Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 06:58 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times

Advertisements

The authors of the book cited are actuallly very well credentialed.

Frank Minirth, M.D. holds Doctorates in Medicine and Theology and is a MENSA member

Paul Meier, M.D. did his residency at Duke University

You may not want to agree with them. But, certainly to be open minded, their writing cannot be so easily dismissed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 06:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Sexual orientation is something you are born with, a part of the temperament given you by your Creator.
Yeah, I do give credit to my Mom and Dad for my sexual orientation since they Created me.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:01 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post

Frank Minirth, M.D. holds Doctorates in Medicine and Theology and is a MENSA member

You may not want to agree with them. But, certainly to be open minded, their writing cannot be so easily dismissed.
If either of them is gay, they may have a modicum of credibility.

If not, I think I will stick to what my gay friends tell me. They seem to know themselves pretty well, and all of them agree that they were born gay.

Are there any gay posters here who disagree with that? We'd love to hear from you.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:04 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,241,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Wrong. Homosexuality is an abnormal occurrence in nature as are many abborations in society.
so long as it concerns only consenting adults, who cares?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:06 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If either of them is gay, they may have a modicum of credibility.

If not, I think I will stick to what my gay friends tell me. They seem to know themselves pretty well, and all of them agree that they were born gay.

Are there any gay posters here who disagree with that? We'd love to hear from you.
Really? My earliest memory is from when I was, oh, about four to five years old. I wasn't aware people had memories of anything, including their sexuality from infancy or "birth!"

Old 04-26-2010, 07:12 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:

A quick google gives some not too favorable responses, and Meier is a Bob Jones grad:

Frank Minirth & Paul Meier - General Teachings/Activities

Sorry, I'm not giving any credibility to evangelical psychiatrists views on sexuality. Waaaay too subjective.

Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:

I have an acquaintance who is a math professor and a MENSA member. He's also a member of a white separatist organization. If he wrote a book about race relations, would you trust him too?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:53 PM

220 posts, read 222,886 times
Nm

Old 04-26-2010, 07:57 PM

571 posts, read 943,810 times
How can you be "addicted" to being a lesbian/gay guy? I don't get it.

Are people also "addicted" to being workaholics, or chocolate lovers, or good singers, or mechanically-inclined? To me, homosexuality is just another facet of someone's personality. I accept it just as much as I do religious people (as long as they aren't fanatics). Anything gets annoying if you push it on somebody. So much would be solved if we all just acknowledged that certain people don't get along and left it at that.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:04 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,793,626 times
In this particular forum there is usually a post about gays, I wonder if the ones who start the threads about homosexuality are trying to figure out if they, are indeed gay. I've said it once and I'll say it again "If two hot women are getting it on and you are grossed out by it, then one of two things it says about you, either you are a woman, or you are gay".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies