Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 07:54 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayvee View Post
You make a lot of assumptions for an individual that has never met me a day in your life. Typical! How do you know what type of manager i was? I was top in my region numerous times, and the few punks i had problems with, packed their shi* and hit the road.

Why do you assume that they were alpha males? Just because they were white? Isnt that being guilty of the same crap you accuse other people of? They were alpha males yet they had to answer to me? With some people there will always be double standards, this I accept whole heartily.

It is your opinion that segregation is stupid, as well as it is mine that it is not. I respectfully decline to carry on this conversation any longer because two "alpha" males can not be together peacefully..... lol....... i let you tell it...... Peace dude.....

People like you and people like me, dont and will not get along.... In the real world you stay in your corner and i will stay in mine.

I suppose you're talking to me.

This is where your problems are evident. I didn't make any unfair or "double standard" assumptions. In fact, the only one making any unfair assumptions here is YOU, about your white employees and what you believe they were taught at home vis-a-vis respect for black people.

All I said was PERHAPS you didn't lay down the law like you should have because you had alpha males. Nobody made excuses for your white employees and what you perceived as their disrespectful behavior. It was, however, a more plausible explanation than, "well I'm black and that's how it goes cause white people are taught to not respect blacks."

However, it is STILL YOUR FAULT for not putting them in their place.

Cause look, I know LOTS (more than I probably should) of people in different eschelons of retail management ... of all colors, both sexes, and differing sexualities. NONE have ever moaned as much as you do, or expressed your sentiments and whining about "getting no respect" based on some characteristic of their being. Some of the fiercest managers I know are minorities of some kind.

So go ahead, "peace out" of the conversation under the assumption that "two alpha males can not be together peacefully..." but based on the amount of b*tching you've done about not getting respect in a position of leadership, I wouldn't consider you an "alpha male" anyway.

Perhaps if you learned to channel some of your bravado and angry energy so easily expressed on here to anonymous strangers into some REAL WORLD, constructive application, you'll gain the respect of your subordinates in the future.

Oh, and by the way, you're plan or solution of "resegretion" for race relations in America is flat out stupid. I tried to be nice about it earlier and speak to you intelligently as if you were actually worthy of intelligent discussion on the suggestion, perhaps even philosophically, but forget it. It's stupid. Never going to happen, so deal with reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 04:49 PM

13 posts, read 8,434 times
@ TriMt7... You got issues dude

Old 03-13-2012, 08:19 PM

13 posts, read 8,434 times
@stockwiz

"Whites discriminated against though? Not particularly, unless they are the ones living in mom's basement. Despite the attempts by the media to make everything equal and to make black culture look 'cool' , this is still a white man's world". - stockwiz

This is god's world!

Old 03-13-2012, 09:21 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
I can't think of a discriminatory "slur" either, but I can point out to institutional discrimination perpetuated by our government in the form of Affirmative Action. Whether or not you agree with it or not, or if you think it is necessary, you CANNOT argue that AA is not discrimination.
i suppose a law helping 3 people out of 100 to get a spot in school or job that they wouldn't otherwise get because they are discriminated against in the first place is discriminatory **sarcasm**

Old 03-13-2012, 09:45 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I think people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would be much more effective voices against 'thug culture' but it seems they have a vested interest in perpetual black victim hood which is a shame. I do think undoubtedly a culture change would make a huge difference here in the 21st century, of course there will always be some racists though who will cling onto old beliefs.
I would not know what kind of impact they would have. I don't even pay any attention to them. What I know is that there are people who should be paid more attention and are not. It is people like Bill Cosby who need to be paid more attention. Even further, more leaders who are willing to die for their cause, are needed.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:40 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,908,523 times
For those of you who actually believe that straight white men are more discriminated against than anyone....

http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/667977/wtf.gif (broken link)

... yeah.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:54 PM

152 posts, read 150,713 times
Agree.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,123 times
Question... when White men becomes a "minority" in numbers...
Can he expect the same treatment as the other minority groups???
That is coming in the future... they ARE going to be "minority".

Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,394,304 times
Wow. I'm just glad affirmative action exists or I never would've made it into school...doubtful.

Last edited by GreyDay; 03-29-2012 at 05:23 PM..

Old 03-29-2012, 05:21 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't believe that the majority of heterosexual white men think of themselves as persecuted victims, but it's clear that some do. Perhaps those who believe they are discriminated against can explain why they feel this way.
I don't view myself as a victim. Having said that I've faced discrimination at the hands of (some) latinos, (some) blacks, (a few) women, and my first principle, a lesbian. Nobody ever promised me a rose garden so I wasn't surprised when I didn't get one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies