Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 04:30 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times

Advertisements

I would like a little girl. I know alot of ppl and some of the older generation would prefer a boy for reasons of passing on their family name, but this is probably the silliest reason for wanting a boy I can think of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,737,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Don't get too hung up on seeing him get excited about the prospect of having a daughter before you deliver. You'll get everything you want when you see the look on his face when he holds his baby for the first time, boy or girl.
I think this will be true.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:20 PM

97 posts, read 320,893 times
As a future dad, I want at least one of each, so the only twinge of disappointment I would feel is if I got all boys or all girls. Needless to say, I would be happy with whoever the Lord gives me for children. Partially because "Dad didn't want a boy/girl" probably wouldn't go over very well with any kid.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM

574 posts, read 2,045,905 times
My DH also said he didn't care the first time around and I truly believe he didn't. We had a son. The second time he wanted a daughter so much that he actually got teary when at our 20 week ultrasound we learned it was another boy. We ended up adopting a little girl nine years after the second was born and yes, DH does adore his sons as well as his daughter ! So, your SO may honestly not care either. Congratulations!

Nancy

Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
As an expecting mom, I truly have no gender preference that I hoped for, praying only to have a healthy baby.

My SO has agreed with me, that it doesn't matter if our child is a boy or a girl, all that matters to him is good health. But... I have a sneaking suspicion he wants a son. If a boy, he would be his namesake, and he has also said he has a "feeling" that the gender is male.

Any and all fathers or future dads out there, did you or would you hope for a son? Knowing that, of course, you would love your child whether boy or girl, would you feel a twinge of disappointment if you found out that the gender is not what you suspected and/or hoped for?

I wanted sons, I got three of them, and I am very happy. On the other hand, I would have loved to have had daughters as well, although I would have been worried about their future dating and marriage prospects because they would have been really big and (if they looked like me) really ugly. So, glad I had boys.

Old 01-10-2010, 03:23 AM

2,544 posts, read 4,284,711 times
When people would ask me what I was hoping to have, I usually said, "I'm hoping for a puppy."

With my first I had no preference. I was gifted with a girl. For my second, I was hoping for a boy to even out the voting. I got one.

Thus ends my reproductive saga.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:48 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,617,679 times
My husband told people he didn't care, but he really hoped it would be a girl as that was what he was familiar with, being he had 4 older sisters and I already had 2 daughters from my first marriage. We had no clue until birth, had a girl and he was thrilled!
Second time 5 years later, we found out at 20 weeks that we were having a boy and he was thrilled again. It's worked out perfectly for us all!

Old 01-10-2010, 12:54 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
My DH wanted a girl first. He had 3 older sisters and said he though a boy having older sisters was a good thing. We had a girl. Then for #2, we were both kind of hoping for a boy so that we could have one of each and voila! Love having one of each.....

Old 01-10-2010, 06:05 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Everyone is different. My hubby didn't care. My best friend's husband really wanted a girl, but got two boys. As my daughter says "You get what you get so don't be upset".

Old 01-10-2010, 11:06 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,070,427 times
When we had our first daughter it was ok with him. When we had #2 he sat out on the back doorstep and cried because "He didn't have a boy" and I had gotten a tubal. A few years later he found a reason for a divorce (Since I wouldn't get my tubal untied...even though we were financially OMG unstable. My dad paid the rent 10/12 months and bought groceries too.)
We now have a 16 yo and 12 yo daughters, his current GF has a almost 4 yo, 2yo, and 5 month old boys. He still has money issues and can't pay his bills. We have been divorced for 10 years and TODAY I got a call from a bill collector that he gave my new phone number. Geez.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy