Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:22 PM

289 posts, read 311,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader14 View Post
I just heard on the news the traitors in the congress voted down a resolution that would have allowed people to opt out of getting health insurance. FKN TRAITORS! GOD THESE PEOPLE INFURIATE ME! What the hell harm could it have done!? It ain't like it was a REQUIREMENT like that son of a female dog hussein obama is forcing people to get it it was an opt out because we don't want it!
Surely even you understand that expanding the pool to all Americans was one of the primary purposes of the bill, dare I say even the key point. Why would they opt to gut the bill right after passing it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,014,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
"Hang"? Rather than making violent references, how about just voting your representative out of office if you don't like him? That might be a wiser choice.
I was being figurative. Either way, I've already stated that my Congressman Ann Kirkpatrick won't even be a choice for me now.

148 posts, read 169,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Such as? Please, do tell.
I don't think so.

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Because I'm young, healthy, and rarely ever see a doctor. If I don't want insurance, I don't want insurance. Why is it your business? Why are you concerned about what I'm doing? I won't die if I don't have insurance.
Oh I see. You are young and healthy and ignorant. Well, at least you will grow out of it someday.

No, you won't die. Because society will pick up the tab for you when you end up needed treatment for something. Interestingly enough, in a perfect world..the one you want to live in..you could die.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Right wingers do. Don't say you're not one.
Well first off tell me what YOU consider a right winger and I can tell you yes or no. I RARELY agree 100% with any ideology or political group.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,703,970 times
Quote:
Because I'm young, healthy, and rarely ever see a doctor. If I don't want insurance, I don't want insurance. Why is it your business? Why are you concerned about what I'm doing? I won't die if I don't have insurance.
Don't be so sure. One car accident or major illness can kill you and/or force you into bankruptcy. A few years ago, I was totally healthy but caught pneumonia and came close to dying from it. Total bill for two weeks in the hospital: About $110,000. If I didn't have insurance, I would have been in serious financial trouble.

Going without health insurance seems like a very foolish thing to do.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,853,731 times
Quote:
And I don't want my tax dollars to go towards subsidizing corporations or towards funding wars. But I was never given a choice. Where were you until now?

Old 03-22-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfor View Post
Surely even you understand that expanding the pool to all Americans was one of the primary purposes of the bill, dare I say even the key point. Why would they opt to gut the bill right after passing it?
Why not just give people the CHOICE in getting insurance. You are not going to force me to get something I do not want.

Libs want to complain we are forcing our christian ideas on america yet hear they are doing the same thing to the entire country!

Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Quote:
Why not just give people the CHOICE in getting insurance. You are not going to force me to get something I do not want.

Libs want to complain we are forcing our christian ideas on america yet hear they are doing the same thing to the entire country!
Fess up, your screen name...you really are 14 aren't you. I raised teens, I recoginze the signs.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
I just heard on the news the traitors in the congress voted down a resolution that would have allowed people to opt out of getting health insurance. FKN TRAITORS! GOD THESE PEOPLE INFURIATE ME! What the hell harm could it have done!? It ain't like it was a REQUIREMENT like that son of a female dog hussein obama is forcing people to get it it was an opt out because we don't want it!
I just did a google search and could find nothing of the kind. Maybe The Onion now broadcasts on radio/TV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies