Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Straight white men face more discrimination in American society than any other group.
Agree 82 26.80%
Disagree 210 68.63%
Not sure 14 4.58%
Voters: 306. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It may be the most whiny crybaby demographic, but definitely not the most discriminated against.
Got that right....although it's not really all of them...just the ones with very tiny equipment whine....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Maybe it's because I haven't read this whole thread, but I didn't know there were any Blacks suggesting that they were "biologically inferior".
Neither have I, perhaps I worded it incorrectly, but there is a white poster who has attempted to "intellectualize" his argument that blacks are biologically inferior to whites through a series of back and fourth points and counterpoints. He even had some poor guy running down his resume on here to prove otherwise only to be relegated to an "outlier" by him LOL.

Oh man...where is the pride??!!

The mere idea that some of you feel that you have to defend your humanity is an insult in and of itself.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:20 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Neither have I, perhaps I worded it incorrectly, but there is a white poster who has attempted to "intellectualize" his argument that blacks are biologically inferior to whites through a series of back and fourth points and counterpoints. He even had some poor guy running down his resume on here to prove otherwise only to be relegated to an "outlier" by him LOL.

Oh man...where is the pride??!!

The mere idea that some of you feel that you have to defend your humanity is an insult in and of itself.
No one should have to defend their humanity. It is almost like one has to "prove" he or she is legitimate. When I hear this, it makes me wonder "why bother trying? If I can't live like everyone else without being questions, why bother trying"? Still, I keep striving for better things. People keep striving.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:24 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,012,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No one should have to defend their humanity. It is almost like one has to "prove" he or she is legitimate. When I hear this, it makes me wonder "why bother trying? If I can't live like everyone else without being questions, why bother trying"? Still, I keep striving for better things. People keep striving.
I feel sorry for some blacks who feel that way. Next thing you know they'll be explainin away to white folks why they're worthy enough to breathe air or drink water. As if they were anyone to explain anything to.

Edit: But I'm specifically referring to the exchange between two posters on page 24. I almost burst out laughing when the black poster ran down his resume to a kid who isn't even employed in the real world and then proceeded to provide him with a list of "black inventions" LOL.

Man o man.

Did that black poster really just list the "door knob" as a black invention to gain human acceptance to a white man? lol

Old 03-12-2012, 06:32 PM

73,027 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for some blacks who feel that way. Next thing you know they'll be explainin away to white folks why they're worthy enough to breathe air or drink water. As if they were anyone to explain anything.
The way things are now, I wouldn't be surprised about this. There was actually a time where Blacks had to explain away why they should even be allowed to live at all. People in my grandparents' generation fought so that they would not have to deal with that.

I have a feeling these kinds of question are being limited to the internet. I haven't run into anyone in college who would say such things, not publicly anyway. The activity that goes on in the forums is anonymous. Some people who try to "intellectualize" their racist attitudes towards Blacks could be my neighbors. It could be one of my professors. It could be anyone. No one could say this is public without an outcry. Hence, it is kept here.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:59 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Discriminated against, no.

Envied and hated, hell yes.

But we can live with that.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:59 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
I feel sorry for some blacks who feel that way. Next thing you know they'll be explainin away to white folks why they're worthy enough to breathe air or drink water. As if they were anyone to explain anything to.

Edit: But I'm specifically referring to the exchange between two posters on page 24. I almost burst out laughing when the black poster ran down his resume to a kid who isn't even employed in the real world and then proceeded to provide him with a list of "black inventions" LOL.

Man o man.

Did that black poster really just list the "door knob" as a black invention to gain human acceptance to a white man? lol
God, that is sad. I just lost a friend today because he made the following comment:

"You know that any Blacks in the United States, especially the ones in your area (with the only exception being President Obama and other black politicians), have that primitive mindset."

I want to be able to be his friend but I just can't do it. If he thinks that Black people have a "primitive mindset", then he thinks my family and my friends have "primitive mindsets". I just can't do it. The ironic part is that this guy is blind and he probably met people that were Black, and enjoyed their company, but since they didn't fit his stereotype of Black people, he probably didn't even realize it.

I think I will quote that to every idiot who says that racism doesn't exist anymore cause we have a Black president.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:07 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,337,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I The ironic part is that this guy is blind and he probably met people that were Black, and enjoyed their company, but since they didn't fit his stereotype of Black people, he probably didn't even realize it.
If he's blind, how would he know the people he met were black? I don't know about you, but I'd cut a blind person a little slack. At least ask him to explain what he means by "primitive." Your post doesn't really make that clear.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:11 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
If he's blind, how would he know the people he met were black? I don't know about you, but I'd cut a blind person a little slack. At least ask him to explain what he means by "primitive." Your post doesn't really make that clear.
Why should I cut him some slack just cause he's blind? I'm blind and I don't think Black people are primitive. And it doesn't matter if he knows a particular person is Black or not. His blindness does not excuse his prejudice, especially given the fact he fights hard for blind people's rights (which is how we became friends in the first place--cause we share that belief), which just makes him hypocritical. He thinks Black people are more animal-like, barbaric, simple-minded, closer to monkeys. I don't know how else to put it. He said some other more colorful things in his comment, but I left out parts of his comment in the name of privacy (cause it included name-dropping).

Old 03-12-2012, 08:59 PM

13 posts, read 8,444 times
@itshim
I dont think that you read the thread and what has been said! I am proud of myself and accomplishments and sometimes you got to let somebody know that you are nothing to be Fuked over. You must of missed the part when the white dude ran down his resume, so i ran down mine... Just because you feel like you dont "have" to acknowledge somebody's presence doesn't mean that somebody else wont.

Who died and made you god?

And by no means am i poor, you might want to get your money up!!!!!!!!! (hence, my resume)

You ask where is the pride? Who the hell are you bro? Obviously you felt some attraction to come to a post labeled "straight white men face more discrimination"! why? To post bull(sh*T)?

At the end of the day i feel constructive conversations is the only way to learn about one another. At any point if that discussion turns disrespectful (which it did) it is time to cut it off (which I did).

There was not a post just about "door knobs", did you miss the ac, motor, spark plug, gas mask (and the rest of the half page of inventions)? The dude asked "what have blacks created", so i told him. I told him about my academic scholarships, because he stated that blacks only get into college because of affirmative action.

Why you so sensitive dude? Are you mad you didnt achieve or something? I have no problem bragging about mines!!!!!! I could also brag about a certain physical part of my body that i am sure your lady (if your not gay) would like ! Making the complete package!!
There is nothing about me that seeks approval from anyone (hence, my lack of humility and respect for you)

The reality is that some white people have never met successful educated black men. I was put here to introduce it to them,

what have you been put here for? To talk (sh*t)? The only one who feels like they might not be worthy, or seeks human approval might be you, hence you probably cant read or are too lazy to.

Do you see what disrespect begets? Disrespect! YOU PEON!!!!!!!!!!

The reason blacks cant move forward is because of "NIGGE(R)S" like you, that are quick to cut somebody's throat without even knowing the story (in this case, reading the story, which is right in front of your eyes, and is unbelievable that it could be missed, unless you cant read, or have selective reading)

Last edited by clayvee; 03-12-2012 at 09:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies