Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2022, 08:52 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,053,535 times

Advertisements

I suppose his next opportunity was going to come knocking at some point… . It’s been Will her or won’t he for the past few years. Hopefully he has a better run this time. He’s been great for NE although this is an opportunity for someone else to utilize two tight ends…Bill O’Brien’s name has come up, though we’ll see.

On a side note, Mac is building quite a resume with his experiences this year… . Finishing with a winning record, having a shot a the division & #1 seed, making the Playoffs, the All-Pro Rookie team and Pro Bowl. Not bad for a Rookie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2022, 11:13 PM

1,343 posts, read 657,910 times
damn....nobody's posting in this thread. I'm a Patriots fan living in Vegas.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:25 PM

I’m soaking up the off-season. The Pats addressed their needs (WR, CB, OL) in the draft or FA. We’ll see how it all plays together.

Old 05-17-2022, 06:28 PM

Congrats to Vince Wilfork making the Patriots Hall of Fame:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vince-wil...212946677.html

Old 08-07-2022, 06:15 AM

Congrats to Richard Seymour for making the Pro Football Hall of Fame:

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-en...1=hp_secondary

Old 08-09-2022, 03:10 PM

12,493 posts, read 9,570,120 times
The reports coming out of the Patriots training camp the past week or more have been bad. Really bad. The defense is said to be playing very well, but the offense, by multiple accounts, is really stinking up the joint. Maybe the Pats are missing Josh McDaniels? First preseason game is in 2 days. Of course you don't need to win all your preseason games, they are to identify issues and iron them out with some experimenting at solutions. But you'd like them to at least be playing mediocre in preseason, not straight up lousy.

"Patriots training camp Day 13: Mac Jones, starting offense bomb again in worst practice yet... Mac Jones and the starting offense had dropped back to pass 23 times against the first-team defense in practice. Jones completed 10 throws [43%], took four would-be sacks and scrambled once. And yet, the running game was worse."
https://www.bostonherald.com/2022/08...-practice-yet/

Old 09-11-2022, 09:51 PM

Default Miami 20, Patriots 7

Well... it's only game 1 of the regular season, and the Patriots have plenty of time to clean things up. They've also started off slow more than once before and then still put together great performances by playoff time. The game could have been quite different if not for a few turnovers. There are lots of things you can say to dismiss yesterday's loss.

But, there have been consistent reports that the Patriots' offense looked bad during training camp. They also looked bad during the preseason. They looked bad yesterday. They only scored 7 points yesterday - the lowest offensive output ever for a Mac Jones start. Miami coach Mike McDaniel was in his first regular season game as a head coach. Bill Belichick has been a head coach in over 400 NFL games.

Bill Belichick is kind of an NFL meme as a winner, and many people seem to take it for granted that he can't lose, that he has the Midas touch. I am not saying he's not a great coach - when a head coach has 6 Super Bowl wins to his credit, he must be doing something right.

Is it possible though, that Bill Belichick didn't win those 6 Super Bowl rings single-handedly? Is it possible that other members of those teams - coaches and players, were *also* responsible for that exceptional record? Is it possible that Bill Belichick was wrong to pick Matt Patricia as his (de facto) offensive coordinator, and that he's wrong when he says a good coach can coach anything? Is it possible that picking your sons as two position coaches for the Patriots may not be the best thing for the team?

I don't have any conclusions yet, but I do have some doubts.

Old 09-12-2022, 08:47 AM

I was expecting the offense to take a step back from last year. McDaniels wasn’t going to be easy to replace as coordinator. If it were up to me, Bill O’ Brien would’ve been my pick. Or at the least, promote Nick Caley who worked alongside McDaniels. There’s still a lot of season left, but I’m keeping expectations tempered for now.

Old 09-18-2022, 03:23 PM

The Pats offense clearly still needs work, but they managed to do enough to beat the Steelers today. Pats defense played well.

Old 10-03-2022, 08:35 AM

Sunday evening could’ve been far worse. Still, going to overtime with your rookie/3rd string quarterback in Green Bay was gutsy. I wasn’t pushing for Zappe to play in a high pressure situation, but under the circumstances, that exceeded expectations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football