Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 07:18 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,899 times

Advertisements

You responded alright, but in a child like -"its me or the highway" answer that you've been using throughout this thread.

Luckily, reality isn't based on your 'rules' that you've set for yourself.

In the real world, women get pregnant on purpose and by accident. Even using EVERY damn birth control method known to man, there can be the remote possibility that she can get pregnant.

Sex is important to health, mental health, and vitality. It's not a sin, like most people want to make it out to be.

Yes there are consequences, but there are consequences in everything we do in life.

Drive a car and wear you seatbelt? - it still doesn't prevent you from getting into an accident that will still end up killing you. IT lessens that possibility, but wearing a seatbelt, doesn't protect you 100% of the time.

this is the part you have shown that you do not understand: PRO-CHOICE doesn't mean pro-abortion; it means that YOU and the GOVT stay out of women's personal lives and let them MAKE their own decisions on how to deal with their own bodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 07:26 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
You responded alright, but in a child like -"its me or the highway" answer that you've been using throughout this thread.

In the real world, women get pregnant on purpose and by accident. Even using EVERY damn birth control method known to man, there can be the remote possibility that she can get pregnant.

Sex is important to health, mental health, and vitality. It's not a sin, like most people want to make it out to be.

Yes there are consequences, but there are consequences in everything we do in life.

Drive a car and wear you seatbelt? - it still doesn't prevent you from getting into an accident that will still end up killing you. IT lessens that possibility, but wearing a seatbelt, doesn't protect you 100% of the time.

this is the part you have shown that you do not understand: PRO-CHOICE doesn't mean pro-abortion; it means that YOU and the GOVT stay out of women's personal lives and let them MAKE their own decisions on how to deal with their own bodies.

can't rep this post enough. people have sex. pro choice is about the option of giving birth, adoption or abortion. a woman's choice is about her right to privacy and her right to control her own reproductive body

Old 06-20-2010, 08:51 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,706 times
Quote:
Technically, just about everyone in this thread or on this forum for that matter responds in that sort of "its me or the highway" sort of way. There is no convincing you either, because you also believe it is you or nothing else. Am I wrong?

Quote:
Reality is based in 'rules' or 'laws' that people set for other people. At the moment my 'rules' aren't the law so your right it isn't reality but people do influence reality by putting laws in place saying you can do this or you can't do that.

Quote:
I never said it was a sin, and I am a virgin and am the healthiest in my family, much healthier than those having sex, so I think saying it is important to our health is a bunch of hogwash.

Quote:
Exactly thats what I have been trying to say. I don't see how we should be allowed to choose what our consequence should be if we make the choice to have sex (or do anything for that matter)

Quote:
And if the person gets into a car accident while wearing a seat belt but driving recklessly do you believe he should then get somebodies donated organs even though he was reckless?

Quote:
I have already stated my views on this. Pro-choice is pro-abortion, because those who are pro-life are not all of a sudden pro-choice just because they choose to have a baby or put it up for adoption, no one is trying to outlaw that. The one thing that sets the "pro-choicers" apart from others is their view on abortion and thats why I believe pro-choice is just a cover for the less nice sounding pro-abortion.

Happy?

Last edited by JohKnip; 06-20-2010 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: some people can't do a little work and respond to how I respond to posts

Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post

because you can't use the quote function propertly, this is what happens when one quotes your repliles.

Care to edit your above response so that one can ANSWER you directly?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
because you can't use the quote function propertly, this is what happens when one quotes your repliles.

Care to edit your above response so that one can ANSWER you directly?
People have responded to quotes of me like this before in this thread. Its not that hard to respond to this just copy paste if you have anything meaningful to say.

Just an example if you think i'm lying http://www.city-data.com/forum/14545521-post164.html

Old 06-20-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
People have responded to quotes of me like this before in this thread. Its not that hard to respond to this just copy paste if you have anything meaningful to say.
To reply, your post must be easily quotable.

This is how you quote and reply

{ quote } content you are referencing from an author {/quote}

YOUR ANSWER goes here.

Not bolded within the quote, like you've been doing. I don't care how OTHERS do it, I find it to be inconsiderate to post your reply within a quote, when it will only take you a few seconds to close the quote and add your reply, because all it looks like is you're emphasizing something in the quote and NOT adding anything of your reply

Answers goes outside of a quote. Otherwise it looks like you're editing and adding to someone else's quote that they did not say.

Its not rocket science.

So please edit your reply so that its EASY to reply to.

And I'll repeat this again, since YOU obviously have no idea what pro-choice is; not what you have defined it to be:

PRO-CHOICE doesn't mean pro-abortion; it means that YOU and the GOVT stay out of women's personal lives and let them MAKE their own decisions on how to deal with their own bodies.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:19 PM

Quote:
To reply, your post must be easily quotable.

This is how you quote and reply

{ quote } content you are referencing from an author {/quote}

YOUR ANSWER goes here.

Not bolded within the quote, like you've been doing. I don't care how OTHERS do it, I find it to be inconsiderate to post your reply within a quote, when it will only take you a few seconds to close the quote and add your reply, because all it looks like is you're emphasizing something in the quote and NOT adding anything of your reply

Answers goes outside of a quote. Otherwise it looks like you're editing and adding to someone else's quote that they did not say.

Its not rocket science.

So please edit your reply so that its EASY to reply to.
You do realize I would have to do the exact same thing in order to please you because I respond line by line (copy and paste)? Whatever i'm curious as to how you will respond anyway but consider this a one time favor for you, when I respond to each sentence (basically) in a post I do it in the way that is most convenient for me.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 PM

Quote:
You do realize I would have to do the exact same thing in order to please you because I respond line by line (copy and paste)? Whatever i'm curious as to how you will respond anyway but consider this a one time favor for you, when I respond to each sentence (basically) in a post I do it in the way that is most convenient for me.

No, it won't

All you do is:
1) hit Edit
2) where you didn't bold put {/quote}
3) at the end of your bold reply you put {quote}

Repeat until you get to the end.

replace {} with []

-- and if you practice doing that for every reply, you get used to it, and find adding in the end quotes to be very easy, and non intrusive

also:

PRO-CHOICE doesn't mean pro-abortion; it means that YOU and the GOVT stay out of women's personal lives and let them MAKE their own decisions on how to deal with their own bodies.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:21 PM

Quoted from Arus.

You responded alright, but in a child like -"its me or the highway" answer that you've been using throughout this thread. Technically, just about everyone in this thread or on this forum for that matter responds in that sort of "its me or the highway" sort of way. There is no convincing you either, because you also believe it is you or nothing else. Am I wrong?

Luckily, reality isn't based on your 'rules' that you've set for yourself. Reality is based in 'rules' or 'laws' that people set for other people. At the moment my 'rules' aren't the law so your right it isn't reality but people do influence reality by putting laws in place saying you can do this or you can't do that.

Sex is important to health, mental health, and vitality. It's not a sin, like most people want to make it out to be. I never said it was a sin, and I am a virgin and am the healthiest in my family, much healthier than those having sex, so I think saying it is important to our health is a bunch of hogwash.

Yes there are consequences, but there are consequences in everything we do in life. Exactly thats what I have been trying to say. I don't see how we should be allowed to choose what our consequence should be if we make the choice to have sex (or do anything for that matter)

Drive a car and wear you seatbelt? - it still doesn't prevent you from getting into an accident that will still end up killing you. IT lessens that possibility, but wearing a seatbelt, doesn't protect you 100% of the time. And if the person gets into a car accident while wearing a seat belt but driving recklessly do you believe he should then get somebodies donated organs even though he was reckless?

this is the part you have shown that you do not understand: PRO-CHOICE doesn't mean pro-abortion; it means that YOU and the GOVT stay out of women's personal lives and let them MAKE their own decisions on how to deal with their own bodies. I have already stated my views on this. Pro-choice is pro-abortion, because those who are pro-life are not all of a sudden pro-choice just because they choose to have a baby or put it up for adoption, no one is trying to outlaw that. The one thing that sets the "pro-choicers" apart from others is their view on abortion and thats why I believe pro-choice is just a cover for the less nice sounding pro-abortion.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
eiddt junk
OMG... I SAID TO EDIT Your reply.

JohKnip before you go any further, I suggest that you use the "Help" section of the forum so you get used to the BBCodes that are used here. If one can't take the simple initiative to learn how quote and reply properly, then don't expect anyone to engage you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies