Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 06:57 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,665,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
YIP it is the war on drugs gone bad. Cash is tainted. The constitution says no bills of tainting. This is supposed to protect your right to inherit land but we have switched to a more liquid asset based economy and so cash should be protected as inheritable.
I think you're a little confused here. There is no such thing as a "bill of tainting". What the Constitution prohibits is a bill of attainder.

Let me google that for you. (http://http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bill+of+attainder - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2010, 07:18 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
YIP it is the war on drugs gone bad. Cash is tainted. The constitution says no bills of tainting. This is supposed to protect your right to inherit land but we have switched to a more liquid asset based economy and so cash should be protected as inheritable.
'The word "attainder", meaning "taintedness", is part of English common law'

Bill of attainder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The "cash" of which you speak belongs to the Federal Reserve, a creature unleashed by Congress.

The Federal Reserve Bank, itself, is a War of Attainder against all.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,885,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
The sad part is that these people didn't know the law. (Understandable as they are foreign and most Americans don't know them either.) Their is no provision that a traffic stop warrants a search by authorities without "reasonable articulable suspicion" that a "crime is afoot" in PA without the "consent" to the search.

Any judge with any sense of justice will return these people's money without any delay. However, the goons of government rarely, if ever, let justice or "law" stand in the way of their fellow gang members.
Agreed. Arizona vs Gant. He had an outstanding warrant. It was ruled in this case that unless the police know there is evidence in the car and it could be destroyed or there is a weapon on the car that can be used against the police, the police have no right to search.
Know your rights do not submit to a vehicle search.

Old 05-15-2010, 11:52 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,074,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The Federal Reserve Bank, itself, is a War of Attainder against all.
Is there any subject where the Federal Reserve isn't the so-called villain with folks like yourself?

Old 05-15-2010, 11:55 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,332,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Is there any subject where the Federal Reserve isn't the so-called villain with folks like yourself?
Taint is taint for the non-prejudiced.

Taint right for you.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:12 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,222,162 times
This is not a criminal matter. It is a civil forfeiture. The cops don't have to prove anything.

Mostly the cops win by default.

They may eventually get the money back...but it may be a long and costly struggle.

They may well have not consented to the search...but the cops will all testify that they did.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:19 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,870,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
This is supposed to be America buddy. Innocent until proven guilty.
The only losers here are the criminal elements, excuse me if I don't feel so bad that they try to subvert the system and fail...

Old 05-15-2010, 02:21 PM

317 posts, read 405,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Some people don't use banks.
Banks can go bankrupt any day now, many people are not using banks.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:25 PM

317 posts, read 405,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Why do we not give it back? Cause Police aren't idiots and you should not make them behave like idiots either.. it is well known and documented that drug traffickers transmit their money through the roads to be laundered... It is already known that 90%+ of the time, people who have large sums of cash in the car is related to a drug enterprise for laundering and that is the reason for confiscation... cause we aren't idiots... The money is always there to be reclaimed as long as you have proof of its origins... if its your retirement money, show them where you withdrawn it... if its from your bank, show your bank statements... most of the money is not asked back because it is drug money where there is no paper trail... we live in age where people don't have to pretend to be stupid... more than likely these trio are drug traffickers that got the drug money confiscated... they can get it back as long as show proof that it is not drug money... easy enough to do cause there is always a paper trail if its legit which I bet it isn't...
I saved up money for two years to buy myself a car and pay cash, I didn't want to get into debt or take out a loan, trying to be fiscally conservative. I was carrying $25,000. Good thing the cops didn't stop me.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:27 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,870,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbiggleswurth View Post
I saved up money for two years to buy myself a car and pay cash, I didn't want to get into debt or take out a loan, trying to be fiscally conservative. I was carrying $25,000. Good thing the cops didn't stop me.
Well, good thing its in a bank with a paper trail when you withdrawn it.. next time get a cashier's check like everybody else...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies