Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalit View Post
If that horrid hag Pelosi, not to mention President Obama had BEEN TRANSPARENT it wouldn't matter what anybody screamed or lied about. There would be the hearings on C span to watch. You know the TRUTH. But Obama has hidden this crap for a reason. People have the right to scream at this being rammed down our throats. The Obama admin is disgraceful and hopefully will fail! I can't wait until November. They are going to have the arses handed to them for this behavior.
Are the bills not available online?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatersalit View Post
If that horrid hag Pelosi, not to mention President Obama had BEEN TRANSPARENT it wouldn't matter what anybody screamed or lied about. There would be the hearings on C span to watch. You know the TRUTH. But Obama has hidden this crap for a reason. People have the right to scream at this being rammed down our throats. The Obama admin is disgraceful and hopefully will fail! I can't wait until November. They are going to have the arses handed to them for this behavior.
Even when shown the truth the Republicans still lie about this and that. This has had coverage for over a year and talked about or decades. The idea that this is being rammed down the throats is just a talking point. The GOP will pick up seats, but not nearly as much as you probably think, the ratings for the GOp are HORRID and actually worse tha the Dems.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Default Wow, a rightwinger who wants to know more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I'd like to know the full context of the quote, but regardless of whether this particular quote is out of context or not, Pelosi is as about as out of touch with the country and as dangerous as one can be. I'd like to believe that she'll be losing her job come November, but I don't know - the San Francisco crowd seems to love her.
“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.” – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, speaking at the 2010 Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties, 3/9/10

Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,019,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Oh dear, her point was to show that once the bill passes you will see that much of the controversy and scare tactics that some throw at it were just that scare tactics and not true....
Are you sure about that? Then tell us what's in the bill...

Stupak agreement? No one knows.

Lousiana Purchase, Cornhusker kickback? No one knows.

Public option? No one knows.

Portability? Tort reform? No one knows.

It's all up in the air as it goes through reconciliation. But I guess you're comfortable with a trillion + package being passed, and finding out after the fact. Some of us are not.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:33 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.” – House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, speaking at the 2010 Legislative Conference for National Association of Counties, 3/9/10
I've already posted that quote in this thread. Note how Pelosi stresses controlling disease-inducing behavior, not the medical treatment of disease.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
Are you sure about that? Then tell us what's in the bill...

Stupak agreement? No one knows.

Lousiana Purchase, Cornhusker kickback? No one knows.

Public option? No one knows.

Portability? Tort reform? No one knows.

It's all up in the air as it goes through reconciliation. But I guess you're comfortable with a trillion + package being passed, and finding out after the fact. Some of us are not.
The Stupak agreement as written in the House is not in the bill, however the language in the Senate Bill bans public funding for abortions. What is not banned is private insurance companies covering abortion, which is what the far reaching effects of the Stupak amendment does.

The Louisiana Purchase & Cornhusker kickback are things that will be removed through the Reconciliation Process. the Public Option is something that might occur through Reconciliation as well. Its not written in the Senate bill, but a push is under way to get it done.

The others could go through the Reconciliation Process as well, if they have enough protections in them (such as buying across state lines, as long as if requirements are put in place so it isn't a rush to the bottom).

Old 03-10-2010, 03:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The Stupak agreement as written in the House is not in the bill, however the language in the Senate Bill bans public funding for abortions. What is not banned is private insurance companies covering abortion, which is what the far reaching effects of the Stupak amendment does.

The Louisiana Purchase & Cornhusker kickback are things that will be removed through the Reconciliation Process. the Public Option is something that might occur through Reconciliation as well. Its not written in the Senate bill, but a push is under way to get it done.

The others could go through the Reconciliation Process as well, if they have enough protections in them (such as buying across state lines, as long as if requirements are put in place so it isn't a rush to the bottom).
Do you not know that the bill that the Senate passed is much longer than the one the House passed? Do you really think that passing it again in the Senate by Reconciliation will make any difference?

As it stands now the House must pass what the Senate passed before and if they accept the whole thing there will be no need for anything but the left handed signing by Obama for it to become law. The problem is that Nancy is having trouble getting the votes without some kind of meeting between conference committees. What in hell is all this reconciliation talk? The Senate has already passed that abortion and needs only the House to approve it as written and passed.

I think that this whole thing is being used to keep our minds from what really is true so they can slip it through while we watch Dirty Harry talk about reconciliation.

Old 03-10-2010, 03:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Are the bills not available online?
Which bill do we need reconciliation to pass? Why bother reading the version that the Congress is not ordered to pass by March 18 when only Obama and the people in his White House know which one that is? I am not sure that I could read all 2700 pages of the Reid bill and know what I had just read. Is there a reason that they have to be so long? I know there is but sure wish someone would tell me what it is just in case I am wrong.

Old 03-10-2010, 04:09 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Pelosi actually dumber than Palin, whodathunkit???

Old 03-10-2010, 04:12 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Pelosi actually dumber than Palin, whodathunkit???
Whodathunk anyone would notice. LOL

Why does this bill have to be such a shell game? I want to know how much the fine is if you go without and that will be what we have to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies