Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 04:52 PM

292 posts, read 544,092 times

Advertisements

In the book entitled "The Complete Life Encyclopedia" homosexuality is listed under Gender Identity Disorder.

It states... Male homosexuality seems to occur most frequently when the son has an absent or detached father in childhood and spends a great deal of time with is mother and other females. As a result, he identifies sexually with his mother and may even develop her mannerisms. Yet, he will also crave the attention and affection of his absent father. During the adolescent years of raging hormones, this often results in homosexual tendencies and temptations. These temptations are not at the fault of the young person, but it is important that the individual understand that he has a chance to yield these urges.

A lesbian is a female who engages in sexual relations with another female. The sources of her disorder may be an absent or workaholic mother, which produces a tendency to identify more with her father. She may develop his mannerisms and model her sexual identity on his, even though she craves the attention and affection of her absent mother. As an adolescent, confusing her need for emotional nurture with eroticism, she manifests lesbian tendencies. Again, as with homosexuals, the key element in her behavior is not one of her temptations or urges, but the element of her choice. She has the power to choose to act out these urges or not to.

Many adolescents with gender identity disorders can be helped and enabled to make healthy emotional choices that will cement their sexual orientations in the direction of homosexuality. Many adolescents are confused about their gender identity, but they are not full-fledged homosexuals. They are at a crossroads. This confusion may lead them to experiment with homosexual behavior, and with time and experience, they may become compulsively addicted to homosexual or lesbian behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 04:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
You may be on to something there...

But you gotta site your sources.

The disbelievers are going to ask you for them.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:58 PM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Actualy, no. No one who I know would have any curiosity about who wrote such a steaming pile of horse**** and tried to pass it off as anything but.

Sexual orientation is something you are born with, a part of the temperament given you by your Creator.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Interesting how some posters pop up occasionally just to start an anti-gay thread. I wonder what could explain this.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:04 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Interesting how some posters pop up occasionally just to start an anti-gay thread. I wonder what could explain this.
Full-moon, PMS, bi-curious?

Old 04-26-2010, 05:04 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Hasn't this subject already been debated to death on CD? Those who see it as a psychological disorder--or worse, an "abomination"--will not be swayed. Neither will those who see it as just one of those things that happen in nature.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,077,406 times
All I know is I'm pretty ticked that Obama hasn't repealed Don't ask don't tell. One of my old friends (who just recently came out) is being discharged from the Air Force and won't be allowed to go back to Afghanistan. Dude is willing to die for this country yet they won't let him, in a 2 front war no less. Ridiculous.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:10 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
"The Complete Life Encyclopedia"

Can this work be purchased at the Museum of Creationist Fact or the Bob Jones University book store?

Oh wait... Amazon.com has it available starting at $0.39... about $0.37 more than it's worth as a "reference volume."

Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
in a 2 front war no less. Ridiculous.
maybe that is the issue...........perhaps he could go if it was a front to back war.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:55 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
All I know is I'm pretty ticked that Obama hasn't repealed Don't ask don't tell. One of my old friends (who just recently came out) is being discharged from the Air Force and won't be allowed to go back to Afghanistan. Dude is willing to die for this country yet they won't let him, in a 2 front war no less. Ridiculous.
He didn't follow the military rules in place. His choice. Now he pays the price. Simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies