about to get deathly sick and keel over or survive only through bankruptcy. But if the government passes a bill, then flowers and lollipops and everyone magically becomes treatable and healthy and will live forever in the land of plenty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Do you want to know what abuse is?

Abuse is paying $360 every month for a Health Insurance Policy and then when you need care, you can't afford to pay the outrageous deductible.
So, you continue to pay monthly for that policy anyway because if you ever miss a payment and your policy is cancelled, you'll be uninsurable.

Abuse is being in an age group where employers look at the cost of your health insurance before making a hiring decision.
So, you go from temporary job to temporary job unable to find a job that will give you employer benefits.

You just keep your head in the sand. There are many, many people in the over 50 age group who are in my shoes...

and, btw, please don't talk to me.
What would your insurance premium and deductible be if the health care reform bill passed and you bought insurance through the exchange?

Old 03-12-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That's exactly what they want. Fear sells. Fear with a "solution" at hand sells even better.

Never have I ever heard so much about the health care industry as I have in the past year. It's become a hot issue because we've let it..the media induced frenzy is being pushed by the administration.

Bogus modelling numbers and guestimates are consensus driven to become "fact".

I don't say there's not a problem with runaway insurance but to hear it on the MSM..everyone is about to get deathly sick and keel over or survive only through bankruptcy. But if the government passes a bill, then flowers and lollipops and everyone magically becomes treatable and healthy and will live forever in the land of plenty.
Do they even know what their own cost will be? How many are under the false impression that they'll be getting free medical care?

Old 03-12-2010, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do they even know what their own cost will be? How many are under the false impression that they'll be getting free medical care?
The campaigning is very misleading. They quote some numbers with "subsidy" attached.

They will be surprised...$10K a year in premiums will be no more affordable then as it is today. They will not get $9.5K in subsidies.

If the government was going to give it away they could just expand medicaid and lower the age for medicare.

I did see your post asking what another poster thinks he's going to pay and I do wait for his reply. I'm interested to see his response.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
The campaigning is very misleading. They quote some numbers with "subsidy" attached.

They will be surprised...$10K a year in premiums will be no more affordable then as it is today. They will not get $9.5K in subsidies.

If the government was going to give it away they could just expand medicaid and lower the age for medicare.

I did see your post asking what another poster thinks he's going to pay and I do wait for his reply. I'm interested to see his response.
There hasn't even been any definitive listing of what medical care will be covered by the exchange health insurance policies, and yet people insist they want the health care bill to pass.

Again, I think they are just assuming anything and everything they want will be covered.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:46 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
the same people who are so radically against "passing the bill" support the very same issues that are contained in the bill,

So why doesn't she talk about the specifics of the program and explain it to the public?
What is she afraid of?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
the same people who are so radically against "passing the bill" support the very same issues that are contained in the bill,

So why doesn't she talk about the specifics of the program and explain it to the public?
What is she afraid of?
It's not that she's afraid. I think she just doesn't know.
Probably crafted by the lobbyists and will be signed off by the idiots we sent to DC to represent us.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,048,783 times
Default I support a Medicare BUY IN for all...

Quote:

You know, I'm more than a little tired of both of you. You seem to follow my posts...

YOU people are so worried that someone may get something for nothing.... not the rest of us.

You are so blind that you can't see the forest for the trees.

If it were up to me, the Insurance Companies would no longer be in the equation. We would have Universal Health Care.

America is the only 1st world country that doesn't have Universal Health Care.

I'm going to tell you this one final time. I'm not looking for a hand out. And, I'm sick and tired of your inference.

I don't intend to answer any more of either of your posts. You feel free to talk among yourselves about my posts, o.k.???

We just need to agree to disagree.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
You know, I'm more than a little tired of both of you. You seem to follow my posts...

YOU people are so worried that someone may get something for nothing.... not the rest of us.

You are so blind that you can't see the forest for the trees.

If it were up to me, the Insurance Companies would no longer be in the equation. We would have Universal Health Care.

America is the only 1st world country that doesn't have Universal Health Care.

I'm going to tell you this one final time. I'm not looking for a hand out. And, I'm sick and tired of your inference.

I don't intend to answer any more of either of your posts. You feel free to talk among yourselves about my posts, o.k.???

We just need to agree to disagree.
The question was asked what you think you will be paying in premiums under this bill. Since you are very FOR this bill, I didn't consider it out of line. How much more affordable will insurance be for you under this bill; do you know ?

Old 03-12-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:

YOU people are so worried that someone may get something for nothing....
You misunderstand.
What I'm worried about is that people who support the Dem Congress in cramming the health care reform bill down our throats think they're going to be getting something for nothing. They're not. The problem is MANY of them are not aware of that fact. They blindly support it without having any idea how much it will cost them.

The only reasonable way for each person to evaluate their insurance cost under the health care reform bill is to look at the cost and the percentage of their income that cost represents in the last column of the CBO charts (page 29 here: http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/107xx/doc...0-Premiums.pdf) and consider how much more or less they would be paying for insurance through the government exchange if this bill passes and their employer dumps their insurance plan because it's cheaper to pay the fine than to continue to subsidize their employees' insurance.

Keep in mind, though, that there is STILL no definitive list of exactly what medical care an exchange insurance policy would cover. The government decides that, and can change that at will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies