Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 06:34 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,653,017 times

Advertisements

I have 3 boys and my sister has 3 as well she would have had 5, but unfortunetely the twins passed at childbirth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 07:09 PM

208 posts, read 271,124 times
With my first born I truly wanted a healthy baby, I got a healthy daughter. With my second born I admit to wanting a son, and had a 'feeling' it was a boy, and my son was born. My third child, I was back to wanting a healthy baby, I had a daughter and a son and loved them both more than anything, so I really was going to be happy either way, my third child was also a son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
With a son, you only have to worry about one penis. With daughters, you have to worry about the rest of them.
...and now that I have a teenage daughter that I'm getting ready to start pulling hair out over I wonder why I wasn't crossing my fingers for my third child to be a healthy son

Old 03-14-2011, 01:43 PM

532 posts, read 1,270,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
It's a girl!! Well, at least the Dr. thinks so. He said we can start decorating in pink.

I hope my SO feels that he can bond with her as much as he could with a boy. Honestly, I don't see why not. I was just talking with him about how much fun it will be to take her fishing when she gets a little older! I have some great memories of fishing with my dad and my uncle when I was little, and I wasn't even a tomboy.
I have 2 girls and a boy on the way. I can assure you that your new baby girl will have your SO tightly wrapped around her finger almost instantly.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:55 PM

144 posts, read 307,078 times
Quote:
As an expecting mom, I truly have no gender preference that I hoped for, praying only to have a healthy baby.

My SO has agreed with me, that it doesn't matter if our child is a boy or a girl, all that matters to him is good health. But... I have a sneaking suspicion he wants a son. If a boy, he would be his namesake, and he has also said he has a "feeling" that the gender is male.

Any and all fathers or future dads out there, did you or would you hope for a son? Knowing that, of course, you would love your child whether boy or girl, would you feel a twinge of disappointment if you found out that the gender is not what you suspected and/or hoped for?

wife and I are expecting our first and probably only (due to our age). And because my family is predominately Female I am hoping for a boy.

Plus all the postings I have read in this forum and hearing this from men as well as women "girls are so much more drama and higher maintenance", not to mention dating when there teens .

But even after saying all this, If I have a girl, I know she will probably steal my heart and I will be just as proud to have her as a boy.

Old 03-21-2011, 12:51 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
Quote:
As an expecting mom, I truly have no gender preference that I hoped for, praying only to have a healthy baby.

My SO has agreed with me, that it doesn't matter if our child is a boy or a girl, all that matters to him is good health. But... I have a sneaking suspicion he wants a son. If a boy, he would be his namesake, and he has also said he has a "feeling" that the gender is male.

Any and all fathers or future dads out there, did you or would you hope for a son? Knowing that, of course, you would love your child whether boy or girl, would you feel a twinge of disappointment if you found out that the gender is not what you suspected and/or hoped for?
I think for the first baby the usual hope is for a healthy child! With the second child there is definately some desire for a child of the opposite gender,....but no matter what, all children are as loved as the previous ones, and that "twinge of dissapointment" wouldn't last long.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:02 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,289,784 times
Quote:
It's a girl!! Well, at least the Dr. thinks so. He said we can start decorating in pink.

I hope my SO feels that he can bond with her as much as he could with a boy. Honestly, I don't see why not. I was just talking with him about how much fun it will be to take her fishing when she gets a little older! I have some great memories of fishing with my dad and my uncle when I was little, and I wasn't even a tomboy.
Oh believe me....he will, she'll be daddys little girl for sure......I agree with you that gender doesn't have to be the deciding factor on what the father can do with his child...girls fish and hunt too, and they can be great mechanics and truck drivers if they're so inclined....I had a daughter first,and she was adored by her uncles and her dad...then I was fortunate to have a son( I admit, we were hoping for a boy), then another son, followed by our last daughter....so I got the best of both worlds, and am very thankfull....though health was always our number ONE wish, and I lucked out on that too.....congradulations to you, great joy is about to come your way.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:58 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,543,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
I think for the first baby the usual hope is for a healthy child! With the second child there is definately some desire for a child of the opposite gender,....but no matter what, all children are as loved as the previous ones, and that "twinge of dissapointment" wouldn't last long.
My DH admitted to hoping for a boy for our first. (Although I know he would have loved a little girl just as much.) He got his wish, it was a boy. When I was pregnant with our second, DH was hoping for a girl. He really wanted to be done with 2 kids, and I think the main reason he really wanted a girl was he was afraid I would want to try again for a girl if we had 2 boys. Our second was a girl, so I *think* we are done.

Old 03-21-2011, 06:11 PM

345 posts, read 474,503 times
When people asked me if I wanted a boy or a girl I would respond "yes".

Old 03-23-2011, 09:13 AM

645 posts, read 989,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Most dads I know actually say they want girls.

I do know one guy who wanted a boy. When I asked why, he said so he could take him hunting and fishing and dirt-biking. I have no idea why he thought he couldn't do those things with a daughter. Weird, considering his doctor wife is the primary breadwinner in the house.
Hi Stan - While I agree with what you say above, I'm curious if you would think/feel the same if say a woman told you that she wanted a girl coz she wanted to play with dolls, have tea parties, play dress up and makeup...why she couldn't do that with a son?

No argument, just askin'.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
My husband said he wanted a boy because he knew that a little girl would wrap him around her little finger! Well - from the begining, he said I was having a boy. We just found out he was right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy