Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times

Advertisements

Liberals get repped more. I find that interesting. More interesting than this thread. It's not particularly political or controversial.

Military leaders visit war zones.

OMG, that is just so POLITICAL and CONTROVERSIAL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2010, 01:26 PM

79 posts, read 94,200 times
If the Democrat Clinton would have capture Osama in the 90's when they had the chance we would not be talking about war.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:30 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Where were you during the Bush years? This is a debacle that he could have been fixed and he did not. Ask the Soviets about Afghanistan and whether it is a war worth fighting. He will waste thousands of US lives and it will be for nothing. Only a fool would think this will accomplish anything but wasting US lives. Is Afghanistan going to be a thriving Democracy with an army able to secure it's borders, fight off foreign backed terrorist, become a thriving economy besides drug exports. If we stay we stay forever If/when we leave with our tails between our legs how do we justify our loss of lives? many people were against bush when he took us to war. the outcome of any war is never certain. Are those same people against it now that it is Obama's war? Funny how things change when it is your man in the White House. The hypocrisy is truly indefensible. Yes, the same people are still against the war, that doesn't change because of who is president.

That is the problem where too many people won't face the facts, Afghanistan is futile, Iraq was tough but worth fighting and was won. They have an potential viable economy that will support a military that can be successful in establishing a Democracy that will influence their surrounding countries. this is complete opinion, many of us think it was not a war worth fighting and doubt it will ever be a democracy that will influence other countries around them. It is my opinion and many others. Show me evidence to the contrary and I will listen. If it will never be a Democracy and always a haven for terrorist in it's borders and the surrounding nations what is the point of losing so many lives? I'm listening. that is the point, there is NO point to us losing so many lives. it is a country of tribes that have disliked one another for hundreds of years. you think because we show them the way the in fighting will end? the longer we stay the more enemies we make from, perhaps once supportive local population. our bombs and troops kill their sons, brothers, wives and children with our collateral damage. that is a hurt and anger that can carry through the generations. just because we think democracy is the way to go doesn't mean they do. we should of never been in there in the first place.

Afghanistan does not and never will. End of story. A complete waste of lives and Obama owns it from now until the last dead soldier is shipped back home in a coffin. war IS a waste of lives both ours and the people we kill, especially the innocent civilians. every president that goes to war has a heavy burden to carry. you want obama to cut out of afghanistan and leave bin laden to roam unchecked the man responsible for 9-11?
We are doing very little in Afghanistan and most that will admit know that to be the truth. The terrorist are free to roam the entire area in and out through all the borders. Unless we are willing to occupy Afghanistan and the surrounding nations forever it is a waste of lives. I am not a military strategist. why we do things 1/2 ass and with faulty equipment is another thread. we do a whole lot covertly I wish we were more successful at it.

How many lives will it take to secure the entire area when the nations their turn a blind eye and in many cases support them in reality?

you could pose that same question for iraq.

Once agin I say reality sucks but it is still reality!
we have lost far to many of our young people to both wars.

Old 03-28-2010, 03:58 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Your president Bush started the Afghanistan war 8 years ago, and what did he accomplish during those 8 years?

Nothing !!! He ignored the war ... and sent most of our troops into Iraq !!!

At least Obama is making an ACTUAL ATTEMPT at winning this war.

You know ... the war against the people who ACTUALLY ATTACKED US on 9/11?

Remember them?
I did not know I was a big supporter of Bush. Thanks for telling me this. Bsuh was a liberal who spent the money nearly as bad as any president- except Barry the First.

Attacking Afganistan was ill advised. It should be a war of special forces and drones, as the terrain and political environment does not make it one for conquest. It is a war that cannot be won, only contained. That is why you do not commit conventional ground troops in force.

Obama's "attempt to win this war" will end the same way, one way or another. The only thing that is different is that he does not have the strategic sense to know the ultimate outcome. The end result is more Americans killed for nothing. Thanks Barry- Nobel Peace Prize Winner.

Old 03-28-2010, 04:12 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,795,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
wow. that was incredibly mean.
Not only incredibly mean, but incredibly hypocritical. These same posters were waving their pom poms in a frenzy during the entire Iraq Conflict. So this sudden new found concern for service members and their families is a little hard to stomach.

Last edited by bily4; 03-28-2010 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies