Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:02 AM

79 posts, read 233,920 times

Advertisements

We think we may have found a great rental in Dewey (one of the townhomes off of country club drive). Before we commit, I'd like to hear all of your opinions on the pros/cons of the area.

My husband will be commuting to work at the edge of Prescott proper (google showed about a 24 min commute), but I will be staying home with our baby and finishing grad work.

We're interested in a quiet neighborhood with lots of places to walk, close proximity to the library, relatively close to shops/groceries (don't mind a short drive), maybe closeness to a park?

Where we currently live, it's 30+ minutes to anything including work, so hopefully everything will be a little closer here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 04:42 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,858 times
Well, that's where I live (PCC) so I guess I can give you some 1st hand info.

Prescott Country Club has lots of places to walk. When it gets close to dusk, my husband and walk along the golf course (after the golfers are done for the day, of course), and you'll see lots of people out walking throughout the day and evening.

It's a quiet area, too. As far as a library - Precott Valley is in the process of building a new library. The current one is very small and unimpressive. Prescott has a nice library, though. Your time line for commuting is pretty accurate. It takes me about 30-35 minutes to get into downtown Prescott. Some days are a little faster.

For most shopping, it's about a 10 minute drive into Prescott Valley. However, there is supposed to be a Safeway store going in on the edge of the Country Club. As far as I know, that's still on go, but many things seem to be on hold with this economy.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!!! I think you'll really like it here!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:53 AM

This is so good to hear! Thank you so much. My husband flies into Phoenix tomorrow night, and hopes to drive up as soon as he arrives to view the property. We hope it won't rent in the meantime, but all of the pictures and information online look great! I'll be staying home with our baby while I wrap up grad school, so I'm very excited about good libraries, places to walk, etc.

I'd also heard there might be a park going in where the tennis courts used to be? That would be nice, too!

We're looking for quiet and friendly, so this sounds like a great place!! Aside from the few times our baby really gets going when she's tired, we're quiet people, so hopefully will make good neighbors

Old 10-23-2008, 10:54 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,920,274 times
Default Pcc

Hi Ceeveg, We too live in PCC and love it here. All of the cool people live in PCC PCC is a very laid back, friendly community. People wave to each other as they drive by or walk "the loop". The townhomes are nice. You will like them. However, if the one you are looking at is no longer available, there are plenty of other places to rent in PCC. The townhome property owners have been busy with lots of improvements lately. I understand that they have ripped out the old, ugly, weed-infested cement slabs that were once tennis courts. I am not sure what they are putting there. I had thought that they were going to plant some low-water grass, but I am not sure. Originally, the developer wanted to build more townhomes there, but the current sewage plant will not handle more homes.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks, BiggsHomes. We will certainly check into other properties in the community if this particular townhome is rented by Saturday. We're looking forward to the prospect of living in such a friendly area. Right now, we live in a larger city, and it's a bit more difficult to make friends easily while staying at home.Are there many young families in the community? Is it a mix?

Old 10-23-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeveg View Post
Thanks, BiggsHomes. We will certainly check into other properties in the community if this particular townhome is rented by Saturday. We're looking forward to the prospect of living in such a friendly area. Right now, we live in a larger city, and it's a bit more difficult to make friends easily while staying at home.Are there many young families in the community? Is it a mix?
Yes, there are families in PCC. There is a mix of ages. The community has traditionally been an older community, but younger families have been moving in to the community. There are several buses picking up and dropping off children to/from school. Bradshaw Mountain middle school is about 1/4 mile from PCC.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:08 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,860 times
I don't live there but several friends do. It's a very nice community. From what I understand they have a good community group as well. I work for the Sheriff's Department and the PCC is a very low-crime rate area. Good luck!

Old 10-25-2008, 08:18 AM

These are all great things to hear -- esp. about the low crime rate!! Thank you!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceeveg View Post
I'd also heard there might be a park going in where the tennis courts used to be? That would be nice, too!
I just spoke with one of the association board members. He said that the plan is to landscape the old tennis court area with native trees, plants, rock, etc. That work will probably begin sometime in 2009. Right now they are replacing some roofs. The association will also be replacing the grass with rock on the association's land bordering the 18th fairway. This will save the association a lot of money and will save a lot of water for the area.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:26 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggsHomes View Post
I just spoke with one of the association board members. He said that the plan is to landscape the old tennis court area with native trees, plants, rock, etc. That work will probably begin sometime in 2009. Right now they are replacing some roofs. The association will also be replacing the grass with rock on the association's land bordering the 18th fairway. This will save the association a lot of money and will save a lot of water for the area.
That's very good to hear! The last time I had spoken with the POA a few months back there hadn't been any plans to rip out those old tennis courts - they were such an eyesore and really a deterent for many potential buyers who looked at townhouses that backed to that area. This will really enhance the area and turn a negative into a positive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott