Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:03 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
She talked about preventative care, you do realize preventative care means things like annual checkups, screenings, etc. Something that many Americans do not have access to, and something that is extremely important at catching potential diseases and illnesses early in the process and before they happen.
So Americans don't have access to dr offices? I guess they shut them all down along with the clinics? Or is it that they don't want to shell out $100 for an office visit when they could put that money towards a flat screen tv?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 09:16 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
She, like many of the liberals is a complete and utter fool, if they think we are all this stupid.

We may as well buy a home sight unseen, make payments on it for ten years without being able to live in it for the first four years.

I'm at the point where I have lost any respect for the democratic party, and anyone who claims membership to it.

The political process behind these health care bills has been completely disgusting; the bribes to certain legislators, the exclusions give to certain special interest groups, the repugnant deal making and lies and deceptions all come together to paint a very ugly portrait of the president and the democratic establishment in Washington.

Both health care bills are so tainted from the despicable political process by democrats, that they need to be tossed out.

I don't think the president, his administration, or the democrats in office can go a week without one of them urinating on the trust of American people. I cannot wait for the giant flushing sound to occur this November.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:21 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
She, like many of the liberals is a complete and utter fool, if they think we are all this stupid.

We may as well buy a home sight unseen, make payments on it for ten years without being able to live in it for the first four years.

I'm at the point where I have lost any respect for the democratic party, and anyone who claims membership to it.

The political process behind these health care bills has been completely disgusting; the bribes to certain legislators, the exclusions give to certain special interest groups, the repugnant deal making and lies and deceptions all come together to paint a very ugly portrait of the president and the democratic establishment in Washington.

Both health care bills are so tainted from the despicable political process by democrats, that they need to be tossed out.

I don't think the president, his administration, or the democrats in office can go a week without one of them urinating on the trust of American people. I cannot wait for the giant flushing sound to occur this November.
The fools are those who are against this effort and have not taken the time to find out what is actually in the bill. Anybody on this board has the ability to do that. Many don't want to find out, they prefer to listen to the people that tell them what they want to hear.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
She talked about preventative care, you do realize preventative care means things like annual checkups, screenings, etc. Something that many Americans do not have access to, and something that is extremely important at catching potential diseases and illnesses early in the process and before they happen.
Either you are not making your point very clear, or you are making a ridiculous claim that people do not have access to a doctor or a clinic.

BTW, I wish democrats would make up their minds, are mammograms viewed as a preventive screening, "something that is extremely important at catching potential diseases and illnesses early in the process and before they happen", or are the wasting resources and we need to schedule them later in life?

Old 03-11-2010, 09:31 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Default Remember the Name

This list of Dems will be forever emblazoned in history for their stand on health care.

List is located at dickmorris.com

DickMorris.com

I hope at some point of sobriety, the story of Obamacare is disected to becomes a two semester course in high school and college history classes.

To approve a bill without knowing the full implication and impact on the very people claimed to be represented by these 51 men and women will be considered a criminal act carried out with malice.

Any Dem that votes against Obamacare will be revered and held up as a patriot and viable candidate in the 2010 elections.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
The fools are those who are against this effort and have not taken the time to find out what is actually in the bill. Anybody on this board has the ability to do that. Many don't want to find out, they prefer to listen to the people that tell them what they want to hear.
At this point it does not even matter what is in the bill, the bribes, kickbacks and special exclusions for special groups clearly illustrate that the people writing this legislation are not concerned with the the well being of the American people, they have shown that they are only concerned with attending to the interests of special political groups. The entire process stinks of graft and corruption, and if people have seen this ugliness and they still support it, then they are either fools, or they are blind partisan hacks.

Last edited by Wapasha; 03-11-2010 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: American people

Old 03-11-2010, 09:41 AM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
At this point it does not even matter what is in the bill, the bribes, kickbacks and special exclusions for special groups clearly illustrate that the people writing this legislation are not concerned with the the well being of the American, they have shown that they are only concerned with attending to the interests of special political groups. The entire process stinks of graft and corruption, and if people have seen this ugliness and they still support it, then they are either fools, or they are blind partisan hacks.
Exactly!

Old 03-11-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
This list of Dems will be forever emblazoned in history for their stand on health care.

List is located at dickmorris.com

DickMorris.com

I hope at some point of sobriety, the story of Obamacare is disected to becomes a two semester course in high school and college history classes.

To approve a bill without knowing the full implication and impact on the very people claimed to be represented by these 51 men and women will be considered a criminal act carried out with malice.

Any Dem that votes against Obamacare will be revered and held up as a patriot and viable candidate in the 2010 elections.
Agreed!

I'm past the point of even discussing the merits of the various parts of either health care bill. The process has been rife with corruption and deceit, and it no longer matters what is in it. The process has been so disgusting that it has tainted the fundamental fiber of the bill. Its like trying to build a home out of rotting wood, arguing the merits of the floor plan is a waste of time.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:59 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Maybe Pelosi will promise lucrative lobbyist positions to those who agree to sacrifice themselves for a 'yea' vote.
Not going to be much good when they lose the majority, and she loses HER job.

Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You dont approve of healthy habits, I take it.
I believe that the government has no right to force me to behave in a certain way, by passing legislation that they feel will change my behavior, or outlaw what I currently do. That's for me to decide. If I want to live a healthy lifestyle, I'm free to do that. If I want to live a life of complete and utter decadence, I'm free to do that also. Particularly since the govt has no common sense, and wouldn't know a good idea if it jumped up and bit them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies