Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?
Seattle Seahawks! 36 39.13%
Denver Broncos! 56 60.87%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 07:30 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times

Advertisements

Woo hoo! The Broncos are in the Super Bowl......

It will be a great match up

Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
PS: Sorry for my Roman Numeral typo. Obviously this is Super Bowl XLVIII. Perhaps one of our moderators can edit the thread title.

Taken care of!

Old 01-20-2014, 07:43 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush99 View Post
nope, can you read?....Im a Steelers fan....but i love good elite physical defenses.

Everytime the #1 defense goes agaisnt the #1 offense in the S.B....the defense have won.

you think the Broncos defense is as good as the 49ers and shut down the Seattles offense?.......Romo scored 48 points on Denver and I know Russell is better than Romo.

so please, don't make it look like the Broncos will shut out anybody.
I'll bet you really loved the 2000 Ravens, then. By the way, how do you rationalize the refs spotting the Seahawks 7 points in a 6 point win?

Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Rush, you keep referring to the complete regular season rankings of the defenses (I noticed how you have conveniently left out offensive rankings, but I digress) as if they are somehow relevant going forward. I've watched enough football to know the regular season rankings, which are affected by games that took place months ago, are about as relevant as the Steelers were to this season's playoffs.
He also keeps leaving out the fact that the Broncos had a 4-0 record in non conference games where the Seahawks had a 3-1 record.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:00 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
He also keeps leaving out the fact that the Broncos had a 4-0 record in non conference gams where the Seahawks had a 3-1 record.
Haha, yeah, but I don't really consider that to be a very revealing stat either. The Broncos played a bad NFC East and the Seahawks played a bad NFC South, getting beat by the only good team in that division. Neither team has played each other yet.

The Broncos haven't played a defense as good as the Seahawks, though the Chiefs were still pretty good going into their games with the Broncos. We all know how that worked out. The Seahawks haven't played an offense remotely close to the level as this Broncos offense. This game is going to be good, and both sides have reason to be confident in their team.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:04 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
There's talking trash and being straight up psycho. I have never seen an athlete go off on a reporter like Sherman did tonight. Straight up, freaky!
Then you must not have watched many post game interviews. Great players, especially ones who can back it up, are prone to be emotional and vocal. Here in Tampa Bay, we had Warren Sapp and he was the king of smack talk.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:23 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
It's not too early to get this discussion going.

Denver Broncos and their historic offense face off against the Seattle Seahawks and the league's best defense. I've wanted this matchup ever since the Seahawks moved back to the NFC. This is the first time in a long time that two #1s square off, and it is a refreshing break from the recent trend of lower seeded teams breaking through to the big game. Upsets are exciting, but sometimes seeing the season's best teams is exciting too.

There are a lot of sub plots in this one, not the least of which is the possibility of the game being played in cold weather and inclement conditions. That makes the whole thing more interesting if you ask me.

Super Bowl XLVIII. Discuss!
I was rooting for the Broncos and the Seahawks yesterday! Like you said, it should be an interesting game. Whichever team wins the battle in the trenches will most likely win this game. If the Denver offensive line can protect Peyton Manning like they did yesterday, they'll win it IMO. If the Seattle defense puts enough pressure on Manning, they'll probably win.

I'll be rooting for the Broncos! Peyton Manning is my favorite QB in the NFL so I want him to get a second SB ring and Champ Bailey to get his first ring.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:26 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Here is a side by side comparison of the Seahawks and Broncos defenses over the past 4 games. I use the past four games because they are a better metric for how a team is playing going into the next game. Giving September games equal weight as December and playoff games is an overly simplistic analysis.

Here's how the Seahawks defense compares with the Broncos:

Passing: 192.3 vs 198.8
Rushing: 105.3 vs 70
3rd down %: 25.9 vs 39.6
PPG: 14.5 vs 15

Seahawks are on the left, Broncos on the right. The only glaring disparity that favors the Seahawks is 3rd down percentage. That is obviously a very important stat. But the Broncos defense makes up for it by playing pretty impressive run defense. And they've done it against some pretty hot ground-based offenses, too. Considering the Seahawks are a run-first team, I think the Broncos defense matches up nicely against this Seahawks offense.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:27 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Despite past history (if you're a Browns fan then I don't need to remind you of John Elway and "The Drive" or "The Fumble) I'm pulling for Denver. Peyton is a class act. As was Elway.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:35 AM

8,746 posts, read 9,033,859 times
Quote:
Here is a side by side comparison of the Seahawks and Broncos defenses over the past 4 games. I use the past four games because they are a better metric for how a team is playing going into the next game. Giving September games equal weight as December and playoff games is an overly simplistic analysis.

Here's how the Seahawks defense compares with the Broncos:

Passing: 192.3 vs 198.8
Rushing: 105.3 vs 70
3rd down %: 25.9 vs 39.6
PPG: 14.5 vs 15

Seahawks are on the left, Broncos on the right. The only glaring disparity that favors the Seahawks is 3rd down percentage. That is obviously a very important stat. But the Broncos defense makes up for it by playing pretty impressive run defense. And they've done it against some pretty hot ground-based offenses, too. Considering the Seahawks are a run-first team, I think the Broncos defense matches up nicely against this Seahawks offense.
I agree, Denver's run defense should be able to stop or at least slow down Seattle's running game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football