Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 08:50 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you consider Fox News and Right Wing radio a part of this MSM you speak of? Or, is MSM only left wing and anti-bagging?
I love how they howl about "MSM" while FOX has a revolving door policy with the GOP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2010, 08:50 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I see you're trying to clarify that you don't, considering you started with this...
"I guess you couldn't possibly be one of those who got the mass brainwash in public school."

Do you understand what brainwashing is?
Kid, I read more about brainwashing in the early 50s than you lefties ever knew about it. I do think that we have a whole nation that has been hit hard by the brainwashing movement that the Russian talked about. The fact that the Soviet Union kind of quit operating doesn't mean that that program ever stopped.

Yes, I think I know what that term means and don't think that many of the left leaners really do.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,443,423 times
OK Roy, whatever you say, "teacher".

YouTube - Orly Taitz loses her damn mind on MSNBC; Aug 03 2009

Old 05-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Brainwashed much like I've noticed that a certain poster now uses the term "progressives" instead of "liberals"... happened around the same time a host of a certain show on Fox started doing the same thing...

Interesting stuff!
I knew progressive long before most of you progs knew liberal. I studied the Progressive Era in the United States for some time. So you can know that period was the 1920s and that was about the time that they had to go to liberal to stay alive. Recently they went back to progressive because liberal had become so unpopular.

I knew progressive before Glenn Beck got out of diapers so please think that he didn't put it on me. I was trying to be nice and use liberal and all the liberals on one forum begged for something else so I changed to prog for them and they whined about that. I really don't know how to keep you folks happy without joining you and I left that kind of thinking nearly 40 years ago.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
The answer is No. That is because there are, and always will be, a vast number of people that know Beck, Rush, Hannity, Ann and of-course let us not forget Palin are full of it and nothing more than snake oil sales persons.
Casper
How many of those people you named were in a position of being believed when that video was made? How about none?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♠atizar♠ View Post
I love how they howl about "MSM" while FOX has a revolving door policy with the GOP.
I thought it was Einstein who said that Fox was part of the MSM. That is surely not true, at all.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Kid, I read more about brainwashing in the early 50s than you lefties ever knew about it. I do think that we have a whole nation that has been hit hard by the brainwashing movement that the Russian talked about. The fact that the Soviet Union kind of quit operating doesn't mean that that program ever stopped.

Yes, I think I know what that term means and don't think that many of the left leaners really do.
Grandpa, brainwashing isn't a leftist idea. Don't you watch Glenn Beck without fail?

And you should be glad, you weren't my teacher. Would have been put in place a long time ago. BTW nothing tells more of a brainwashed person that statements like these:
Quote:
I thought it was Einstein who said that Fox was part of the MSM. That is surely not true, at all.
Of course, because it is Fox News that blames MSM the most. So, it must not be. Right?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:09 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdencaulfield View Post
Senator McCarthy on line 2 for you.
Reagan NEVER beat Communism, despite what some would like to believe.
That was then.......this is NOW.
McCarthy? Another time, another era.
So......who's living in the past?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:13 PM

Default atizar

I think that your video was just a tad off topic and it surely showed me why I just can't stand to watch MSNBC. Hey, you call me birther and I long ago decided that I wanted to see his enrollment form from Occidental or Columbia rather than a birth certificate.

Do you consider something here to be brainwashing? Is it really brainwashing that causes me to want to see those papers that Obama has spent all that money to keep tied up with legal mumbo jumbo? You really think that but then maybe you are the one that is brainwashed here for your thoughts about how good an example of something that video was.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:14 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,953,969 times
Quote:
I knew progressive long before most of you progs knew liberal. I studied the Progressive Era in the United States for some time. So you can know that period was the 1920s and that was about the time that they had to go to liberal to stay alive. Recently they went back to progressive because liberal had become so unpopular.

I knew progressive before Glenn Beck got out of diapers so please think that he didn't put it on me. I was trying to be nice and use liberal and all the liberals on one forum begged for something else so I changed to prog for them and they whined about that.
Quote:
I really don't know how to keep you folks happy without joining you and I left that kind of thinking nearly 40 years ago.
You CAN'T keep them happy.
A LOT of 'em are just too far gone now.........and AMEN to 'ya for coming to your senses a long time ago!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies