Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 11:16 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,539,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post

My solution is simple. Have the city implement a mandatory testing of well water if you are going to build or buy on land that is going to have a domestic well. Once the test is done, the potential buyer gets to see the test results before they buy. Simple.

How does that deal with someone buying land on which a well has not been dug? Does the seller dig the well, then have it tested? Or does the buyer do it before he buys it?

Old 04-29-2011, 11:37 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,870,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
How does that deal with someone buying land on which a well has not been dug? Does the seller dig the well, then have it tested? Or does the buyer do it before he buys it?
Good question. If there is no well on the land, then the buyer has to sign a disclaimer stating:

This geographic area has been found to have high levels of arsenic in the ground water. Arsenic is a deadly toxin and a carcinogen, it is deadly to both animals and humans when consumed in prolonged and/or large amounts. The EPA regulates the top limit for arsenic in groundwater as 10 parts-per-billion. The buyer assumes all risks by buying a property without a tested and functioning water well.

I hereby understand that after the purchase of said property, when a water well is dug and that well is tested for contaminants, high levels of arsenic may be present. If so, excessively high levels of arsenic cannot be properly filtered out and may render the well water not fit for human consumption, thereby making the primary source of water from a water hauling company in which one must store the water in above ground storage tanks.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
Yeah, it would be a shame if you spent even a smidgeon of your wordiness in pointing out some of the positives of this area rather than expending nearly 100% of your energy in discouraging anyone from enjoying living here.
That is your role, to paint a Thomas Kinkade portrait of the area. When one visits this area they are BOMBARDED with utopia imagery and smooth talking people who want you to move here. That is a fact. You will not hear even one negative comment from any of those agencies.

But when poor Mr. & Mrs. Smith who have sunk their life savings and family into this area, only to find out that they made a mistake because they were not given a CLEAR and REALISTIC picture of the area.

Quote:
Anyway, if you really are that concerned, why don't you engage in a more efficient means of getting the word out about the ills of the area? Take out an ad in the two newspapers, write letters to the editors and get them published.
Trust me, when people visit the area, I tell them the facts of the area. The natural beauty of the hills, mountains, open spaces, weather, trees, speak for itself. I will lay out the positives and negatives. Then I let them make the final call. What they do come out with is being INFORMED because they have the FULL PICTURE of the area, not the hype and fluff, just the reality of it, both good and bad.

Do you trust the politicians and salesmen to tell you the truth?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:15 AM

533 posts, read 1,461,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec
But when poor Mr. & Mrs. Smith who have sunk their life savings and family into this area, only to find out that they made a mistake because they were not given a CLEAR and REALISTIC picture of the area.
I have a feeling this is an autobiographical story, which would explain much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec
I will lay out the positives and negatives.
You claim this, but of course there's no way to substantiate your personal conversations. Here in the forum, this is a blatantly false statement.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I have a feeling this is an autobiographical story, which would explain much.
Your "feeling" is wrong. I actually did very well for myself in Prescott. I don't regret moving here.

Quote:
You claim this, but of course there's no way to substantiate your personal conversations. Here in the forum, this is a blatantly false statement.
As I said before, that is your role, to paint a Thomas Kinkade portrait of the area. If you don't like my commentaries, you could always not read it, nobody forces you to read it.

Old 04-30-2011, 01:54 AM

533 posts, read 1,461,998 times
You're wrong of course. My statements are not realistic, not seeded with excessive exaggeration.

Anyway, this will all get deleted by the moderator anyway. As usual, the observations of your "peers" fall on deaf ears because you simply want to wallow in your exceeding negative perspective.

Old 04-30-2011, 03:24 AM

42 posts, read 89,828 times
I've been on here for only a few months, but in reading your posts DellNec...you clearly don't like the area.

Why not just move?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott