Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 11:02 PM

199 posts, read 319,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yes, I know it's stated ad nauseum that children who were molested often become the molesters. However, I don't believe that it's ALWAYS true, and I don't find that to be a viable excuse for their own behavior. Like it or not, some people are just born with something wrong with them and it can't always be fixed. What about all the kids who are molested and DON'T harm others???
Well,,, You do make a "POPULAR" point in this paragraph, but I am not exactly sure, "that popular" is valid.

I myself, being a victim of molestation, can honestly say, I have NEVER even came close to "following in the family tradition"!!!!!!!!!!!!

But at the same time, "I do see how one is completely FU!@#$ up over the ordeal", I WAS!! BUT, I do not subscribe to the adage that it "makes things excusable". Plain & simple, you harm a child, you are the WORST our society has to offer!!!!!!!!!

I did grow up and lead a relatively normal life. But I have also spoken with numerous other victims of child molestation, and NONE of them have molested other children, NOT A SINGLE ONE!!!

So I am inclined to believe that this haneous practice is not carried out by those previously victimized, but rather by those with no SOUL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2010, 11:22 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Wow what a desperate act. It is so horrible that he would take such an action towards his son. How could you turn a def ear to the pleadings of your child? Where do people get to the point they resort to such violent behavior as their solution? Is there no humanity left in people? I don't defend the actions of the boy, but like the father I don't know what those actions were? why did no one intervene during this episode? How sad.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:23 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,605,252 times
While I cannot condone the father's behavior, I find it difficult to believe that this was the first time the 15yr old has been caught doing "inappropriate" things, either with his sister or perhaps even other children. Since the story did not indicate the father had a history of beating or otherwise abusing his son, we have to believe that this was a spectacularly different pattern of behavior for him. People do not snap from average father to executioner over a single event. The mindset to commit this level of punishment is something people have to work themselves up to, usually over a long period of time or by gradually increasing actions cumulating in such a drastic action.

There is much more to this story than we know at this time. Do we know that the parents haven't been trying to get help for the boy and went to this action out of desperation?

Old 04-16-2010, 11:34 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,699,609 times
This is one of the most disturbing things I have read in a LONG time. I can't even begin to decide what is right and wrong, there is WAY too much grey area in this case. Frankly I'd probably shoot the father for cold-blooded murder and shoot the mother because she allowed this to happen.

I don't condone molestation nor do I condone murder and the mother seems just as guilty as the father in this. Shoot them all and I'd sleep better at night.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:44 PM

199 posts, read 319,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyAZ View Post
there is WAY too much grey area in this case.
GREY!!!, is the problem.

Too many times I have heard about the "black and white" of the world!!!!

The truth is, the world is not one of color, there is no black & white.

The world is one of "right & wrong", and the situation doesn't make one situation "right" over the other.

Wrong is "wrong", no matter how you look at it, the above view lacks "INTEGRITY"

Old 04-16-2010, 11:55 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
A 15 year old IS a little boy or girl. Are you NUTS?
Would a trained police officer have a gun pointed at him by a 10yr old who refused to comply, I expect he will shoot and kill that child, and I would never convict him.

How are civilians, largely untrained, supposed to deal with real threats when they come from minors? The elderly woman raped and murdered by a 14 yr old presumed she was dealing with a boy. Her way didn't work out so well.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:10 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,768,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Makes you wonder how much abuse the 15 year old endured, many pedophiles were abused themselves as children. How many of mom's lovers might have done the same to him and now one has killed him. Maybe when the mom is more intent on having men in her life, the child custody should be given to the fathers. When fathers are given custody, there are less problems of abuse of the children because it's mom's new men who pose the most risk.
Who cares. If you are 15 and messing with your 3 year old sister, you deserve to be taken out back and shot as far as I am concerned.

Old 04-17-2010, 01:05 AM

11,253 posts, read 11,025,570 times
It's been quite a while since I've seen this many divided opinions on a CD thread. Regardless of how everybody feels, and their opinions regarding the matter, this is one of the saddest stories I have read about lately.

If I read the OP correctly, the child admitted to his mother that he had "innapropriate contact" with the 3 y/o. With the self admittence, I see this as a cry for help from the child. I agree with the many people that believe that there are a lot of unknown facts about this case. I doubt that this was a "normal" household under any reasonable definition.

While there is no excuse for child molestation, this act by the father was insanely extreme to say the least. It kind of reminds me of the stories I have read lately about muslim parents living in the U.S. who kill their offspring for various reasons such as being too westernized. If they would kill their own child for that reason, this one would be a gimme. Does anyone know if there was religion involved with this family? It is well documented that militant blacks and Islam go hand in hand. Just a thought.

The father had no prior issues with law enforcement. This is either an individual who just snapped, or one who had escaped beneath the radar very successfully. Regardless of the truth, the father killed two birds with one bullet. This would be the true definition of "going postal"!

Last edited by ditchlights; 04-17-2010 at 01:15 AM..

Old 04-17-2010, 01:58 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,532,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Would a trained police officer have a gun pointed at him by a 10yr old who refused to comply, I expect he will shoot and kill that child, and I would never convict him.

How are civilians, largely untrained, supposed to deal with real threats when they come from minors? The elderly woman raped and murdered by a 14 yr old presumed she was dealing with a boy. Her way didn't work out so well.
The 15 year old wasn't armed. That's not an immediate threat by any definition of the law, so your point is moot. The man wasn't defending himself, he committed premeditated (under the law) murder, plain and simple, against an unarmed minor (or person, if you'd rather me use that term to not differentiate age) in the eyes of the law. In that case, the punishment fits the crime.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:10 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningncircles1 View Post
The 15 year old wasn't armed. That's not an immediate threat by any definition of the law, so your point is moot. The man wasn't defending himself, he committed premeditated (under the law) murder, plain and simple, against an unarmed minor (or person, if you'd rather me use that term to not differentiate age) in the eyes of the law. In that case, the punishment fits the crime.
I did not need the review of reality, thanks, but to clarify your confusion I guess I'll have to review.

I was referring to the blind spot in peoples vision when it comes to children. I cited a few examples, one of which was a 14 yr old raping and murdering an elderly woman.
A 15 yr old who molests his sister is a predator. He wasn't armed when he committed that crime doesn't make it a non crime. No one claimed the fathers life was not endangered, but his paternal instincts were very much elevated (in favor of the victimized toddler, not in favor of his son). I guess you're not a parent?

Nobody is really as divided as suggested by another poster. No one argues dad shouldn't be in jail. Considering the divide in punishment for the boy however suggests that this crime is so morally reprehensible to a great deal of people that it does elicit harsh backlash.

Women have been known to murder those who molest their children. Fathers have been known to do the same. Husbands are also known to hunt down and kill their wifes rapist. What I'm saying is if our society is so ass backwards that we can't offer real solutions, maybe we should just go on ahead and stay out of their way. The cops don't want to get them, give them permission.

Real solutions are identifying molesters early enough to get them out of society. Treatments that work or they stay in a commune elsewhere forever. Make it everyones problem by doing nothing, they will take the law into their own hands. I prefer real solutions and not mob rule. Clear now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies